• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Oh joy. A multiple restart Windows update that has interfered with a driver update restart...

I have only good feelings about this.

Today has not been my day

Adnor

Banned
Why's that?

When Valve added the chilean peso Ubisoft didn't update most of their old games to the new currency, so games like Clash of Heroes, Dark Messiah of Might & Magic or Beyond Good and Evil can't be bought unless they are part of a bundle that updated to the new currencies.

jonno394

If I were to buy FInal Fantasy XIII, has the game been patched to allow 1080p/60fps yet, or do I need to use another tool (ie from Durante or someone else) to get 60fps?

Nzyme32

Oh Fuck you Windows 10. Any customisations I've made have been wiped with this update.

Oh Hi MS Edge and Windows Store. Fuck off from my taskbar already

78% negative reviews (Out of 50) for telltales batman. oha.

If Tommy Lee Jones was Two-Face, the reviews would have been Overwhelmingly Positive.

DarKshodaN

Nice after the Windows update the Store in the Steam Client doesen't work anymore,also the cpu usage from the steam client is above 50% now, wth is going on?

Hektor

jesus! What's so bad about it? =/

The "new", "improved" engine is apparently a lot worse than what they used initially.

Reviews mention all kinds of things like laggy controls, drops to 10 fps, crashes, Gamepads not working, M+K issues, Fullscreen issues,

xist

Kind of surprised there's no mention of what's happening regarding Bundles on the Humble Twitter feed or their blog...

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Finished Transformers Devastation yesterday with Optimus.

I love everything about it, because of the short campaign I want to beat it with the 4 other autobots and try out the hard setting (only died twice on warrior).

The team really integrated the car forms well into the game, with the rush combos and juggles:

1b9.gif

Then there's also Prime's badass AoE, where he summons the convoy and it swings around.

This game. It's the perfect homage to G1 and in general outdoes Fall of Cybertron as best TF game.

Plus, if I start on hard setting, I'll get better loot and be able to craft better grade weapons. That's the thing, on top of the standout combat, it also has Diablo-style loot and weapon upgrading/synthesizing

Yet to start it, have it installed.

Pleased to hear this though

Doomedfool

Damn. How do we go from having two bundles up at a time to none, Humble? I guess I am okay with not spending money on games I don't need, but I still feel cheated.

Popstar

I installed Windows 10 last week but it kept constantly trying and failing to update a driver so I just rolled back to Windows 8.1 (which I like).

The Anniversary Update has changes to driver code-signing requirements, which is why some people may be having problems with DS4Windows and such. They're only supposed to activated on fresh installs not upgrades but maybe MS messed up.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
How is Lord of the Rings: War in the North?
header.jpg

I didn't enjoy it on PS3 sadly although I liked its concept, is it good in multiplayer? Does it have offline co-op for that matter?

It's absolutely terrible. One of the worst games I've played in recent years.

DarKshodaN

I know it doesnt mean much, but here Steam runs like always after the update

Strange, for me it looks like that the store could not refresh , the little loading wheel on the top right goes nuts like it's stuck or something.

I guess that's why the cpu load is so high from the steam client.

Ludens

Banned
Well, what I need to do after installing the last patch? Does the old trick to remove OneDrive via a bat file still works? Privacy settings I need to disable?

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Strange, for me it looks like that the store could not refresh , the little loading wheel on the top right goes nuts like it's stuck or something.

I guess that's why the cpu load is so high from the steam client.

are using the Steam Beta Client?

maybe that could be a problem for whatever reason

edit: and have you tried to turn it off and on again? :p

Nzyme32

Nice after the Windows update the Store in the Steam Client doesen't work anymore,also the cpu usage from the steam client is above 50% now, wth is going on?

Tim Sweeney was right?

Looks like, i am in a legit shock right now, trying to uninstall the update right now.

I know it doesnt mean much, but here Steam runs like always after the update

My computer bum-rushed my mobo bios update restart to do its own Windows update. Thankfully the bios update occurs pre-post so thing are okay, but Windows is a bit annoying.

Edge and the Store are now back on my taskbar, as are the various things I removed. I now have Minecraft. I have a bunch of changed privacy settings - allow apps to use contacts is now on, apps that can work in the background now include apps I previously turned off and new apps that MS just added.

Thankfully on the plus side, Cortana appears to have stayed the way I forced it prior to the update. It isn't doing web searches and just seems to do the normal windows searches. Hope it stays that way. Now with the faff of setting things back to the way I want, all seems about the same other than the new UI elements I keep spotting.

DarKshodaN

are using the Steam Beta Client?

maybe that could be a problem for whatever reason

No i use the stable Client, before the Windows Update everything was fine, so i don't know what happend now. Could only imagin that it has something to do with the Razer Software, i needed to reinstall it after the update.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone here using the Start10 start menu? Does it still work with the new update?

my Windows update went smooth, luckily :p
Same, yay! \o/

Need to get the newest version of ClassicShell though. Hm, maybe I'll try Metro for a while. Not a fan but let's see.

Also, coincidentally Firefox as well has a new version just released, 48.0. Any word on Enhanced Steam (the up-to-date one) coming soon to FF @jschackles?

Ludens

Banned
So FFXV just got a season pass. 10 years in the making and SE is charging for, I presume, additional story contents. Not that I expected no DLCs, skins and weapons were a sure thing, but I didn't expect a season pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom