• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
Why can't Koei Tecmo get a porting studio (Abstraction Games to name an example) to help put their games on a PC platform instead of doing a half ass job themselves? The amount of positive word of mouth can help drive sales more than doing a half ass job just so you can have the game on a platform.

They are a assembly line studio/publisher. They churn games out on PC and never update them other than with adding bullshit costumes and weapon skins. I think the last game to have ever been patched by them was Dead or Alive.

They are a assembly line studio/publisher. They churn games out on PC and never update them other than with adding bullshit costumes and weapon skins. I think the last game to have ever been patched by them was Dead or Alive.

It's a damn shame. Even a company as vile as WB are getting QLOC to help bring MK XL to PC. Media outlets really should put a blast on KT PC games since negative reviews don't make KT budge.

For ppl spending money on this, support a better optimized game...like D3 Publisher's EDF 4.1

Jawmuncher

It's a damn shame. Even a company as vile as WB are getting QLOC to help bring MK XL to PC. Media outlets really should put a blast on KT PC games since negative reviews don't make KT budge.

For ppl spending money on this, support a better optimized game...like D3 Publisher's EDF 4.1

I would expect Jim Sterling to make a video about it, but he's in the KT fan camp so he never says much about their port quality.

dex3108

Fun fact, when Nvidia sponsored game works 2 FPS worse on AMD cards whole hell breaks loose, when AMD sponsored game works 10FPS worse on Nvidia cards everything is fine :D

Parsnip

The latest cumulative W10 update (14393.103, only in the preview rings for now) has something for the X1 pad.

insiderhub://announcements/3c33608b-d728-47be-926b-0db6a9136bab?Source=ShareLink
You so slow.
Good news everyone, or at least everyone who uses Xbox One controllers on Windows 10.

They fucking finally fixed the driver situation it seems.
The Release Preview ring that gets cumulative updates earlier had an update today and every Unity game I have previously had issues now works. Similarly I'm no longer seeing dual inputs in some other applications and games that were affected before.
I'm installing FF 13-2 at the moment as a final test, since some of those menus were broken with one of the previous drivers.

But I tested FF13-2 which was broken before the Anniversary update, seems to work now. And Dragon's Dogma, which was broken after the Anniversary update. Seems to work now as well.

Seems like shit works now.

Ascheroth

Deus Ex Human Revolution DC: What to do if you want to hack something in plain sight
23741872274FEC3AB043BF3F042AD71304AAB220
280A5370841DD95A7C86910C1AD5C84F2DA9B89D

derExperte

Fun fact, when Nvidia sponsored game works 2 FPS worse on AMD cards whole hell breaks loose, when AMD sponsored game works 10FPS worse on Nvidia cards everything is fine :D

Is AMD using some proprietary tech to obfuscate what's going on in the game and hinder driver optimizations?

You so slow.

Or too fast, I skipped that whole page. Hope it also fixes having to disable, then reenable the pad when starting Unity games*.

*It does, became an Insider, updated, tried Blues and Bullets which is Unity and always had problems, everything seems fine now. Thanks Bill Gates!

It's been so long that I don't care about it anymore. I wanted to get it once all episodes were released, but now I don't know if I will.

I totally get the feeling of disillusionment.

But you owe it to yourself not to write this one off. I haven't even touched Episode 4 yet, but 1-3 are ingrained in my memory as some of the best gaming moments I've ever experienced.

Easily the best writing in a video game, bar none.

Mivey

Here, my first giveaway. Just clearing out all those duplicate humble keys.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Mivey:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mivey, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes -- MB-3AE9E353FD1CDFD7 - Taken by animlboogy. 3 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-A5C04E2DBD247576 - Taken by PaulSane. 1 entrants total.
The Stanley Parable -- MB-738870DB9E476B0B - Taken by ThirtyFour. 3 entrants total.

Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut -- MB-3F0B0B1BF74EAA0D - Taken by William Bonney. 7 entrants total.
Outlast -- MB-ECA073B36CC17611 - Taken by xist. 3 entrants total.
Natural Selection 2 -- MB-324960A89CE1E7DE - Taken by redlacs. 1 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-76783EF8BA5CC415 - Taken by PAUonePUNCH. 1 entrants total.
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition -- MB-C3FB0AA54691DF7A - Taken by hannes. 1 entrants total.
Retro City Rampage DX -- MB-3907CEE96AD3F1A5 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
Shadow Warrior Classic Redux -- MB-0300B3C95F60FE61 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
Rayman Origins (Uplay) -- MB-0CF5EAF08F052BD1
Freedom Planet -- MB-6BA1D9C7F0DA35CA - Taken by Vuze. 2 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-7BDE2D28AD0699E2 - Taken by Blizniak. 2 entrants total.
Screencheat -- MB-A2AB86B68F169C42 - Taken by Wok. 2 entrants total.

t1472230649z1.png

me0wish

Holy shit. Its Cybernator!

I didn't play Leynos much, it didn't click with me, and I LOVE Cybernator, it's the kind of game that I'd play once a year every year.

Still excited about Laynos remake, I need to give it a proper chance.

Ascheroth

Kill everyone and then hack :)

Please, I'm not a murderer.
I'm just your regular peace-loving augmented guy who likes ventilation ducts and reading through mails of strangers, knocking everyone unconcious who gets in the way of that, while making sure no one knows I was even there.

Guys, as much as I hate to say it, I may have to invest in a prebuilt gaming computer in the next few days. I'd like to build one, but I'm gonna be much busier than usual this semester, and I won't have time to build it. Not to mention, I need a computer for schoolwork ASAP.

I know it isn't really your area of expertise, but what's a good bang for your buck gaming rig?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Weird glitch on Deus Ex

Hacked a PC, then a shit ton of floppy disks flooded my screen and crashed the game hahahah

Vuze

Guys, as much as I hate to say it, I may have to invest in a prebuilt gaming computer in the next few days. I'd like to build one, but I'm gonna be much busier than usual this semester, and I won't have time to build it. Not to mention, I need a computer for schoolwork ASAP.

I know it isn't really your area of expertise, but what's a good bang for your buck gaming rig?
I'd say pick a build from the "I need a new pc" thread and let a local store or reputable online retailer build it for you. Will probably run you less than any Alienware or whatever prebuilt gaming PC with lots of bloat and you know exactly which (quality) components are in.

venomenon

Not exactly what you asked for, but couldn't you look for a store that lets you configure your rig and have them build it? I'm very sure you get more bang for your buck this way and with some guidance configuring the thing doesn't take long (I decided I needed a new PC yesterday afternoon and it's probably being assembled right now) ;)

edit: beaten
And yes, the "I need a new pc" thread is great, the reference sheet in the OP helped me a lot.

fantomena

Wth... For some reason the DLC tab in Dark Souls 3 says that I already own Ashes of Ariandel (not installed), but how the fuck can i own something I never bought? I never bought neither the season pass or the DLC separately. Must be a bug, but it's one weird bug since I can't buy the DLC on each own due to that.

Edit: Deleted the DLC from my cart and restarted Steam. The DLC tab and the store page says I own it. Why.

Nabs

Wth... For some reason the DLC tab in Dark Souls 3 says that I already own Ashes of Ariandel (not installed), but how the fuck can i own something I never bought? I never bought neither the season pass or the DLC separately. Must be a bug, but it's one weird bug since I can't buy the DLC on each own due to that.

Edit: Deleted the DLC from my cart and restarted Steam. The DLC tab and the store page says I own it. Why.

Maybe you own it.

Did you get the deluxe edition? It comes with the season pass.

Didnt you get a press key again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom