• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expected to be buying that Killer Bundle immediately, but after seeing it I'm going to have to think about it. There's really only three games in the bundle I'm interested in.

Khronico

ModBot said:
Instructions for Khronico:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Khronico, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Cross of the Dutchman -- MB-8757A222901A80FB - Taken by redlacs
PONCHO -- MB-8D9DB8D91F56A5D5 - Taken by Nabs
Odallus -- MB-6A24008007A718B7 - Taken by Deques
Better Late Than DEAD -- MB-CF8DA9C4F797E7C8 - Taken by illusionary
Blue Estate -- MB-F245A258B16C654D - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Vidya James

saw this in another Mankind Divided thread and figured it would be relevant in here...from someone who played on a review copy

It runs very well on my system, getting around 55-60FPS with little to no drops.

Running this on a GTX 770 with an i5 Processor with Medium Graphics set. As for the HUD you have full customization and can even turn it off, I expect this port to run well since it's being handled by Nixxes.

I have and they work fine on my system but I'm getting around 45-50 FPS on High and 40-45 on Ultra so I chose to go with medium settings.

Speaking of which a user did tell me to post a screen shot of the graphics options and even though I'm under embargo I think it's safe to post these here. The resolutions go all the way up to 4K

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Killer Bundle 8 - $4.99 (Ends In 2 Weeks)

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/killer-bundle-8

Blue Estate The Game
Dead Effect 2
Odallus: The Dark Call
Riff Racer - Race Your Music!
Star Ruler 2
Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter Reborn
One More Dungeon
Cross of the Dutchman
Better Late Than DEAD
PONCHO

If anyone is planning to purchase this, but does not want this game. I'll buy it from you. ^_^

I use to play it as a kid, so I'm interested a lot.

r3n4ud

Sorry, bro. PONCHO is one of the only games that looks interesting to me, but it also looks like it could make me sick. This should be a fun experiment.
Well, now you're obliged to send me your Steam login info so I can family share the game.

C4rter

Two games from the new bundle:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cross of the Dutchman -- MB-C861AE9D475D78CA - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
Blue Estate The Game -- MB-1E5834A1DC5B5359 - Taken by rainking187. 4 entrants total.

t1471453216z1.png

I just had the most bullshit Captcha of all time.

"Please select all of the sandwiches."

Bunch of random pictures. 3 pictures of burgers.

THERE ARE NO FUCKING SANDWICHES.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fucking lol, holy shit Steam, straight up
Portuguese
profanity in the store page huh?

header.jpg

That is basically "Cunt" in Portuguese, and its as nasty in Portuguese as it is in English (as in, its in the upper echelon of curse words)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
fucking lol, holy shit Steam, straight up
Portuguese
profanity in the store page huh?

header.jpg

That is basically "Cunt" in Portuguese, and its as nasty in Portuguese as it is in English (as in, its in the upper echelon of curse words)

Localization can be tricky. So long as the developers themselves aren't Portuguese and releasing a game fully knowing every meaning of the word, you sorta have to let it go. Cona refers to all these things, too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cona

Killer Bundle moar liek Filler Bundle. Just a few games pique my interests.

Would love to get Sublevel Zero at Chrono but I'm hoping for it to be included in this Monthly Bundle.

Arthea

Not really a Killer bundle, but still, I can appreciate two games from my wishlist and +6 otherwise.

I consider any bundle with games from my wishlist a killer, no need for uncertainty or hard decisions, you just buy and hope to play some day in the next century or one after that.
And it happens so rarely, really the best bundles those are.

Set directly after the events of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, Survive sees the members of Militaires Sans Frontières not killed in that game’s finale transported through wormholes into an alternate universe, where they’re forced to battle a force of crystalline zombies and, it seems, at least one Metal Gear itself.

This sounds kind of amazing.

In troubleshooting my black screen flashes when browsing, I found my GPU was underclocked and undervolted. Whoops. I must have done that the first day I installed it without realizing. I think the issues are gone now! What a relief!

Tizoc

...and that's Toom Braider '13 beaten. All in all...meh
header.jpg

The primary plot has Lara going around in circles just to get enough gear to help her progress through the enemy's castle/fortress whatever.
The upgrades didn't feel like they benefited you much, although the weapon upgrades were noticable.

Really this game was designed as if the team had a checklist of things they need to put into the game to pass it off as a AAA game:
Meaningless collectibles- Check
EXP bar that offers meager non-game changing attributes- Check
QTEs for the sake of QTEs despite them being outdated 5 years ago- Check
Various ammo lying around for you to stock up on, uncluding pilfering ASSAULT RIFLE AMMO FROM UNDEAD SAMURAIS- Check

Don't even get me started on how Lara has to freakin' comment on just about EVERYTHING she does or is going to do, or even picks up. Dear Lord woman WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO?!

If you want an Uncharted style game, this goes cheap enough that it may satisfy you, though I personally feel that Rice of Toom Braider is the better game, mainly because there you can murder people by making them die in agony with POISON ARROWS, burn them with FIRE ARROWS or blow their face off with EXPLOSIVE ARROWS.

The Bow and Arrow is the one redeeming factor in this new reboot, so if you enjoy flinging arrows at people's faces, it may be the game for you, BUT if you're looking for an actual noteworthy gaming experience or narrative/character experience, there are better games out there.

rtcn63

I started up uplay after so long for that sweet raymans and I thought my PC froze. Nope, just insane lag, apparently uplay uses up the entirely of my CPU or whatever just booting up.

I started up uplay after so long for that sweet raymans and I thought my PC froze. Nope, just insane lag, apparently uplay uses up the entirely of my CPU or whatever just booting up.

Thanks for the reminder. I didn't run into that problem, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that UPlay now supports Google Authenticator for two factor authentication. Would be nice if Valve would allow that, rather forcing use of their mobile app.

Pixieking

Banned
header.jpg

Steep now up for pre-order. Been wanting a decent snowboarding game since I had to sell 1080 Snowboarding and my N64 a few years back. Will wait til closer to the time for reviews and impressions, though, because, well, £39.99? That's... a bit...

steep.

Arthea

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/460920/header.jpg?t=1471453021[/IMG

[URL="http://store.steampowered.com/app/460920/"]Steep[/URL] now up for pre-order. Been wanting a decent snowboarding game since I had to sell 1080 Snowboarding and my N64 a few years back. Will wait til closer to the time for reviews and impressions, though, because, well, £39.99? That's... a bit...

[SPOILER]steep.[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

oh great, another 60 euro game, sigh
no preoder then, unless I'll find nice discount and I'm kinda hyped for this game

edited: wait a second... no cheevos too? for this kind of game?
that's not smart, not smart at all.
and no cloud support? oh right, uplay
great, thanks Ubi for ruining everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom