• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah something is definitely off with Attack on Titan. It now has the same number of people playing it right now as obduction (1500 players) and it is nowhere to be found on the top sellers list. (also obduction is amazing!!!)

Ludens

Banned
I don't understand how I can proceed in Odallus. I beat the levels, I reached the final level but there's a barrier of course, because I need to beat other levels. I think you need to use an alternate exit to access each one, but in example I beated the first level three times and I keep missing this exit if it exists.

Nabs

Yeah something is definitely off with Attack on Titan. It now has the same number of people playing it right now as obduction (1500 players) and it is nowhere to be found on the top sellers list. (also obduction is amazing!!!)

Something is bugged. I hope they can fix it soon.

madjoki

https://steamcommunity.com/app/471770/discussions/0/359547436753435510/

He's regretting it already.

In terms of people asking for free copies of the game via email, my answer to that right now is no. I see that suddenly our general sales for the game are up 200%. That's... great. With those sorts of numbers we could be creating this game for quite some time. But at this point, for all those 700+ new customers all of a sudden, I'm going to be hit with the banking fees for the refunds.

I've never NOT been happy to make a sale before, this is very new. :/ I'm not fussing at you, and perhaps I should have waited until Valve took the game down for the news to go out, but I thought it would happen faster. And I generally prefer to communicate earlier rather than later.

How fast does he expect Valve to respond on weekends?

Corpekata

Banned
feels like a scam to me, what if he doesn't refund? hmm, dunno

It's Arcen Games. They are a long time known quantity in the indie world. They aren't going to ruin their careers over refunding to the select OCD collector crowd for 5 dollars.

The only issue they might have is they might have trouble refunding + letting people keep it like some suggested.

It's Arcen Games. They are a long time known quantity in the indie world. They aren't going to ruin their careers over refunding to the select OCD collector crowd for 5 dollars.

The only issue they might have is they might have trouble refunding + letting people keep it like some suggested.
okay, got it with cards money, hope they deliver.

I don't understand how I can proceed in Odallus. I beat the levels, I reached the final level but there's a barrier of course, because I need to beat other levels. I think you need to use an alternate exit to access each one, but in example I beated the first level three times and I keep missing this exit if it exists.

just keep trying to find it , there is another exit in all the levels

Grief.exe

Does Attack on Titan go above 1080p?

Something is bugged. I hope they can fix it soon.

I wonder if there is a variable they forget to activate when they launch the game.

Ibuki

Banned
Sorry if this has already been addressed, but is there a reason Nuka World isn't showing up free for me? It's not showing that I own it either, is it not part of the Season Pass?

Ibuki

Banned
It's out?

No, sorry. It's out next week, but a bunch of my friend's list already owns it, but it's showing full price for me. (I own the Season Pass, that's why I'm curious.)

EDIT: Wow I'm dumb, it looks like it hasn't been added to anyone's accounts or made free for Season Pass owners yet, must be something that happens on launch. Disregard this.

Hektor

Now lets get real, how bad are the Kekmo ports at the end of the day? Substandard fo a PC release or better buy the PS4 version bad? Cos i kinda want to play AoT (And i absolutely need Berserk when that's releasing)

Ganado

I like Arcen Games, they really shouldn't have to refund players who bought it after the announcement.

Now lets get real, how bad are the Kekmo ports at the end of the day? Substandard fo a PC release or better buy the PS4 version bad? Cos i kinda want to play AoT (And i absolutely need Berserk when that's releasing)
Functionality wise, a bit better than PS4, disregard KB+M, that shit doesn't work. I hear that the ports crashes often, not sure about that though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
No, sorry. It's out next week, but a bunch of my friend's list already owns it, but it's showing full price for me. (I own the Season Pass, that's why I'm curious.)

EDIT: Wow I'm dumb, it looks like it hasn't been added to anyone's accounts or made free for Season Pass owners yet, must be something that happens on launch. Disregard this.

Yeah, Scamco is doing the same thing with Dark Souls 3's DLC (allowing for pre-purchases but keeping Season Pass subs as-is until launch). It's utterly asinine and achieves exactly nothing aside from some confusion.

Kudo

From what I've read they're straight ports with more stable fps but some other issues you might experience.
I think the only one that goes above 1080p is Arslan Senki but even that people have issues getting 60fps on default settings (It's locked to 30 on PS4).
No idea about AoT but I have my doubts that it's much better port.

fantomena

What the fucccck. I updated to WIn10 anniversary and DS4 doesn't work. Ive restarted Steam, with and without "HIDE" button enabled and disabled. Gawdammit.

Edit: It works, have no idea why, didn't do anything.
Edit 2: Now the start button doesn't work on the controller and the camera is just circling around. Great.

gdt

I'm getting an error on Deus Ex.

It's saying update required, but when I try to do so it says server error or something.

Rebooted steam and got nothing.....anyone else getting this?

Ibuki

Banned
Yeah, Scamco is doing the same thing with Dark Souls 3's DLC (allowing for pre-purchases but keeping Season Pass subs as-is until launch). It's utterly asinine and achieves exactly nothing aside from some confusion.

OK that is pretty shady, but as long as the expansion is added to my account on launch it doesn't really matter too much.

Kudo

I'm getting an error on Deus Ex.

It's saying update required, but when I try to do so it says server error or something.

Rebooted steam and got nothing.....anyone else getting this?

Known issue with Steam servers, change your download region from Steam settings.

Did some more checking on my cloud save issue.

It looks like all uninstalled Steam games show 0 bytes stored in the cloud. They will then show the actual amount if the game is installed locally. Kind of stupid for a UI.

I guess my FEAR 3 cloud saves didn't stick for some reason and were lost.

Corpekata

Banned
What the fucccck. I updated to WIn10 anniversary and DS4 doesn't work. Ive restarted Steam, with and without "HIDE" button enabled and disabled. Gawdammit.

Edit 2: Now the start button doesn't work on the controller and the camera is just circling around. Great.

It's a known issue. There's threads in Gaming about it. There's some fixes.

Grief.exe

I discussed the fix and why this situation was occurring with you the other day.

Deques

Finished Trine 3 and it makes it my 51st beaten game this year. Just one more game!
The game is not as good as the two previous ones. I still like the first Trine game the best.

Corpekata

Banned
Refund for NMS went through, Surprisingly quick for a Saturday. Think I'll use the portion that was on Steam Wallet for Obduction tomorrow maybe.

I never really played the Myst games. Curious how it'll play to someone without that nostalgia.

Or maybe Master of Orion.

I installed Deus Ex: HR last night and started playing a bit last night. I figure another playthrough will keep me busy until MD goes on sale. The last time I played the game was on PS3 in 2012, so seeing everything on the highest graphics settings is really nice.

Besides boss fight changes, did the Director's Cut do anything else to the game? I only own vanilla but is there any reason to upgrade?

Nzyme32

Refund for NMS went through, Surprisingly quick for a Saturday. Think I'll use the portion that was on Steam Wallet for Obduction tomorrow maybe.

I never really played the Myst games. Curious how it'll play to someone without that nostalgia.

Or maybe Master of Orion.

Myst is pretty old at this point, so it can be a bit difficult for some folks as it hasn't aged so gracefully. That and how "difficult" it can be are downsides, but there are so many people that would kill to experience the game as they did the first time through. It's pretty great, and Obduction appears to be a much more engrossing up-to-date style for the same kind of game.

Personally, I'm gonna go through Myst again and Riven for the first time, then get Obduction

I installed Deus Ex: HR last night and started playing a bit last night. I figure another playthrough will keep me busy until MD goes on sale. The last time I played the game was on PS3 in 2012, so seeing everything on the highest graphics settings is really nice.

Besides boss fight changes, did the Director's Cut do anything else to the game? I only only vanilla but is there any reason to upgrade?

It also inserts The Missing Link DLC campaign into the main campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom