• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Metal Gear Solid Legacy is already on Steam though.

I was not happy when I saw this on Steam the first time and then realized what it was. Konami couldn't resist taunting us.

I'm fairly certain I posted a thread as soon as I saw it in Steam db.

Yes. If what Voksi has claimed is true, that he may be able to crack next denuvo games easier and faster with his new discoveries, Denuvo will become obselete and pubs will leave the service eventually.

Fuck em, burn it all down.

I don't care about piracy, but I know this is a ticking time bomb.

Kudo

It will be interesting to see how quickly Denuvo is cracked in subsequent releases, and how quickly newer versions are cracked.

If the DRM is invalidated than there is no justifiable reason for publishers to support it.

Denuvo isn't explicitly an issue right now as it seems to be mostly inert and rarely stops a game from running. It's essentially a fucking time bomb though, it's not a matter of if support is dropped, it's a matter of when.

My fear is that when Denuvo is invalidated the publishers start using something much worse like online-only for their games. I hope it doesn't come down to that.

The idle glitch is super glitchy atm. Last night I got about 12-13 cards with 15 minutes of clicking, I just scrolled though the 70 games I need to farm once and got 43 cards!

No foils :(

KrisB

My body is ready

eb3a9176df.jpg

Glad the pre-load is up now.
Almost finished Freedom Wars so will be perfect timing to jump into God Eater: R and 2.

mp1990

Banned
Glad the pre-load is up now.
Almost finished Freedom Wars so will be perfect timing to jump into God Eater: R and 2.
Man I'd drop real cash to have Freedom Wars on PC... should've played it while my PS+ account was still active, but oh well. There's been some talk about a PS4 version of it for awhile now, maybe they'll bring it over if it ever hits.

While I'm on the topic of Vita games, how come has Ys 7 not have been ported yet? I haven't tried the series yet but it looks by far the best one.

PaulSane

So when are they running out of games to port?

I think these are the last ones that were actually announced. All the other games that may have possible future ports aren't even out on consoles yet in the west. Oh, and there is also Omega Quintet, which sold pretty badly on PS4 and doesn't look like going to be ported at all.

Zerbaderb

Neo Member
About 5-6 seconds.

Just ran through them again and got nothing. So results may vary!

Yea its really temperamental. You'll get a few streaks of just constant drops and then you'll get a couple per pass. Its probably got limits in terms of how often you can call the server or whatever the function it is.

rtcn63

I still personally think Doom is a 6-7/10, at least without nostalgia goggles. The upgrades and weapons could be more evenly spaced throughout the campaign, and the over reliance on arena combat just couldn't carry me through the last-third. I get why the devs didn't hype up the single-player pre-release- it's alright, but the more you play, the more you feel it could've been so much better. The only intimidating enemies are imps, since they're mobile. The bigger enemies are just cannon fodder once you get the heavy weaponry.

And this is super subjective, but I don't like the weapon wheel. Most of the early weapons get superseded and I'd rather be able to just have a customizable loadout of say 3 or 4 weapons that I could hotkey to the D-pad.

Corpekata

Banned
So.. is Deus Ex steamspy stabilize/accurate now?

No. Just wait for it to level off on the chart. If it's constantly spiking higher, it's not accurate.

You can take a look at for instance, Obduction and Worms that both released on the 23rd. All 3 have the similar looking spike.

Tellaerin

I only had so much creative control, and they told me Dinosaurs from hell the world just wasnt ready for yet.

Shame. Maybe one day you can give us the Doom/Turok crossover we've all been waiting for. Tobias Bruckner returns as a demonic cyborg Confederate soldier, leading his army of demon dinosaurs out of a portal to Hell to terrorize the living.

It has a better premise than Dino Crisis 3. >.>

dave is ok

aztek is ok
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dave is ok, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Facepunch Prototypes -- MB-7BF9E374CF4B7BCB - Taken by Nabs
+1

Ozium

got idlemaster glitch to work for about 11 cards and now there is 1 game w/ 1 card left and another w/ 2 and nothin

You can get those here.

http://prototypes.facepunch.com/

Games are meant to be played.

Facepunch Prototypes is a collection of our experiments on Steam. Some are old, some are new. We want people to play with them and let us know what they think.

To be eligible for a key you need to own at least one Facepunch game on Steam. This isn't a cash grab, this is a way to verify that you're a normal human. You can click here to claim your key.

Not in the top sellers list, not in the concurrent players list, not good.

it didn't even make it to the top sellers list

Thats the thing, it never made it on the top sellers list the entire day. There are 889 people playing it right now, its selling at $50 and at no point did it ever make the top sellers list. It also never showed up on the popular new releases list. Everything about that seems off. There would have been a spike somewhere, even a extremely brief one.

Grief.exe

It's not on the list at all. I don't think it's due to poor sales or anything.

Thats the thing, it never made it on the top sellers list the entire day. There are 889 people playing it right now, its selling at $50 and at no point did it ever make the top sellers list. It also never showed up on the popular new releases list. Everything about that seems off. There would have been a spike somewhere, even a extremely brief one.

Something similar happened to FFXIII when it was on top of the top sellers list.

MUnited83

For you.

Yep. Shit, even Fernbus Simulator appears on the top selling list and that has a 834 all time peak.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I had an extra five bucks on a gift card a while back so I threw it into my Humble Wallet to make it so my monthly bundle would be cheaper.

It completely ignored my wallet funds when I bought it and I got charged completely on the default card. I just noticed there's a clause in Humble Wallet that you can't use it to buy bundles.. on the bundle site... the one with bundle in it's name.

Guess I'll have to look for deals on humble to blow that money now.

SSPssp

I had an extra five bucks on a gift card a while back so I threw it into my Humble Wallet to make it so my monthly bundle would be cheaper.

It completely ignored my wallet funds when I bought it and I got charged completely on the default card. I just noticed there's a clause in Humble Wallet that you can't use it to buy bundles.. on the bundle site... the one with bundle in it's name.

Guess I'll have to look for deals on humble to blow that money now.

Yeah Humble Wallet is totally worthless. If they gave a discount it'd make sense.

Kagemusha

Voted on some SquareEnix Collective games. UnDungeon and Huntdown. Hasn't the Collective been around for years? I can't think of one game I've played or am even looking foward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom