• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

I think people are making it too much out of it. Sure, they're not the best port out here. But at worst, it's on par with the console version. That's a straight port at worst.
On par? If it barely support the DS4 controller on the PS4 version, I would agree. And at this point, whoever is making their ports has to know what people generally complain about. Malice is a very good explanation. Not a rational one, but I don't think a rational developer would keep fucking up the way KT is.

They are a assembly line studio/publisher. They churn games out on all platforms and never update them other than with adding bullshit costumes and weapon skins. I think the last game to have ever been patched by them was Dead or Alive.

fixed that for you

It doesn't hurt that bad because all I could ever want from them is Ninja Gaiden Black PC (not happening) and Toukiden 2 PC @ 60fps (not happening)

Monooboe

For me not being able to play NMS is probably a good thing. With everything I keep hearing about it would probably be much worse discovering first hannd.

But what hurts the most about being without a gaming PC is hearing how good Deux Ex is and Obduction seems so damn good.:(

Bright side, I finally get to play all those 2D games that I never gave a chance before.:D

Ascheroth

I still dont get why they didnt release God Eater 1 for God Eater preorders a few weeks before 2...

The online community will be a mess...

It's a bit stupid.
The whole release is kinda weird. On PS4 they could play Resurrection as soon as they preordered 2 in the US, but everywhere else it releases at the same time as 2.

Unai

Yep, it's not a preorder thing.

Good! I really like Monster Hunter but I'm not sure about this one after watching some videos. I'll prabably wait a sale.

I still dont get why they didnt release God Eater 1 for God Eater preorders a few weeks before 2...

The online community will be a mess...

It's a bit stupid.
The whole release is kinda weird. On PS4 they could play Resurrection as soon as they preordered 2 in the US, but everywhere else it releases at the same time as 2.

Maybe because of easy refunds?

Hektor

First we had #AugLivesMatter and now there is a radio station talking about Social Justices Warriors.

Deeoos Ex is less subtle than a David Cage game. What a feat.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Mivey

Ucchedavāda;215090919 said:
Yeah, it stopped working for me as well.
Got a bit of the idling backlog knocked down, so it's still a net positive.
Still works for me. You have to restart Steam and IM when it stops working.

On par? If it barely support the DS4 controller on the PS4 version, I would agree. And at this point, whoever is making their ports has to know what people generally complain about. Malice is a very good explanation. Not a rational one, but I don't think a rational developer would keep fucking up the way KT is.

DS4 isn't an officially supported controller though. Now of course, they're freakin dumb not fixing these ports considering how easy it is and how they're losing to it. But still, it's not as horrible as people said. I feel like some people don't remember what are shit ports. One Piece PW3 for exemple is. Sure, it's from KT, but still. :")

Mivey

DS4 isn't an officially supported controller though.
It is for the PS4, and I was bringing that example up because I conside keyboard and mouse to be the prevalent PC controls.
Would you pay money for a text editor that doesn't support half your keyboards keys? But hey, it has a nice on screen keyboard that you can use with your mouse! That's how KT games seem to me in Steams ecosystem, where you can get much better products that actually give a shit about usability.

PC Gaming Confirmed, no GPUs in 2029
29214818026_fea729f242_o.png

29214818416_e94db89504_o.png
I too drink beverage out of my beverage branded cups

derExperte

What game is that? Was in the latest Humble Monthly mail.

Ucchedavāda;215093862 said:
Have restarted both per the previous suggestions, multiple times in fact, but still no go. =/

You have games with over 2hrs playtime left? The glitch only works consistently with those (tho I think I got cards from games with less occasionally).

If you keep switching games (next game) in Idlemaster theres a steam glitch where cards drop instantly.

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/e7Jhp/steam-or-idle-master-glitch

I was able to knock out all the games I had left. If it stops working you need to restart steam and IM.
Given it is reported to happen in ASF as well sounds like Valve has changed how card drops are handled? In fact developer of ASF spoke about it:
https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/irMWk5p said:
IM has nothing to do with it, it's steam fuckup and also reproducable with ASF.
Fuckup rather than intended. Aww...

Alas there are no cards for me to idle at this presant moment. Looking at my booster packs eligible list on the badges page I've managed 1103 games (back in my day had to walk up both hills and enjoyed it rant)
and a lot of that was under the 2 hour bullshit wait (which isn't that bad if you stockpile several games at a time) probably because of a refund I didn't even get.

You have games with over 2hrs playtime left? The glitch only works consistently with those (tho I think I got cards from games with less occasionally).

Yes, all the games I've whitelisted for Idle Master are already pre-idled / played to 2+ hours.
As a matter of fact, I am not getting cards from games that I already got one round of instant drops from.

AMD's glorious APU future.

There are plenty of mugs that just say coffee. I wouldn't be surprise if the developer has that much.
I want a water bottle that just says water, nothing else. I will then enjoy my soda from my soda branded bottle.
This is seemingly quite common according to the steam forums as well.
At least it's optional, I know how to shoot and besides that I play ghost/nonlethal.

Uriah

Anyone else have a bug where trying to download an update to a game (in this case Deus Ex) it says the content servers are unreachable? Anyone know how to fix?

Edit: Fixed it by changing my download region.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-4EA6F9C13EA856DE - Taken by WinterDemons. 7 entrants total.

t1472325644z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom