• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

venomenon

Man, I still somehow feel the urge to defend NMS because I got what I wanted from it and had fun for like 70 hours but by now I can't deny it's a real trainwreck...
So curious about a statement by Sean/HG if it ever comes.

Backlogger

Man, I still somehow feel the urge to defend NMS because I got what I wanted from it and had fun for like 70 hours but by now I can't deny it's a real trainwreck...
So curious about a statement by Sean/HG if it ever comes.

I noticed he sorta stopped posting to Twitter directly and now most of the patch/support posts are coming from Hello Games instead.

venomenon

I noticed he sorta stopped posting to Twitter directly and now most of the patch/support posts are coming from Hello Games instead.
True, but the issues regarding missing or clearly not working features aren't addressed there neither. I think they'd have to at some point. Or maybe not, it's not like their reputation could be tarnished any further by just remaining silent and I don't see how it could realistically be restored by whatever they could say at this point...

Corpekata

Banned
I'm starting to think the 1080p cap is not technical incompetence but some sort of strange demand on KT's part. Like they can't allow another platform to have a better experience.

Bomba's Edge: Catalyst CE down to 60€ on Amazon.de, console versions 10€ more (was 219€ initially).

Mixed feelings about this. I thought the game had crippling flaws so it deserved the middling reviews/reception it got. Soft sales follow naturally from that. At the same time, a bomba means it's unlikely that we'll ever get another Mirror's Edge, which is really sad.

In other news, Deus Ex is really bloody good. I haven't been this engrossed in a game in a very long time. There are a few times when it's very obvious you're in a video game world (the aforementioned stacking of boxes to break line of sight or just literally robbing people blind while they watch) but otherwise the game offers a ton of flexibility in how to approach situations and some very interesting side missions. 20 hours in and I'm not even half way through the game.

Also, almost none of the people on my friends list who have played the game got the 0451 achievement. Yes, I checked. Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves :p

Ascheroth

I don't follow him, but came across this in the Steam forum (yeah, I know), but I think that's good news.
QLOC doing good work it seems.
7xoV0kZ.png

Wok

I find the initiative fun. You might have your question in the game. Time for some SteamGAF creativity?

So it means that NMS is really all about procedural generation once you land on a planet: everything is generated from scratch, without any download of names or anything.

It is not a big deal, what is the probability that you go back to a planet once discovered? The space is so huge. Ahah! Typical Sean! :D

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I totally get the feeling of disillusionment.

But you owe it to yourself not to write this one off. I haven't even touched Episode 4 yet, but 1-3 are ingrained in my memory as some of the best gaming moments I've ever experienced.

Easily the best writing in a video game, bar none.
Fair enough, I'll go back on my statement: I won't get excited in the meantime, but I will play it once episode 5 comes out. It certainly looks cool.

Bomba's Edge: Catalyst CE down to 60€ on Amazon.de, console versions 10€ more (was 219€ initially).
I finished it last night. While the core gameplay was good, as a huge fan of the first game I felt rather disappointed. It's way too long, level design feels sloppy at times, and has several design flaws. Why can't I disable the objective marker during missions? Why is it so difficult to recognize glass panes, which makes me crash into doors all the time? Why are there bottomless pits inside buildings? Why is the writing still so bad? Seriously, the ending cutscene was terrible (the final mission was boring too, which given the setting it takes place in shouldn't have been the case).

It's not a bad game, and I did enjoy it, but at some point I just wanted it to end. Don't think I'll ever play it again or come back to get better times on the optional runs and do the delivery missions, and this is coming from someone who replayed ME1 at least 4 times and wants to play it again.

Mixed feelings about this. I thought the game had crippling flaws so it deserved the middling reviews/reception it got. Soft sales follow naturally from that. At the same time, a bomba means it's unlikely that we'll ever get another Mirror's Edge, which is really sad.

In other news, Deus Ex is really bloody good. I haven't been this engrossed in a game in a very long time. There are a few times when it's very obvious you're in a video game world (the aforementioned stacking of boxes to break line of sight or just literally robbing people blind while they watch) but otherwise the game offers a ton of flexibility in how to approach situations and some very interesting side missions. 20 hours in and I'm not even half way through the game.

Also, almost none of the people on my friends list who have played the game got the 0451 achievement. Yes, I checked. Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves :p
I'm curious, where do you find the 0451 code in the original Deus Ex? I know the place where you have to input it, but I never discovered the code itself until I read it online. Is it mentioned somewhere in the game?

Mivey

Not only amazon, AU had problems with kobo ereaders also (couldn't recognize device) but (fortunately) it works now after the latest update.
Really? Didn't notice anything. Then again, I mostly connect it with my Laptop running Ubuntu. It's weird how Linux seems generally more stable these days, mostly due to MS update blunders, made so much worse by being compulsary.
I guess the bright side is, if MS continues ruining their OS like this, it could actually make Linux more interesting for PC players, especially if they start removing support for older games at some point ( Like removing support for old DirectX API)

Knurek

it could actually make Linux more interesting for PC players, especially if they start removing support for older games at some point ( Like removing support for old DirectX API)

Start?
They've been doing it ever since XP ditched DOS.

SSPssp

This is working for me. I'm just letting each game sit for a moment before clicking to the next game.

EDIT: Now it's not working even after a restart.

Is idlemaster actually idling? I had to sign out of idlemaster and then sign back in when it would say idling but steam wouldn't show it.

derExperte

This is working for me. I'm just letting each game sit for a moment before clicking to the next game.

EDIT: Now it's not working even after a restart.

Sometimes it doesn't work for a game, if no card drops after 5s just move to the next.

And now let's hope this doesn't spread so we can do this at least until next Monday before a fix.

Parsnip

DXMD patch notes.

he following fixes are in this patch:

Adjustments to the Mouse Sensitivity settings, which mean that you can now set sensitivity for the X and Y axis separately.
Increased range of Mouse Sensitivity settings.
Fixed an issue that could cause missing geometry in the Dubai level.
Fixed an issue with player movement and running on stairs and sloped surfaces.
Fixed various issues with 21:9 setups.
Fixed an issue where the “Unmark All” prompt would stay on screen.
Field of view setting now displays the angle used.

Oh and yay new Hitman illusive target.

Is idlemaster actually idling? I had to sign out of idlemaster and then sign back in when it would say idling but steam wouldn't show it.

How can I tell in Steam? When I leave each game there's a flicker of "syncing" in Steam but it doesn't actually show the game as "running."

Sometimes it doesn't work for a game, if no card drops after 5s just move to the next.

And now let's hope this doesn't spread so we can do this at least until next Monday before a fix.

That's what I'm doing, it's not working. The same games were dropping cards and now they aren't.

SSPssp

129 new cards.

...I hope this isn't bad.

Oh dang nice dude. JaseC its time to get on it! You can actually knock out all those cards!

How can I tell in Steam? When I leave each game there's a flicker of "syncing" in Steam but it doesn't actually show the game as "running."

That's what I'm doing, it's not working. The same games were dropping cards and now they aren't.

Yeah, if its not showing the game as running it means idlemaster isn't actually idling for some reason. You have to sign out of idlemaster and input your info again. You might also need to restart as well again.

Parsnip

That card trick isn't working for me it seems.
Not that it really matters, I don't really have a shit ton of games to idle as is.

kevin1025

Banned
Oh dang nice dude. JaseC its time to get on it! You can actually knock out all those cards!

Yeah, if its not showing the game as running it means idlemaster isn't actually idling for some reason. You have to sign out of idlemaster and input your info again. You might also need to restart as well again.

So basically what I did was I waited five seconds and then jumped to the next game. Once it runs through them all, exit Idle Master, then relaunch it, and start the process again. It only drops one card per game, so it'll take multiple times.

I feel like KT only makes PC ports to make PC gamers feel terrible. Like, they are spending so little that they can just keep making them and all they really want is for a few people to miss the refund period and feel miserable.

I think people are making it too much out of it. Sure, they're not the best port out here. But at worst, it's on par with the console version. That's a straight port at worst.

I inputted my Steam data into Idlemaster again, I restarted Steam several times, restarted my PC. No luck. The glitch simply doesn't work for me anymore.

Guess I got a few cards out of it, so that's nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom