• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

It's definitely an RPGMaker game. The developer has released two previous RPGMaker games, both for a dollar or so (although one is currently 40% off so you can get it in the realm of 60 cents.)

This is the main problem:

Not many people want to play games directly based on history (unless it's a shooter in a war setting,) because they're afraid it'll be an educational game. Making an all-new adventure set in a historical backdrop would go over much better. "I don't think I've ever played a game set in Indonesia, that might be interesting." as opposed to "Indonesian history, who cares?"

But hey, if it's priced similarly to their other games, it might manage to carve itself a niche.

I think a minor change in advertising would make a big difference. Just promote the game as "an epic adventure set in the exotic lands of ancient Indonesia" or something, and you get the same effect without the edutainment overtones. Let people find out it was based on actual events after the fact. As long as the story's interesting and presented well, it shouldn't matter. What they don't know won't hurt them. ; )

Buraindo

VAMPYR Gameplay Demo Walkthrough (Gamescom 2016)

This is looking pretty neat. I dig vampire powers in dialog and combat.

I'm interested. Previous footage was decent looking but this is even better. I hope it turns out well. Music is pretty nice too.

It vaguely reminds me of Murdered: Soul Suspect apart from the combat. I mean that in a good way, I actually liked that game okay!

Had exactly the same impression for some reason.

Knurek

Etrian Odyssey would not work, and NISA wouldn't have a say in it anyway since it is developed by Atlus. They just published in Europe.

That's crazy talk.
PC is the platform that would make EO games shine.

How many DS/3DS (games that actually used the bottom screen) to PC ports have there been?

Is that really important in this case?
PC has had tonnes of DRPGs released on it. I won't say it's the platform that birthed the genre (as that's Apple II), but it certainly can work with anything you throw at it.

Corpekata

Banned
How many DS/3DS (games that actually used the bottom screen) to PC ports have there been?

Not many but that doesn't preclude it. Just make it a toggle map. There have been many dungeon crawlers like Legend of Grimrock 2 that have similar mapping systems that are just accessed via button press.

Wok

There is a new trailer available for Hob, a game by the devs of the Torchlight series, for PAX 2016. Graphically, the game looks very pleasant. Gameplay-wise, there seems to be a good variety of actions and places.

Sega had all of last year to yell at Atlus for ports of their games

and looking at their release schedule they'll have this year to yell at them some more

why did Sega even buy them

Pixieking

Banned
Do we know when reviews are going to drop for The Turing Test? It's releasing next Tuesday, and GMG have the standard Steam version for a little over a tenner.

tFC6mhA.png

???

And it's a 23-page-thread.

yuraya

That thread about the PS+ price increase sure is something. People seem really pissed. Could only imagine what it would be if they increased by 20$ or 30$ instead of 10$.

Also I learned today that you have to pay money for cloud saves on ps4? That is just terrible. Man what has happened to console gaming? I would have cussed Valve the fuck out if they charged me for cloud saves. Wtf kind of shit is that. Maybe Valve is just nice and PC gamers are spoiled. wtvr

zkylon

zkylewd
suddenly i get a bit doubtful about dxhr2

what i hear sounds promising even if the story is gonna be not-awesome and the game is just gonna be a very slight incremental change, but idk, i kind of feel a bit of pause about buying it, considering how i don't have that much time to dedicate to it

i might just pass and actually play those witcha dlc i've been meaning to play forever

Monooboe

So I started Kentucky Route Zero and is it a bug or am I doing something wrong, but in the first place in the basement, the character always gets stuck reading the sign, I can't move or interact with aything else.o_O

Are the Titans supposed to look like the goofiest damn enemies since Majin Buu? Because damn they're goofy.

Also, warn a brother: A K-T port is imminent. I can't think of the last time they've done an OK job with their PC games. Maybe Arslan?
As the beer goggles foretold: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB7OU0MlIvs

A startlingly accurate depiction of your average Rimworld game.

This is legit. Right down to the peg legged colonist.
Although I haven't research beer-making yet but let's ignore that.

And speaking of augs, I would kill for some in Rimworld. (I just need to research it... some years away currently.) 'Cause between all of the crazy, knife-wielding tribals, and vicious, knife-wielding raiders, my colony is averaging one lost extremity per season; mostly fingers and ears... fortunately--and only one leg. But far too many overall.

Sure, I could hunker down and build a proper defensive perimeter around my colony... but that takes a lot of forethought and planning, not to mention time, which I need to stave off these constant disasters that befall my colonists.

Ozium

if you preordered deus ex from anywhere you get the doto 2 announcer pack

I bought it on cdkeys and fired up dota and they gave it to me

Thanks gods for that.

musou is love

need a good musou on steam.. I hear the port of DW8 is bad or something

and DQ heroes, while I love DQ, is not even a musou :(

dex3108

suddenly i get a bit doubtful about dxhr2

what i hear sounds promising even if the story is gonna be not-awesome and the game is just gonna be a very slight incremental change, but idk, i kind of feel a bit of pause about buying it, considering how i don't have that much time to dedicate to it

i might just pass and actually play those witcha dlc i've been meaning to play forever

I can buy it for 17-18$ but I won't for now. I can't play it with good performances so why should I buy it now and not month or two later when price drops and game is patched :D

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

l3L0MM1.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-232C34F6D7A003E7 - Taken by fspm. 18 entrants total.

t1471981125z1.png

Jimrpg

musou is love

need a good musou on steam.. I hear the port of DW8 is bad or something

and DQ heroes, while I love DQ, is not even a musou :(

I just got DW8XL from the recent steam sale and put about 3 hours into it so far.

+ Stacks of content, characters, story, character and item upgrades
- No resolution higher than 1080p
- I believe it uses PS3 art assets
- same old DW warts and all (ie bad voice acting, bad story - awful if you have even a small amount of knowledge on chinese history, average combat)

If you can deal with the negatives, then its a decent game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom