• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimrpg

Wow, so many G2A aka Kinguin users in this thread!

Is G2A/Kinguin talk allowed on GAF?

Just wondering, because i've seen a lot of nice bargains on Kinguin. I know there's the stigma of some merchants on there using stolen credit card info but that could be for any site right, like Ebay or even Craigslist?

There's a lot of stuff there for under 5 euro, that would make a great starter collection of games for steam. Like Civ 5 for less than 3 euro is a steal. Look under the <10 euro tab on the front page.

Just had a weird bug that I'm not sure if I should be concerned about or not. I made a purchase on mobile and got the message thanking me for my purchase, but when I clicked on return to the store I was signed out. I clicked on sign in and I was signed back in without having to enter my username or password or anything. And usually when I make a purchase the charge shows up in my bank account as pending immediately, but I still haven't been charged yet. The games show up in my account though.

EDIT: Nevermind, the charge finally showed up. Still a weird bug though.

Just wondering, because i've seen a lot of nice bargains on Kinguin. I know there's the stigma of some merchants on there using stolen credit card info but that could be for any site right, like Ebay or even Craigslist?

There's a lot of stuff there for under 5 euro, that would make a great starter collection of games for steam. Like Civ 5 for less than 3 euro is a steal. Look under the <10 euro tab on the front page.

Don't buy from shitty places like that.

If you're just starting out the best thing you can do is install Enhanced Steam and you can see sales from a bunch of reputable places in addition to a ton of other useful stuff.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
and now in "welcome to 25 years ago" news, is there a reason why the Doom theme sounds so much like Metallica's Master of Puppets?

like is that on purpose or what?

Ascheroth

Yeah no, stay far away from those. Use isthereanydeal.com or Enhanced Steam for your shopping needs.

Tizoc

and now in "welcome to 25 years ago" news, is there a reason why the Doom theme sounds so much like Metallica's Master of Puppets?

like is that on purpose or what?

Various themes in Doom are based on Metal tracks from other bands like Slayer.

Ludens

Banned
Haha, same here. I heard all the horror stories about this temple beforehand, but when I actually got there it was... fine?
Though all dungeons in Zestiria are pretty meh as a whole.

You should really take the time and learn how the combat system works, what it can do and practice it. There's lots of stuff and it can take a while, but it really pays off. The most fun thing about Zestiria is definitely the combat, just getting by with button spamming is such a waste. Turn the difficulty up to Hard if you have to. (You change it back anytime anyway)

I'm playing on Hard already, sometimes I switch to easy when I meet a boss I can't defeat istantly, but on Easy I can simply left the pad and the AI will destroy the enemy without my help.
I would agree with you on mastering combat IF the game required that, but since I can win by button mashing, I don't see the reason to do so.

Tizoc

I'm playing on Hard already, sometimes I switch to easy when I meet a boss I can't defeat istantly, but on Easy I can simply left the pad and the AI will destroy the enemy without my help.
I would agree with you on mastering combat IF the game required that, but since I can win by button mashing, I don't see the reason to do so.

Part of the reason to offer oneself a challenge. The way Tales' difficulty works is that Easy is for those that want a casual experience, Hard for gameplay challenge.

Ludens

Banned
Part of the reason to offer oneself a challenge. The way Tales' difficulty works is that Easy is for those that want a casual experience, Hard for gameplay challenge.

Hard is not even so hard in my opinion, considering there are like two additional difficulties from what I understand.

Ascheroth

So on the one hand it's so easy that you don't want to learn it, but on the other you turn it to easy if you can't defeat a boss instantly.
Ok.gif

Ludens

Banned
So on the one hand it's so easy that you don't want to learn it, but on the other you turn it to easy if you can't defeat a boss instantly.
Ok.gif

I mean, since I'm not liking the game so much, even if I'm playing on Hard, if I die against a boss, when the game asks me to retry I select Easy and I kill him. No need to suffer on it.

Ascheroth

I mean, since I'm not liking the game so much, even if I'm playing on Hard, if I die against a boss, when the game asks me to retry I select Easy and I kill him. No need to suffer on it.

Honestly the only reason to play Zestiria is for its combat and cast of characers (if you like them), everything else is servicable at best and bad at worst.
The combat is a ton of fun IF you get the hang of it, but that requires some work. There's a lot going on and some of it is needlessly overcomplicated, but it's not important to know and use absolutely everything. (Might be different on the higher difficulties, but I got by just fine on a mix of Hard and Moderate).
Experiment with what you have, see what works best, get to know your combos and their elements. Slowly familiarize yourself with all the sytems. Part of the fun and challenge is not to just win a fight, it's to do it stylishly. To get as high a combo counter as possible.
Play as a different character if Sorey grows stale. The crucibles are great at letting you try out/forcing you to use something different. I know I played as Rose for half the game.

If you're content with just button mashing and turning down the difficulty for harder encounters and not having fun doing that... well, there's really no point in playing it at all.

Starr Mazer is releasing on Steam EA soon, it's a Shmup+Adventure game hybrid
http://store.steampowered.com/app/462100/?snr=1_7_7_comingsoon_150_3

Wait wait. It's a spin off based on Starr Mazer it seems.

Starr Mazer: DSP was born as a passion project during the development of its bigger brother, the point-and-click SHMUP hybrid, Starr Mazer. Originally, Imagos Softworks teamed up with veteran development studio Pixeljam to craft a demo environment to test weapons, enemy attack patterns and space combat. When both teams couldn&#8217;t stop playing the single demo level they designed, they knew they were onto something very, very special.

Nzyme32

Valve's 20th Birthday Extravaganza.

(?)

Bingo :)

That took longer than expected, you guys are slacking.

thread will be up on the 23rd.

Also of note, Steam Dev Days starts October 12th - wouldn't be surprised to see some announcements prior to that and talks at the event for more developer focused stuff. Or at least I'm hoping so. I want to see Valve do stuff with Steam. Not much happening lately

dex3108

Man there is so much content in Splinter Cell Balcklist. That is how 60$ game should look like.

Also i am really enjoying in every mission in SC Blacklist.

Ludens

Banned
Honestly the only reason to play Zestiria is for its combat and cast of characers (if you like them), everything else is servicable at best and bad at worst.
The combat is a ton of fun IF you get the hang of it, but that requires some work. There's a lot going on and some of it is needlessly overcomplicated, but it's not important to know and use absolutely everything. (Might be different on the higher difficulties, but I got by just fine on a mix of Hard and Moderate).
Experiment with what you have, see what works best, get to know your combos and their elements. Slowly familiarize yourself with all the sytems. Part of the fun and challenge is not to just win a fight, it's to do it stylishly. To get as high a combo counter as possible.
Play as a different character if Sorey grows stale. The crucibles are great at letting you try out/forcing you to use something different. I know I played as Rose for half the game.

If you're content with just button mashing and turning down the difficulty for harder encounters and not having fun doing that... well, there's really no point in playing it at all.

Yeah, in fact I'm thinking do drop it...but I spent money on it so I'll force myself to finish it.

Annubis

raw

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
It's a shame they are putting the newer titles for Tales Of on Steam. Each one seems to be a disappointment and weaker than the previous entries.

Ideally, they would put on Vesperia, Graces F, and Abyss.

Arthea

It's a shame they are putting the newer titles for Tales Of on Steam. Each one seems to be a disappointment and weaker than the previous entries.

Ideally, they would put on Vesperia, Graces F, and Abyss.

yeah, agreed
just imagining Abyss running smooth and nicely makes me want to replay it for one

although I'm not sure Zesty is such a disappointment, Xillia's gameplay otoh was, and we still don't know how good or bad Berseria is. I like that we are getting new games, but it would be nice they released those good older ones too.

Regginator

I've done both of that. I rebooted, hard rebooted, unplugging and then plugging again, both the usual slot and another one, but nothing. When I slot it in, usually I'd hear the usual connecting sound, but now it keeps silent and after 5 seconds it starts blinking green.

So it does seem to connect somehow (otherwise I think it wouldn't automatically blink after 5 seconds), but it doesn't work properly.

edit: When I type joy.cpl in command it doesn't list the controller, it does when it works.

Nobody? It still looks and controls brand new, no faulty buttons or whatever, and now this connection crap...Fuck this, do I have to buy a new one? :(

Kagemusha

yo whatever happened to gog connect
Publicity stunt supported by a few publishers. It happened a week before their summer sale. If they do another round it will probably be in November before the winter sale. It could also be against Steam's terms of service. It could have hurt Gog, too. I stopped buying from them entirely after they did that stunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom