• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

It's a sensory deprivation tank and some LSD.

ace4759e10b9e4c055a1d31bb02b3338.jpg

Lomax

Do we have any indication that Valve is even going to mention the anniversary? They haven't done anything for any other anniversaries recently.

yuraya

Would be epic if Valve just dropped the store pages for Left 4 Dead 3, Team Fortress 3, Portal 3 and Half-Life 3 on the anniversary day.

Corpekata

Banned
http://trust-the-ministry.com/

Playism are teasing something. Looks like maybe an Astro Boy game? Or perhaps some crossover game? Has Suda 51, some ex- .hack people, Silent Hill composer credited.

At least the first silhoutte looks like Astro Boy, and there was the Ministry of Science in that.

I never trust gaming company doing anything special for their or their IPs birthday/anniversary.

The majority of them were just total disappointment.

Soulflarz

Banned
Text an account recovery code to my phone number ending in 'XX'

STEAM

IF I LOST MY AUTHENTICATOR
WHY WOULD I HAVE MY PHONE
edit: had my recovery code on a .txt randomly on my pc

thanks self

PaulSane

So, i've finally caved in and bought Dragon's Dogma at 40% off, i've been eyeing this game for a while now, and decided that i want to play it sooner rather than later :)
That said, i have a question - how long does it take to complete this game? I'm not planning to do a 100% run (not yet, anyway), but i'll be doing as much side content as possible without going out of my way to find it.

The reason i'm asking, i want to know if i'll be able to finish it before God Eater comes out, since i'll be definitely playing that on release, having bought it already :) And i don't want to put Dragon's Dogma on hold, since it looks like a game you can immerse yourself into, and these games are best played without distractions.

madjoki

STEAM

thanks self

maybe you lost due to reset of phone? Also SIMs can be reissued in most cases, so phone number usually stays the same.

Corpekata

Banned
So, i've finally caved in and bought Dragon's Dogma at 40% off, i've been eyeing this game for a while now, and decided that i want to play it sooner rather than later :)
That said, i have a question - how long does it take to complete this game? I'm not planning to do a 100% run (not yet, anyway), but i'll be doing as much side content as possible without going out of my way to find it.

The reason i'm asking, i want to know if i'll be able to finish it before God Eater comes out, since i'll be definitely playing that on release, having bought it already :) And i don't want to put Dragon's Dogma on hold, since it looks like a game you can immerse yourself into, and these games are best played without distractions.

Probably in the 40ish hour range if you're not going out of your way to find side content (there's a lot, but it can be hard to track down and can be missed) presuming you're doing the Dark Arisen content as well.

Sch1sm

STEAM

thanks self

Some of us
(or just me, I've done it three times now)
just happen to forget when we reset phones/switch phones that the authenticator is linked, but when I reinstall it just texts my number and doesn't force me to remove than add the auth again when I log in on the Steam mobile app.

It does tell you to save that code. Do yourself a favour and keep it in a safe place.

There's nothing 'masterful' about Nintendo's marketing here. It's probably a stunt that's been in planning for years, even since Tokyo's Olympic bid was successful. Unfortunately for Nintendo, Rio arrived at a time when the company's brand is at the weakest point it's been since end of the GameCube, perhaps even more so given that the WiiU has sold less than the GameCube. So that even if Nintendo is successfully getting attention at Rio there's no solid foundation to build-upon, it's all empty hype with nowhere to go.

god damn talk about a piece of work

I hope he lasts long enough for NX's launch

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

In your case, probably somewhere between 40 and 60 hours.

Anteater

alright beat the keeper guy in the evil within, it's some bullshit because if you get hit you basically move around so slowly if you're short on health

the lesson here is, never get hit

this guy with the chest tentacle one shotted me just now :(

Alright I'm starting to get into No Man's Sky, it really is a good podcast/Netflix game. Still don't quite understand half the gameplay systems but I'm learning.

Ludens

Banned
you can quicksave when you reach a new place so if you make a mistake simply reload

Dunno, I didn't use this feature, but this dungeon is simply designed with ass.
It's frustrating for the sake of being frustrating, you shouldn't need to abuse save/load in order to beat it with no problem.

Hektor

I put it on hold after only 1-2 hours. The HUD was just too irritating and I did myself a disservice with hardest difficulty. Maybe I'll give it another try.

You should get yourself the Ranger mode dlc. That being sold for extra cash is one of the greatest sins of earth.

Durante

I reached the peak. A garbage water temple in which I NEED to go stealth otherwise if some eyes on the wall see me, I need to start from the beginning. In the middle I need to find some chests with some poems, but they close again when I open them, so I can't track which chest I checked. And the level is maze-like and there are random encounters in the middle. What a garbage, I'm so frustrated right now.
I actually thought that dungeon was one of the more interesting ones ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ascheroth

I actually thought that dungeon was one of the more interesting ones ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Haha, same here. I heard all the horror stories about this temple beforehand, but when I actually got there it was... fine?
Though all dungeons in Zestiria are pretty meh as a whole.

-15 hours in, and still I feel I'm in a tutorial, since the game pops up messages when I finish a fight regarding the fight system. A lot of things to do, to learn, while I win all fights just by mashing B, sometimes A, going into super-sayian mode etc. I feel all that stuff is completely useless.

You should really take the time and learn how the combat system works, what it can do and practice it. There's lots of stuff and it can take a while, but it really pays off. The most fun thing about Zestiria is definitely the combat, just getting by with button spamming is such a waste. Turn the difficulty up to Hard if you have to. (You change it back anytime anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom