• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Yeah, I just learned last night that ingame AF is borked. Forcing x16 through Nvidia settings did the trick. Helped improve visuals quite a bit.

Forcing AF helped. My performance are still out of whack though, even with the experimental branch and the new nvidia drivers. Game will drop down as low as 11 fps while walking around and I'm still on just the starting world.

The game isn't even a looker, I'd go as far as saying it looks like shit compared to the asking price: very low resolution textures and the pop in of things a bit far in the distance is offputting, leaving aside the bad performance.
The only praise I can give the game is for the OST and that is only because I listened to it on youtube.

I wonder how long I'll have to give them to get a working and well performing experience out of this game.

Lain

The Nier Automata announcement for PC is great. I wonder if they'll have the first one released beforehand or as a bonus or something.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
not that anyone probably cares, but NMS is 15% off on GMG

edit: and Abzu is 25% off

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
also, new Killer Bundle at bundlestars in 2 hours, those are usually strong. If thats old info...I dunno, go fuck yourself or something, trying to help here :3

Arthea

So, Nier Automata is gonna be the second Japanese SE game that'll be released at the same time with console?

we don't really know yet, I think, but it is possible.

can we have WoFF follow this trend, SE? pretty please and then some, you know that Xmas release would help to sell it heaps, right?

Nzyme32

giphy.gif

Will most likely buy

I never tire of seeing these PC / Steam focused reveals that are done in humorous ways

we don't really know yet, I think, but it is possible.

can we have WoFF follow this trend, SE? pretty please and then some, you know that Xmas release would help to sell it heaps, right?

It seems that it's coming at the same time according to the PR.

I hope people will buy it unlike Setsuna. This time, they have no reason. :"<

Yeah, I understand if people aren't too hot with Setsuna. There was barely any marketing for the game as well.

But this is the real deal. PC gamers need to buy this so this trend of Japanese games coming to PC at the same time will continue.

bloke

Maybe I'm alone in this but in the light of Automata announcement I'd like to see SO5 PC port aswell, maybe some sort of Director's Cut with additional content.

Arthea

Maybe I'm alone in this but in the light of Automata announcement I'd like to see SO5 PC port aswell, maybe some sort of Director's Cut with additional content.

I want this badly, but with bad tri-Ace luck combined with my special luck, we'll never get any of their games on PC *profound sadness

Was very optimistic seeing it being published by Square Enix. Still very nice to finally have it officially. Porting old Nier would be swell.

NiOh, FFXV and the Dragon Quest Builder game are going to come as well.

what makes you say so? Is it announced?

kevin1025

Banned
Hektor knew, I told him as much, he was expecting it, he's fine

Also that's one nice announcement, now we only need WoFF release date and SO5 announcement from SE. We won't get FF15 any time soon anyway.

If those two are actually coming to PC... I'm really losing reasons to keep console gaming!

And heck yeah, NieR! So many incredible games incoming.

Edit: Wait, World of Final Fantasy IS coming? Is it because of the "First on PS4 and Vita" language, or has it actually mentioned PC recently?

I was expecting Nier to come to PC but I wasn't expecting it to release along side the PS4 version. And to be fair, they haven't actually announced that both will release together but if they had any intention of holding the PC version back then they wouldn't have announced it until after the PS4 version was out. Also, I feel bad for Xbox owners who are starting to miss out on a lot of games because their choice of console isn't selling well enough.

Knurek

Anyone else watched that Bioshock Original vs Remaster comparison video?
Am I the only one seeing absolutely zero difference between them?

I was expecting Nier to come to PC but I wasn't expecting it to release along side the PS4 version. And to be fair, they haven't actually announced that both will release together but if they had any intention of holding the PC version back then they wouldn't have announced it until after the PS4 version was out. Also, I feel bad for Xbox owners who are starting to miss out on a lot of games because their choice of console isn't selling well enough.

They announced it's releasing alongside the PS4 version. Also, XB1 isn't missing games because of not selling well enough, but because of games not selling enough to justify the cost.

Nier announced for PC before King of Fighters XIV. How weird.

Anyway, Nier and Scalebound on PC means a happy Pikachu right here. Now, about Vanquish...

Anyone else watched that Bioshock Original vs Remaster comparison video?
Am I the only one seeing absolutely zero difference between them?

It's not a drastic improvement but it's there... also it will be free for me since I have Bioshock 1+2 and Minerva's Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom