• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Our PC videos of Deus Ex: MD on ultra

Since we were told not to show any gameplay footage of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided before its release, we obeyed and can only present the PC version to you now. The game is pretty demanding but there is a large choice of options to tweak it so your PC can run it properly. That being said, we strongly advise you to avoid MSAA (2x and 4x) as it kills performance, even on our rig (i7 6700K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 Go RAM - DDR4 -, Windows 10, Nvidia GTX 1080 Founder's Edition MSI), due to the geometry of the environments. There is thankfully a temporal antialiasing option which does the job for little to none impact on performance. We captured the first 2 videos with MSAA 2x (and a few graphics options lowered down) and all the others with temporal AA and ultra settings if you want to see the difference. Enjoy the spoiler free videos!

Stunning. Splendid atmosphere. Great track record. Gonna be great fun.

On the topic of Deus Ex MD PC, while there isn't much to go on, it seems the textures get a bit more detail when jumping to ultra presets. I like it, would probably be a lot nicer with a higher resolution screen. I have no idea if I can run it. Guess I find out tomorrow.

hzqb1im.png

FxtJxUz.png

Corpekata

Banned
What other potential titles can NISA bring to PC?

Most of the examples I can think of like Grand Kingdom and Demon Gaze (this sucks, but would sell probably) are ones that would likely end up published by others on Steam.

Most of the notable NIS developed stuff is either already coming like Yonwari and (ugh) Criminal Girls or implied to be coming (further Disgaeas). A lot of the other stuff I can't see them bothering with. Maybe Grim Grimoire? Seems like a good fit on PC, was co-developed with Vanillaware who have a cult following. Not sure if the ball's in their court on that thought.

dogen

and now in "welcome to 25 years ago" news, is there a reason why the Doom theme sounds so much like Metallica's Master of Puppets?

like is that on purpose or what?

it's actually no remorse from kill em all.

but i think romero just handed robert price a stack of cds and told him to use them.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
What other potential titles can NISA bring to PC?

Etrian Odyssey IV might be cool, tough to port from 3DS tho, I think they published that.
I believe NISA is the publisher for Trails of Cold Steel too, so maybe both of those?
Ditto for Ys: Memories of Celetia.
All the rest of the Disgaea games? I hear D5 is cool.
Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger VS Darkdeath Evilman is a hilarious title and very Disgaea-like
La Pucelle: Tactics to appease longtime fans looking for that game.

But in all likelyhood none of those except the other Disgaea games.

EO is Atlus which inexplicably ignores PC.

Trails and Ys is XSEED barring some Tokyo Xanadu thing.

Hell yeah, ZHP!

It's definitely an RPGMaker game. The developer has released two previous RPGMaker games, both for a dollar or so (although one is currently 40% off so you can get it in the realm of 60 cents.)

This is the main problem:

Not many people want to play games directly based on history (unless it's a shooter in a war setting,) because they're afraid it'll be an educational game. Making an all-new adventure set in a historical backdrop would go over much better. "I don't think I've ever played a game set in Indonesia, that might be interesting." as opposed to "Indonesian history, who cares?"

But hey, if it's priced similarly to their other games, it might manage to carve itself a niche.

Some people can be real good at staying ignorant yes.

I'm interested by all the Suikoden-likes outta Indonesia myself.

Corpekata

Banned
Etrian Odyssey IV might be cool, tough to port from 3DS tho, I think they published that.
I believe NISA is the publisher for Trails of Cold Steel too, so maybe both of those?
Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger VS Darkdeath Evilman is a hilarious title and very Disgaea-like

Most of those they would not have a say in. Just being the EU publisher doesn't mean they'd be able to make efforts to get it ported.

Especially Etrian, NIS and Atlus had a very public breakup over EU publishing this year.

On the topic of Deus Ex MD PC, while there isn't much to go on, it seems the textures get a bit more detail when jumping to ultra presets. I like it, would probably be a lot nicer with a higher resolution screen. I have no idea if I can run it. Guess I find out tomorrow.
Yeah textures look better but also the shadows in the background are different. Settings are apparently well done, so I'm optimistic of getting the best settings on things I prefer and tone done other stuff. FXAA the best.

gngf123

Etrian Odyssey would not work, and NISA wouldn't have a say in it anyway since it is developed by Atlus. They just published in Europe.

Yeah textures look better but also the shadows in the background are different. Settings are apparently well done, so I'm optimistic of getting the best settings on things I prefer and tone done other stuff. FXAA the best.

well...Contact Hardened Shadows (or whatever it is they are called) are in...so maybe that's the difference with Ultra Shadows compared to High...it's a toggle so it's easy enough to turn off if it's a performance killer

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Thinking about buying on of those Xbone S controller with bluetooth. Is it possible to have Bone controller plus a DS4 synced at the same time and register as 1P and 2P?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Been replaying Return to Caslte Wolfenstein and it got me feeling back to the old days. Modern shooters and their idea of "weight" really killed how fast and fun the old Multiplayer games are.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Been replaying Return to Caslte Wolfenstein and it got me feeling back to the old days. Modern shooters and their idea of "weight" really killed how fast and fun the old Multiplayer games are.

I miss old school shooters because they care more about being fun than actually feeling realistic. I did enjoy Wolfenstein but I do love me old shooters more.

Gimme Timesplitters 2 and 3 any day of the year over whatever shooter people play these days.

Granjinha

Man, Satellite Reign is pretty good. Just wish it was better optimized.

Seems to have sold well (i hope that the steamspy numbers are enough, at least), so i can't see what's next from the devs.

rtcn63

I'm in the opposite boat. Having your character skid around constantly during combat situations while their weapons feel and sound like pea shooters hurts the experience. At least during single-player mode where reaction time can be sacrificed for more immersion.

I believe there's a middle ground between modern and classic. It's the extremes you have to worry about.

zkylon

zkylewd
Disgaea 2 is significantly worse than 1. If you didn't like 1, you can give all the other ones a pass.
it's not that i didn't like it, cos i kind of did (i specially liked the story/characters)

i just don't think it's a very good game, mostly because around 30% of the levels in the game are just trolly levels that are no fun to play, but then the other 70% is nothing special either

there are mechanics in there for the game to be awesome, but the game never made me use them in any interesting way and in the end the game just felt like a fun anime thing that had some really grindy interludes in between episodes

Jawmuncher

hzqb1im.png

FxtJxUz.png

I barely notice anything.

I'll be very happy if I can run it on medium!

Anyway, it's now halfway through Tuesday and still no Mankind Divided. Why won't they think of those of us that live in the future?

Khronico

Well, preordered DE MD

Normally I would wait but HR was one of my favorite games of last gen.

MD looks like that but even better.

it's not that i didn't like it, cos i kind of did (i specially liked the story/characters)

i just don't think it's a very good game, mostly because around 30% of the levels in the game are just trolly levels that are no fun to play, but then the other 70% is nothing special either

there are mechanics in there for the game to be awesome, but the game never made me use them in any interesting way and in the end the game just felt like a fun anime thing that had some really grindy interludes in between episodes

Yeah, I remember a ton of one-dimensional Stacking and GeoPanel stages BUT the Item World and such are even deeper than 1s was. Lots of Stupid Things to do in that and tricks to find to make it happen faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom