• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

How many hours until deus ex md unlocks so i can go around punching people i. The face then eat chocolate bars to punch more people in the face?

Finished this earlier. Nice little puzzler in the vein of Monument Valley, Back to Bed and Hocus. Familiar concept, Escher like puzzles where rotating the environment completely changes the level design.

It does add some interesting mechanics, multiple protaginists, switching between 2D and 3D and it even adds a Steven's Sausage Roll like mechanism where you ride a cassette tape. For you young'ins, a cassette tape was the dark age between records and cds. The only issue with some of them is that they are barely used. The fantasic 2D to 3D shift is only in one level!

Should only take about 2 hours, looks nice and even has an interesting story. Well worth your time.

Also have steam patched how categories work? All of a sudden the categories from my desktop also appear in my laptop steam.

Finished this earlier. Nice little puzzler in the vein of Monument Valley, Back to Bed and Hocus. Familiar concept, Escher like puzzles where rotating the environment completely changes the level design.

It does add some interesting mechanics, multiple protaginists, switching between 2D and 3D and it even adds a Steven's Sausage Roll like mechanism where you ride a cassette tape. For you young'ins, a cassette tape was the dark age between records and cds. The only issue with some of them is that they are barely used. The fantasic 2D to 3D shift is only in one level!

Should only take about 2 hours, looks nice and even has an interesting story. Well worth your time.

Also have steam patched how categories work? All of a sudden the categories from my desktop also appear in my laptop steam.
Thanks for the impressions, will give it a try :)

Xanathus

Got my Escape From Dead Island key from the Kinguin seller but wow this is shady as fuck, the seller just sent a picture of a piece of paper with the key written on it.

Monooboe

I keep getting mails from Kinguin but I really have no recollection of signing up to that site or plan to, I've even gotten 5 euro codes from them before.

L.O.R.D

ok,i got the 5 games offer
i see Order Status is closed , Vendor Name is Luciano's Keys.
when viewing the order i don't see the keys.

Anteater

for some reason this usb cable (the cable, not the device it's attached to) crashes all the usb devices I've plugged in with a usb power surge error message, is such a thing even possible? Took me forever to find the culprit since I've had the same devices since forever, I thought it's one of the usb ports and I was wrong, when it crashes I have to unplug/reset them which can be hard to do without an input device, making it hard to test.

I eventually narrowed it down to my dualshock 3, then during one test I didn't plug in the ds3 but only the cable, and it still crashed everything, glad I figured it out, now I can go back to playing my video games

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Retro City Rampage DX -- MB-DAAC0EEDCA3C3E70 - Taken by Purkake4
Outlast -- MB-9D6EBE44C2F6601B - Taken by L.O.R.D

Tizoc

Decided to just buy it and play it later tonight thanks for the impressions mate

MadGear

I just started playing the first few missions of Galak-Z. I really did not expect this game to have tank controls, I was sure it would have twin stick controls instead. As always these controls are super confusing to me at first but I'm slowly starting to get the hang of it, but I'm not liking them (never did).

bloke

2€ Coupon Code for Kinguin: KINGUINGC
https://www.************

Kinguin seems to be something like G2A (I think).
Therefore I used the code for something below 2€, so I did not have to use my own money.

Here are 5 random Steam keys for 1,99€:
https://www.************/category/16585/5-x-random-steam-cd-key/

I got:
Realms Of The Haunting
Pressure
Knightshift
Gorky 17
Bloodbath kavkaz

Edit: Alright, the URL is censored so I guess it's not allowed here?

Um, thanks. After I applied coupon code they only asked for my billing address, no CC info and my order when through, will make a giveaway with my 5 keys if they ever arrive lol

Mivey

It sounds more like some pretty serious mental breakdown, maybe some kind of depression or hallucinations, or I don't know, but definitely serious. There is a kind of suicidal depression in which people see half-man half-animal monsters watching them at night.
Fuck. I wouldn't go out assuming the worst right away, but if you're right, I hope he gets better.

Ludens

Banned
15 hours in Zestiria, I think I'm half way through the game and I'm not liking what I'm playing, like at all. Here are my main issues with the game:
-boring main character, he is just too good. It's like playing as Superman, because there are no shades of grey in his personality.
-supporting characters are pretty bland too, just anime tropes, nothing else.
-15 hours in, and still I feel I'm in a tutorial, since the game pops up messages when I finish a fight regarding the fight system. A lot of things to do, to learn, while I win all fights just by mashing B, sometimes A, going into super-sayian mode etc. I feel all that stuff is completely useless.
-horrible navigation system: sometimes I have a star guiding me, sometimes it disappears for no reason. Stick with a decision:give me or not a marker.
-sometimes I can't teleport in and out from a dungeon for no apparent reason, so I need to backtrack to the entrance, killing all mobs in the way because wolves etc are faster than me and I can't avoid them if I run. If the level iz maze-like (Pendragon church, in example) finding the exit is painfull.
-the overworld is garbage. There are those HUGE plans with NOTHING in the middle: just some enemies in and there, a couple of chests and that's it. Here you can avoid enemies very easily, I don't understand why they created so huge locations while there's not really something to do in the middle. Like "they are huge just for the sake of being huge", travelling around is boring.
-the plot...is there a plot? I mean, the
shepard
figure is very meh, but the fact you just need to go around becoming powerfull without a real goal is very stupid. Like you reach a location and there are problems here and you need to solve them and go on.

It's not a bad game, but just a mediocre one. There are no bugs, no broken thing, it's just something...plain? Like a 6/10. I never played a Tales of before of Zestiria, I also purchased Symphonia, I hope it's much better than this because, if it's on par, I won't even bother.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
God damn, I'm shit at Dark Souls. Can't even get past the Gargoyles near the beginning of the game

It gets better as you learn the game. Someday you will be able to take those gargoyles down with a new character wearing nothing but rags for armor. Sounds silly, but experience and skill greatly pay off with Dark Souls. That rooftop fight is a fun one though!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
sigh...

am i the only one who doesn't like how the industry is going? It is all based on pre order hype and DLC/season pass... Is there even a game that doesn't have any dlc nowadays?

Not all DLC is bad, but I never ever buy season passes unless I know exactly what is promised and coming with that pass. More often than not though lately, due to the nature of the industry today like you lament above, I simply wait to buy a game when the eventual Super Deluxe Game of the Year Gold Platinum Edition comes out which always includes all of the DLC anyway. Patience really does pay off when it comes to gaming today.

If a game is really good and well worth the money though I will buy DLC to support exceptional devs. Games like Euro Truck and Cities Skylines come to mind, I've bought lots of DLC for both and not regretted one penny of it.

Therefore I used the code for something below 2€, so I did not have to use my own money.

Here are 5 random Steam keys for 1,99€:
https://www.************/category/16585/5-x-random-steam-cd-key/

I got:
Realms Of The Haunting
Pressure
Knightshift
Gorky 17
Bloodbath kavkaz

I never have any luck with these kind of mystery key deals, so instead I went with Shelter 2 and Dark Sector. Thanks for letting us know.

And for anyone not wanting to try this because they need an address, use this.

bloke

Um, thanks. After I applied coupon code they only asked for my billing address, no CC info and my order when through, will make a giveaway with my 5 keys if they ever arrive lol

Well keys arrived after 30 mins, as for the games... i-don-t-know-what-i-expected.gif

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Earth 2150 Blue Planet -- MB-68F1EBDBF2B56F7B - Taken by SSPssp
East India Company Gold -- MB-69CD10F112EEB447 - Taken by Hakkelus
Commander: Conquest of The Americas Gold -- MB-B3467D00E1B59095 - Taken by Jalal
Earth 2150 The Moon Project -- MB-68F1EBDBF2B56F7B - Taken by SSPssp
Earth 2150 Lost Souls -- MB-9B64ABA8440C5154 - Taken by Purkake4

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Earth 2150 The Moon Project was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Be a Space Duck
wBXlori.jpg

A little roundabout giveaway. This is for Lew Pulsipher's Doomstar, but it comes as an ITCH.IO key, that should later give you a Steam key.

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away an ITCH.IO key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pantsattack, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lew Pulsipher's Doomstar -- MB-59F393709EAF1001 - Taken by Jalal. 11 entrants total.

t1471804453z1.png
The winner should put the "key" at the end of this web address to redeem: https://largevisiblemachine.itch.io/doomstar/download/

Thanks to wok for the heads up!
A game called Lew Pulsipher's Doomstar will be released on Steam on September 16th. It is being developped by the same devs as The Battle for Sector 219. What might be of interest to some is that the game is being sold with beta status on itch.io for $5 (half of the final price), and comes with a Steam key for both Doomstar and Sector 219.

SSPssp

I didn't have Blue Plaent but already had Earth 2150 - Moon Project so here it is:
DQNGQ-A6ZB7-M2HW5

Guess Kinguin labeled it wrong?

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pantsattack, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Planets Under Attack -- MB-95A570FEC7590ABF - Taken by Sarcasm
Pirates of the Black Cove Gold -- MB-8715DFAD4A91F629 - Taken by Hakkelus

Grief.exe

hmm, yeah, i guess those details make it interesting at least

personally i think a good artist could just draw some better high res sprites that mesh with the game better, as well as a better ui design

that'd be nice, but also it's kind of a bummer to have to fix square's mess

That's nice, but also an obscene amount of work.

15 hours in Zestiria, I think I'm half way through the game and I'm not liking what I'm playing, like at all. Here are my main issues with the game:
-boring main character, he is just too good. It's like playing as Superman, because there are no shades of grey in his personality.
-supporting characters are pretty bland too, just anime tropes, nothing else.
-15 hours in, and still I feel I'm in a tutorial, since the game pops up messages when I finish a fight regarding the fight system. A lot of things to do, to learn, while I win all fights just by mashing B, sometimes A, going into super-sayian mode etc. I feel all that stuff is completely useless.
-horrible navigation system: sometimes I have a star guiding me, sometimes it disappears for no reason. Stick with a decision:give me or not a marker.
-sometimes I can't teleport in and out from a dungeon for no apparent reason, so I need to backtrack to the entrance, killing all mobs in the way because wolves etc are faster than me and I can't avoid them if I run. If the level iz maze-like (Pendragon church, in example) finding the exit is painfull.
-the overworld is garbage. There are those HUGE plans with NOTHING in the middle: just some enemies in and there, a couple of chests and that's it. Here you can avoid enemies very easily, I don't understand why they created so huge locations while there's not really something to do in the middle. Like "they are huge just for the sake of being huge", travelling around is boring.
-the plot...is there a plot? I mean, the
shepard
figure is very meh, but the fact you just need to go around becoming powerfull without a real goal is very stupid. Like you reach a location and there are problems here and you need to solve them and go on.

It's not a bad game, but just a mediocre one. There are no bugs, no broken thing, it's just something...plain? Like a 6/10. I never played a Tales of before of Zestiria, I also purchased Symphonia, I hope it's much better than this because, if it's on par, I won't even bother.

Yep, sounds like a Tales game. I never understood why they took off in popularity.

bloke

I guess the kinguin code doesn't work anymore? Tried before with Dead Rising 2 but they "refunded" it, now it seems invalid

Nope still works, just made my "second" purchase with different account on different IP (yeah I know I'm gonna burn in hell for misusing this).

edit: my redemption giveaway, hope the key works, says thanks to Kinguin

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Shelter 2 -- MB-8A481532613F0204 - Taken by Spirited

Tizoc

Yep, sounds like a Tales game. I never understood why they took off in popularity.
Maybe play the original games from the snes and ps1 era?
Yales series have a female fanbase in japan iirc which is part of why it is popular to a certain degree
Mind u not all games re for everyone but it often helpe to try out a game or two to ser if they are to one's taste.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Nope still works, just made my "second" purchase with different account on different IP (yeah I know I'm gonna burn in hell for misusing this).

edit: my redemption giveaway, hope the key works, says thanks to Kinguin

FYI it was a duplicate.

Shantom

Bought some Rocket League DLC, Steam gift was already redeemed. What a shit site.
Edit: And now it works. That was odd. Seems it was just a Steam error.

Arthea

I just finished Solitairica,

that's first roguelitelikeish game I finished in a while. What's roguelike about it? permadeth for one and your progress not carrying into the next game. It is an evilishly cute solitaire golf game at its core, but I liked all additions, from spells to items, to status effects and planning ahead I had to do.
I can't recommend it for perfect (100%) crowd, it's like most roguelitelikeish games require impossible amount of effort, really not worth, still a pretty nice distraction of a game, I've spent 30 hours with it (bought during last summer sale), I consider I got my money worth and then some.

venomenon

Wow, so many G2A aka Kinguin users in this thread!
No worries, just exploiting their promotion, just the way they deserve.

On a side note, just got DOOM for 28€, which is pretty good I think. I'm not even into FPS all that much but that topic in Gaming finally made me try the demo and damn, is this fun. Really looking forward to play once that huge-ass download finishes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom