• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish game reviewers were this honest about bad products
Yeah, game reviewers are the ones I trust most with their opinions..

dQy45Js.png

Nzyme32

I've lost my faith in Valve to actually keep up with other services. They're still working on a managerial model that is a decade old.

Brother, really.

The only things I consider to have worked well with their structure was the reshuffle to get their own VR solution out and what they have been doing with the Steam Controller. A little further back there was good stuff from imporving the store, BPM, streaming etc. I haven't really seen too much from them other than that. I'd hope that they are keeping a bunch of things close to their chest, such as a complete overhaul to the client etc, new hardware, games etc.

The wishful thinking side of me is hoping that either during their 20th anniversary at the end of this month, or during dev days in October, they announce a whole bunch of stuff that gives me some confidence in what they are up to with Steam - but if memory serves I recall saying the same thing before the last dev days after all the Steam Universe stuff. In fairness to them, a lot of stuff has actually come from that (better BPM, steam store overhaul, in-home streaming, controller etc etc).

Feels like lately though Valve hasn't done much to improve Steam itself outside of updated user reviews. They've done fuck all with Music, Video, the actual Client etc which could all be great with some work. The client right now is functional and behaves for the most part. But I want more from them

Tizoc

This game does not use UPLAY and is currently $2.49

If you like Match 3 games then chances are you will like this game as well, it's got great 2d animations and the gameplay is addicting. Well long as you can soldier through the slower parts of the game at least :p

Jawmuncher

This game does not use UPLAY

If you like Match 3 games then chances are you will like this game as well, it's got great 2d animations and the gameplay is addicting. Well long as you can soldier through the slower parts of the game at least :p

Have yet to play it on PC, but it was so much fun on ds

Tizoc

How is Lord of the Rings: War in the North?
header.jpg

I didn't enjoy it on PS3 sadly although I liked its concept, is it good in multiplayer? Does it have offline co-op for that matter?

Nzyme32

oooh boy. First and last time buying Zotac (a quick turn around from my previous comment, last time a trust said friend). The cards fans are misaligned so the end up lightly scraping the housing, making the fan sound god awful

Thank god for the refund policy. Going to spend the extra £20 on either the MSI or Gigabyte cards

Anyone have a trust preference on MSI or Gigabyte graphics cards?

derExperte

Beware of ABZU if you're gaming above 1080p.

And it uses Windows' region setting to determine the used language.

oooh boy. First and last time buying Zotac (a quick turn around from my previous comment, last time a trust said friend). The cards fans are misaligned so the end up lightly scraping the housing, making the fan sound god awful

Thank god for the refund policy. Going to spend the extra £20 on either the MSI or Gigabyte cards

Asus

Buraindo

header.jpg

I didn't enjoy it on PS3 sadly although I liked its concept, is it good in multiplayer? Does it have offline co-op for that matter?

I enjoyed it. Bit repetitive and definitely better in co-op. Quick google says local co-op is console only for some reason.

My Msi 770 was outstanding. Not a single glitch or crash and very quiet. Nice style to boot.

Nzyme32

My Msi 770 was outstanding. Not a single glitch or crash and very quiet. Nice style to boot.

Yeah. Had the MSI 960 Gaming, and it was flawless. So I'm looking at the GTX 1060 Armor (no idea what the branding difference is there other than the cooler being a little different). For £1 more, there is a Gigabyte one that has good reviews, but I've never messed with Gigabyte beyond mobos

Adnor

Banned
This game does not use UPLAY and is currently $2.49

Only way to buy it for me is to buy the Capy Games Bundle.

Knurek

My bad i should of phrased it better. It does work but not in exclusive mode.

I take it you have the checkbox ticked in DS4Windows?
Did you try old workaround? Disconnect DS4, close DS4Windows, kill explorer, run DS4Windows, connect DS4, restart explorer.
Code:
@echo off
taskkill /IM explorer.exe /f
echo Connect your DS4 controller
pause
start explorer.exe
IIRC you only need to do this once per boot.

Yeah. Had the MSI 960 Gaming, and it was flawless. So I'm looking at the GTX 1060 Armor (no idea what the branding difference is there other than the cooler being a little different). For £1 more, there is a Gigabyte one that has good reviews, but I've never messed with Gigabyte beyond mobos

MSI Armor is a lower tier than Gaming. The cooler and style isn't as posh, might not have as high a clock either.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
header.jpg

Decent.

Offline coop is in iirc

kev26b

I take it you have the checkbox ticked in DS4Windows?
Did you try old workaround? Disconnect DS4, close DS4Windows, kill explorer, run DS4Windows, connect DS4, restart explorer.
Code:
@echo off
taskkill /IM explorer.exe /f
echo Connect your DS4 controller
pause
start explorer.exe
IIRC you only need to do this once per boot.

Yeah box it ticked, workaround doesn't work, i tried it five times.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Finished Transformers Devastation yesterday with Optimus.

I love everything about it, because of the short campaign I want to beat it with the 4 other autobots and try out the hard setting (only died twice on warrior).

The team really integrated the car forms well into the game, with the rush combos and juggles:

1b9.gif

Then there's also Prime's badass AoE, where he summons the convoy and it swings around.

This game. It's the perfect homage to G1 and in general outdoes Fall of Cybertron as best TF game.

Plus, if I start on hard setting, I'll get better loot and be able to craft better grade weapons. That's the thing, on top of the standout combat, it also has Diablo-style loot and weapon upgrading/synthesizing

Arthea

ABZU is great, gorgeous, great music, educational, and has a lot of secrets, it's true that it is ~2 hours long, but how many times one have to play to see everything? I got like two achievements in 2 hours, so yeah, very much replayable and probably more than once also.

just look at it:

I was afraid it won't run good, but it was OK, a few fps dips there and here, didn't get bellow 50, so it was fine (2GB VRAM)

Teppic

If DS4Windows doesn't work again I'll just go back to 8.1. These "now it works and now it doesn't" situations doesn't make it worth it to be on 10.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
aww man :(

I'll still watch it for Margot Robbie and Jared Leto

If her Legend of Tarzan performance is anything to go by, you could better spend your time looking at pictures of her online; it would be a more charismatic and believable performance.

Finished Transformers Devastation yesterday with Optimus.

I love everything about it, because of the short campaign I want to beat it with the 4 other autobots and try out the hard setting (only died twice on warrior).

The team really integrated the car forms well into the game, with the rush combos and juggles:

1b9.gif

Then there's also Prime's badass AoE, where he summons the convoy and it swings around.

This game. It's the perfect homage to G1 and in general outdoes Fall of Cybertron as best TF game.

Plus, if I start on hard setting, I'll get better loot and be able to craft better grade weapons. That's the thing, on top of the standout combat, it also has Diablo-style loot and weapon upgrading/synthesizing

Easily a top 3 character action game on PC.

I really enjoyed playing as Bumblebee and switching between bot and car form. Combat feels a bit like Bayonetta too, so that's a huge plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom