• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Been keeping an eye off and on Limit Theory's dev vlogs for a few years. Hope it comes to fruition. Last one I watched he had been on a break due to a motivational difficulties (?), can't remember exactly.

Well for one the finished game isn't out yet, but yeah certainly one received far more attention earlier in its development though to be fair it seemed NMS was further along at the time.
I wouldn't bother anymore if I were him. What's the point? NMS fills that void and already released. He got hosed. With NMS massive cash influx, they can out dev him at anything now.

Kiru

Also, this really bugs me.
This is what bugs me. Just because I bought the addons separately. :(

FIhTo4t.png

They should have made the Expansion Pass a Bundle with those 2 DLCs.

Hektor

Pretty excited for this

The Warlock of Firetop Mountain, August 31st

b1gdmrt.gif

Dang, that looks awesome

It looks like that another Platinum Developed game is coming to PC.

Platinum Games working on a Granblue game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-K5n1sbdrQ

Dang, that does too.

They're also working on an RTS game for Smartphones
http://gematsu.com/2016/08/cygames-...real-time-tactics-game-lost-order-smartphones

Now that's something i didn't expect.

Coreda

I wouldn't bother anymore if I were him. What's the point? NMS fills that void and already released. He got hosed. With NMS massive cash influx, they can out dev him at anything now.

I remember thinking at the time that I totally understand the motivational factor of it, seeing as there were already space exploration/sims out there like Elite, and Star Citizen was gaining a lot of attention, not to mention NMS and a few others I'm forgetting. It would be difficult to maintain focus in the face of the competition but I still hope something comes of it.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I remember thinking at the time that I totally understand the motivational factor of it, seeing as there were already space exploration/sims out there like Elite, and Star Citizen was gaining a lot of attention, not to mention NMS and a few others I'm forgetting. It would be difficult to maintain focus in the face of the competition but I still hope something comes of it.
Me too. I wish the dev would come online and talk about how he feels about NMS. It would be interesting.

FIhTo4t.png

Borderlands 2 has an issue where the GOTY version contains all the DLC from the season pass, but the season pass itself is not marked as owned.

Deques

FIhTo4t.png

Isn't that kinda a non-problem? It's not that you would miss anything from the full expansion pack

C4rter

2€ Coupon Code for Kinguin: KINGUINGC
https://www.************

Kinguin seems to be something like G2A (I think).
Therefore I used the code for something below 2€, so I did not have to use my own money.

Here are 5 random Steam keys for 1,99€:
https://www.************/category/16585/5-x-random-steam-cd-key/

I got:
Realms Of The Haunting
Pressure
Knightshift
Gorky 17
Bloodbath kavkaz

Edit: Alright, the URL is censored so I guess it's not allowed here?

Coreda

I'm not sure what I'm looking at. You wanted it to display in your purchases as a single item for both expansions, or is it to do with the free DLC?

Therefore I used the code for something below 2€, so I did not have to use my own money.

I got:
Realms Of The Haunting
Pressure
Knightshift
Gorky 17
Bloodbath kavkaz

Hilariously, I regularly get ads on Gaf for another such website, that is also banned here.

Knurek

I'm not sure if this is common knowledge already or not but a friend Google translated some Japanese article and did some regional price conversion and figured out that Stein's Gate will cost $35 with a launch week discount of 15%, bringing it down to about $30. I wonder how many people will say that it's too expensive for an X year old game which already has a PC version.

It's a new port, based on PS4 assets. 1080p vs 720p.

Kiru

Borderlands 2 has an issue where the GOTY version contains all the DLC from the season pass, but the season pass itself is not marked as owned.

Isn't that kinda a non-problem? It's not that you would miss anything from the full expansion pack

I'm not sure what I'm looking at. You wanted it to display in your purchases as a single item for both expansions, or is it to do with the free DLC?
It's kinda a non-problem in my library. Just saying that the store thinks I don't own the expansion pass because I didn't buy that one. But the expansion pass only contains the 2 DLCs I bought separately and some empty app: https://steamdb.info/sub/62759/apps/
Just an OCD thing...

Vuze

I got:
Realms Of The Haunting
Pressure
Knightshift
Gorky 17
Bloodbath kavkaz

Thanks for the heads up, waiting for the order now

L.O.R.D

where i can find the control config file for burnout paradise?
month after playing it and i can't make the X1 elite work with it.

Parsnip

Nice surprise, seems like cdkeys was selling day one editions of dx:md after all, despite not listing all its contents on the page.

Just to put some perspective on this - I have had the game since a year after it lauched, and been stuck on that boss since then, leaving the game for several months, trying again every now and then - today was no exception.

Using that one tip - I have completed the boss, without using any estus and without losing any health

For fucks sake, why did I not even read up on what that stuff does! Now I'm going to have to work out what else I don't know. I also still don't under stand Humanity, if someone wouldn't mind explaining the uses?

Well, now to get on with the rest of the game
If you haven't yet, learn how weapon scaling works. That's my one tip for anyone newish to Dark Souls.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
So after reading some Deus Ex threads it seems like SE almost like cut the story in half, cut the game in half or something.

I haven't read those threads, but Jim Sterling suspected they were going to do something to it similar to what they did with Just Cause 3 and Hitman; some sort of online only, episodic plan that would have been aborted half way through development.

dex3108

AHA-Lambda

Were u living under a rock for the past year?
Granblue is a popular mobile game franchise in japan

Well I guess I must have been yeah? Cos I've never heard of it

EDIT: actually hold on, why on earth would I even know about mobile games that are popular in Japan?

Got back to playing Hearts of Stone in The Witcher III, and while it's mostly great, and good value for money, most of the combat annoys me now. Pretty much every single boss fight seems like a showcase for the worst aspects of the game, in regards to camera, lock on function, etc.

They really should have done the bosses like Witcher contracts, with time to prepare instead of letting them suprise you, and try to fit them into as open spaces as possible.

And everyone who thinks letting bosses regenerate health is a good idea, needs a proper slap in their face.

Kiru

I got:
Realms Of The Haunting
Pressure
Knightshift
Gorky 17
Bloodbath kavkaz

Saw this on mydealz too. Bought Dead Rising 2: Off the Record for free! :)

L.O.R.D

I got:
Realms Of The Haunting
Pressure
Knightshift
Gorky 17
Bloodbath kavkaz

how to get the 2€ ?
i can't find the page on kinguin main page.

It's a new port, based on PS4 assets. 1080p vs 720p.

I believe the original PC release is 640x480 :p

I know it's a new port and it'll be the third copy of the game I buy, but I do expect some folks will be upset when they see this price for 'such an old game'.

Vuze

how to get the 2€ ?
i can't find the page on kinguin main page.
Enter the coupon code at the checkout to get 2€ off

Also lol, I only received 4 keys and one of them was the Black Cove game that is/was free on DHL. But whatever, free +3 but no way I'll spend any more actual money on their site

Wok

I mean, there is this nice indie game, Limit Theory, developed by exactly one guy, which has a continuous solar space, maybe even beyond that.

Been keeping an eye off and on Limit Theory's dev vlogs for a few years. Hope it comes to fruition. Last one I watched he had been on a break due to a motivational difficulties (?), can't remember exactly.

It sounds more like some pretty serious mental breakdown, maybe some kind of depression or hallucinations, or I don't know, but definitely serious. There is a kind of suicidal depression in which people see half-man half-animal monsters watching them at night.

The last time you heard from me was during RTB. The Road to the Beta was designed to be the beginning of the end for Limit Theory's dev cycle. Ultimately it, along with a solid year of unhealthy work habits, spiced up with the onsetting of some pre-existing conditions unknown to myself, ended up backfiring and, ironically, was the beginning of the end for my sanity. I wish that were a joke, but it's not really.

In preparation for the third chapter of RTB, I was pushing harder than ever to deliver several new pieces of game content that I thought would really please you all (it included a working custom ship editor...to give you some idea of how hard I was pushing). Unfortunately and much to my surprise, roughly a week before the deadline on RTB 3.0, I very suddenly started to experience new, strange, and scary things, mentally speaking. I'm not going to go into more detail than that...but the point is that it threw me into a world of panic. It also disconnected me from objective reality for an extended period of time (again, I won't go into detail about what that entails).

Retrospectively, I can basically summarize it as such: the mental health issues that had been creeping up on me for about half a year, combined with my drive to wrap up LT finally came to a head and set off a mental condition that drove me into a very scary place. Again, I don't want to dwell on that too much, but in hopes of making my absence a little more understandable, I'll just say that these weren't garden-variety anxiety or mood issues -- what I experienced was frightening and ultimately disabled my ability to work effectively for roughly three months. I still woke up every morning attempting to code, but, to be perfectly honest, my mind was so far gone that I accomplished little.

In what seemed at the time like just a matter of days, three months of my life blew by without any sign of the Josh that you've all come to know. Not surprisingly, I've very little memory of that time.

By some miracle, the thought "something is very wrong" entered my head one day. It must seem so overwhelmingly obvious from an outsider's perspective. But from inside the belly of that kind of situation, and being in total isolation, it's nearly impossible to actually recognize and do something about it -- hence three months seeming like days. But finally, the realization hit me. The very next day, I moved home to Louisiana and told my parents that I needed help from medical professionals.

The next two months were consumed by trying to get that attention and make headway in figuring out how to diagnose and 'fix' me. Towards the end, after long last and with the right treatment, I started to feel Josh coming back again. It was a long and arduous process, but the moment that I felt the first flicker of light return to my mind was one of the most beautiful moments in my life. I'll never forget it.

madjoki

I got:
Realms Of The Haunting
Pressure
Knightshift
Gorky 17
Bloodbath kavkaz

Tried Escape from Dead Island which is 1,99€, got put on hold and now they think I'm using proxy. ewww. I guess I was right to never shop there.

Varg

Banned
Anyone have issues with skyrim? Good buddy of mine gifted me the ultimate edition but every time I start, the 144hz makes the horse do back flips and kill itself in thr beginning lol. Is there anyway to force the game to 60fps because I don't see it in the config.

madjoki

Anyone have issues with skyrim? Good buddy of mine gifted me the ultimate edition but every time I start, the 144hz makes the horse do back flips and kill itself in thr beginning lol. Is there anyway to force the game to 60fps because I don't see it in the config.

RTSS? Maybe wait for Special Edition in 3 months or so?

Admodieus

I don't want to sound like I'm defending season passes but there are some issues with this approach. Firstly, season passes and DLC in general do not go on sale 'in big ways' for the most part. Season passes typically don't get discounted at all until all their content is out (which is months after the game released), and when they do get discounted it never quite matches the discount that the base game gets. In fact, in the recent past we've all seen several cases where buying the GOTY edition of a game in a sale is cheaper than buying the DLC alone. Secondly, interest in a game wanes over time. For example, I played The Missing Link DLC for DXHR over a year after finishing the game, and while the DLC was okay, I did not get any references to the events of the main story because I had completely forgotten what was supposed to be happening in the story at that point. As another example, I still haven't played the DLCs for Dishonored or Witcher 3 yet despite loving both those games to bits. There's just so much other stuff on my plate that going back to older games seems harder than it needs to be.

I don't know man, I feel like there's always a way to get the DLC for cheap - whether it's the season pass itself going on sale (RoTR SP for $9 from Gamestop a few weeks after release) or the individual DLC/GOTY edition at some later point. Even consoles benefit from this, as DLC is always on Deals with Gold/PSN Flash Sales.

I haven't played the DLC for Witcher 3 either, despite loving the game. But it'll always be there, and it will never get more expensive, only cheaper. There's only one season pass I've ever bought that I thought was worth it - and that was the Borderlands 2 season pass. The few other times I've tried it (Bioshock Infinite, The Division) it has never worked out.

Arthea

I was playing some of this EA game - Force of Elements, it's something like Puzzle Quest only multi only and you play against other people or AI. It being an EA game it's pretty unstable and has a lot of bugs, but I don't see any way to report those, devs don't seem to visit boards, there is no dedicated thread or anything.
What's the point of having an EA game if don't pay attention to feedback I wonder.

7WJ0R76.jpg

These should work but with these freebies from giveaways, you never know.

ModBot said:
[
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Particula -- MB-F0A1FFD35B83D042 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 1 entrants total.
Dead Bits -- MB-82F047CDB866C079 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 2 entrants total.
The Troma Project -- MB-C107BCC38635FC9D - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Cobi Treasure Deluxe -- MB-39478E87459EE1E0 - Taken by jgalat. 2 entrants total.

t1471786568z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom