• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

I need pics for proof.

n3k2sqr.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Those ABZU system requirements have me a little worried, a 290X for recommended GPU U wot m8?

Someone in the review thread/OT said he manages 45-60fps on a relatively ancient Intel CPU and a 7970, so I'd guess the recommended requirements assume 1080p60 as the goal.

Edit:
Got the pc-version.

It's a solid port with Unreal Engine 4. There are not many graphic options (render res, fish, shadows, reflections, vsync) and you can't change controll layouts. It is playable with mouse and keyboard, but like the steam page i would say: play it with controller. The game got an native support for the Dualshock 4.

Performance wise it's okay - nothing special. By some big, big fish swarms i got some heavy fps drops, but most of the time Abzû was between 45 and 60 FPS. My rig is also not the best on the market anymore :p

i5 760@2,80 GHz
Radeon HD 7970 OC 3GB
8 GB Ram

Its after all just a solid port in my opinion but i guess thats better than maybe Arkham Knight. :p

Ludens

Banned
I don't see the problem with Abzu's lenght. I mean, it's no different from plenty of other titles like Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Amnesia a machine for pigs etc, 2 hours game sold for 20€ more or less.
If you are ok with the price, go for it, if not, just wait for a 75% off (like I'll do).
I mean, it's not the first 2 hours game sold for 20€...

Us psn has a quakecon sale
Wonder if therell be a bundle...

Bethesda games bundled? Lol. Probably a Quakecon sale on Steam...

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Pixieking, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pixieking, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Chime Sharp -- MB-EC76D9D789685023 - Taken by Ventara. 28 entrants total.
gamesthatneedmorelove

t1470157558z1.png

derExperte

45 minutes 'til Windows 10 Anniversary. Awyiss, love Windows updates.

I don't see the problem with Abzu's lenght. I mean, it's no different from plenty of other titles like Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Amnesia a machine for pigs etc, 2 hours game sold for 20€ more or less.
If you are ok with the price, go for it, if not, just wait for a 75% off (like I'll do).

Ethan and Amnesia are closer to 4hrs and Carter had an open world to explore. ABZU's main problem besides the length seems to be the lack of freedom.

Ludens

Banned
45 minutes 'til Windows 10 Anniversary. Awyiss, love Windows updates.

Ethan and Amnesia are closer to 4hrs and Carter had an open world to explore. ABZU's main problem besides the length seems to be the lack of freedom.

Dunno, I completed Vanishing in 2 hours, it's not really open world since there's only one way.

AHA-Lambda

Yeah I wouldn't buy those games at full price either, I need like ~£7 before touching a game that short

Durante

I bought a GTX 1060 last week and the game I've played the most with it is Fallout Shelter, a mobile game port.
I'm mostly playing Phantom Brave on my 1080. At 5k resolution it uses <15% of the GPU.

(At least I'm also using it for VR, where I'd like even more GPU power :p)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder if Lionsgate UK adding Brooklyn to Netflix UK's catalogue on the 8th is a sign that a Steam release isn't far off. I don't think any of the Lionsgate films released on Steam thus far are UK-exclusive, however many of them are available in the UK in addition to the US, plus the film had its fair share of Oscar nods earlier in the year, which makes it a strong candidate for Lionsgate's first international (non-US) region-specific release.

Us psn has a quakecon sale
Wonder if therell be a bundle...

There's been a QuakeCon bundle every year since 2010 (though the 2014 one didn't contain any Quake games), so odds are good. The better question is if Bethesda will offer it as a discount-conferring bundle rather than just a regular, all-or-nothing package.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I wonder if Lionsgate UK adding Brooklyn to Netflix UK's catalogue on the 8th is a sign that a Steam release isn't far off. I don't think any of the Lionsgate films released on Steam thus far are UK-exclusive, however many of them are available in the UK in addition to the US, plus the film had its fair share of Oscar nods earlier in the year, which makes it a strong candidate for Lionsgate's first international (non-US) region-specific release.
I own the Blu-ray. The steam copy, no thanks.

DAMAGED

Gonna go see it anyway because T Mobile is giving free tickets through their app today. Also, can't wait for that Quakecon sale, time to play Quake. I haven't played since being scared by Quake 2 as a wee babby on PSX.

There is no single great movie with a DC license since Nolan's Batman. Seeing how everything from Man of Steel on sucked major balls, I'm not sure why anyone would base excitement.

Nzyme32

Lol spent the past hour hunting having to go out to buy fuses after my guitar amp bust a valve. Finally get to test the the GTX 1060 now.

I own the Blu-ray. The steam copy, no thanks.

Steam must know the expectations of people buying movies digitally at this point. Until they make the films somewhat portable / transferable to other devices and have decent prices, few are going to go for it.

Having said that, I think American Psycho was on sale for £2 a few days ago. If the films were actually as above, I would have bought it for the hell of it.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Lol spent the past hour hunting having to go out to buy fuses after my guitar amp bust a valve. Finally get to test the the GTX 1060 now.

Steam must know the expectations of people buying movies digitally at this point. Until they make the films somewhat portable / transferable to other devices and have decent prices, few are going to go for it.

Having said that, I think American Psycho was on sale for £2 a few days ago. If the films were actually as above, I would have bought it for the hell of it.
I've lost my faith in Valve to actually keep up with other services. They're still working on a managerial model that is a decade old.

I own... neither. :(
Brother, really.

Wok

Isnt that normal for professional software?

How am I supposed to get a +1 for my backlog though?

Sonar is a professional digital audio workstation suite, that sort of pricing for lifetime updates isn't completely unheard of. That's actually fairly cheap compared to some prices for high end photo/audio/video editing programs, which can cost that much for a single version number!

I did not know we had that kind of stuff on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom