• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ozium:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

beast blaster -- MB-CC0B237C94884247 - Taken by rainking187
Warhammer Quest -- MB-088F46BBC1B62E5F - Taken by gurm3n
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-BF08631BA0A84FFC - Taken by dimmer
t1cxE6r.gif
Blockstorm -- MB-1E170B4383ADE743 - Taken by Spring-Loaded
Orb Chambers -- MB-13F139B009E823D4 - Taken by ussjtrunks
Knights of Pen and Paper -- MB-A075B20DD4559F2A - Taken by Goldensun_it
evil maze -- MB-50F8A058D621A545 - Taken by Kifimbo
Trinium Wars starter pakc -- MB-361854F0660D1AC4 - Taken by Kagemusha
Poof -- MB-97C09B9E04F46245 - Taken by voodooray
xheRJRF.gif
Postal -- MB-C8C5F60DC471500B - Taken by dimmer
xheRJRF.gif
Postal 2 -- MB-84C92497373DFEF0 - Taken by dimmer

250px-569Garbodor.png

Corpekata

Banned
Just saw on the Steam forums apparently the first God Eater is 60 FPS too. I was wary, thinking it was just 2 since when they announced it they seemed to specifically single the 2nd one out.

Nillansan

I'm playing on easy and trying to go for a more action route, and I still gotta play this like it's Rainbow Six vegas or something.

I played it on the hardest difficulty and went the no augmentations, ghost and non-lethal route. Not sure if it makes for a better experience, but it certainly felt really intense at times which worked well with the overall oppressive atmosphere. It's a shame that it was somewhat brought down by the fetch quests.

Nillansan

I replayed original HR and had a great time. Just make sure to upgrade Typhoon and carry a bit of ammo for it at all times and you will have no issies with any bosses.

I also played through the original release (which still seems to be the best way to experience Human Revolution despite the changes introduced in Director's Cut) and The Missing Link. I went the non-lethal and ghost route and didn't upgrade Typhoon, while Typhoon probably makes it easier, I didn't have much trouble dealing with the boss encounters. I also honestly think that the boss battles were fine, I expected much worse given the criticism leveled at them.

Jawmuncher

I played it on the hardest difficulty and went the no augmentations, ghost and non-lethal route. Not sure if it makes for a better experience, but it certainly felt really intense at times which worked well with the overall oppressive atmosphere. It's a shame that it was somewhat brought down by the fetch quests.

I just finished. Wasn't bad overall but yeah running back and forth for a DLC is a bit odd.
Was still surprised how much I had to sneak around even when going for action, but I didn't run into too many issues.

Messiah

Just saw on the Steam forums apparently the first God Eater is 60 FPS too. I was wary, thinking it was just 2 since when they announced it they seemed to specifically single the 2nd one out.
Great news, figured they ran into problems with it and left it at 30fps after they only confirmed 60fps for GE2. Looking forward to playing them.

Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why
An old video but one that'll interest those that hadn't watched it yet.

The fact that I still can't bring myself to finish the game tells something. Worst Fallout of all.

Good news. And now I'm tempted.

Mivey

The fact that I still can't bring myself to finish the game tells something. Worst Fallout of all.
I actually did. And then the game told me my protagonist got better and there is more shit to do (I was playing the """""GOTY""""" version, so all the DLC was included)
I remember screaming and falling into a rage. When I woke up, (after I cleaned the monitor from all the blood), I saw that it was already uninstalled.

mp1990

Banned
This is great news, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna skip is altogether and go straight to God Eater 2, which should be considerably more populated. It wasn't very wise of them to release both in the same date, they should've released GE1 in a prior date to prepare the ground for the sequel, as they did with the console versions.

kagamin

This is great news, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna skip is altogether and go straight to God Eater 2, which should be considered more populated. It wasn't very wise of them to release both in the same date, they should've released GE1 in a prior date to prepare the ground for the sequel, as they did with the console versions.

Both GE2RB and GER offer two different techniques, namely rage arts for the former and predator style for the latter. Also all weapon types from the former are available in the latter and some of the old aragami in Resurrection get new attacks completely or from the aragarmi in Rage Burst.

zkylon

zkylewd
why are we talking about fallout 3 again?

fallout 3 is a wonderful game because it allowed for the creation of new vegas

that's all there is to say about it

god bless that todd howard

Grief.exe

Vanishing of Ethan Carter is soooo pretty. One of the most beautiful games I've seen. Also has more creepy/unsettling atmosphere than I expected (getting Amnesia flashbacks in some places).

Those shots are gorgeous, should try it without the Chromatic Aberration though.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Anyone with a spare Shantae and the Pirate's Curse key from the March Humble Bundle? I'll pay $2-ish for it. PM me, thanks!

Tellaerin

Absolutelydisgusting.png

If you liked Fallout 3 or 4 more than New Vegas, you're wrong.

3 was more atmospheric and immersive. I really enjoyed wandering through the ruins of the old world, reading old logs, trying to piece together a picture of what things had been like before the bombs dropped. NV just didn't feel like it took its backstory as seriously - I didn't like the more overtly tongue-in-cheek feel I got from some of the lore, which is something I wasn't too keen on in 1 and 2 either. People go on about the characters in NV, but that experience of being a lone explorer in 3, spending a lot of my time in the irradiated ruins with just my PipBoy radio for company, feeling that sense of isolation... that made the game for me. Could never get the same feeling wandering the deserts of New Vegas.

3 was more atmospheric and immersive. I really enjoyed wandering through the ruins of the old world, reading old logs, trying to piece together a picture of what things had been like before the bombs dropped. NV just didn't feel like it took its backstory as seriously - I didn't like the more overtly tongue-in-cheek feel I got from some of the lore, which is something I wasn't too keen on in 1 and 2 either. People go on about the characters in NV, but that experience of being a lone explorer in 3, spending a lot of my time in the irradiated ruins with just my PipBoy radio for company, feeling that sense of isolation... that made the game for me. Could never get the same feeling wandering the deserts of New Vegas.

Fallout never took itself too seriously. So the people who liked 1 and 2 will generally prefer NV. I agree that 3 was more atmospheric, but NV was the better story for me.

Also it had Cass.

What's the real-life equivalent of cazadors?

Japanese hornets, maybe?

I can't think of any class of enemies more terrifying than cazadors. It's like Obsidian knew what they were doing when they designed them to inflict you, the player, with terror before killing the player's avatar. How many enemies really do that?

Flandy

as a stoner I can confirm that it is
What it's like when you're not stoned
Oh that's a nice surprise especially since it was a PSP game originally. Wouldn't have expected 60

Jawmuncher

Prince of Persia 08 still looks pretty good. Still say the simplified combat and platforming hurts it though compared to the sands of time trilogy

DasFool

Vanishing of Ethan Carter is soooo pretty. One of the most beautiful games I've seen. Also has more creepy/unsettling atmosphere than I expected (getting Amnesia flashbacks in some places).

Yeah, I played through this game recently and it's one of the few to make me take a million screenshots as I went through it. Quite a looker, especially with the UE4 update.

Yo CanadaSteamGAF, is there anyone here who could get me Attack on Titan on Steam ? I give you the money upfront on Paypal and you get me the game. It's like 10€ cheaper in Canada, and I wouldn't spit on it.

Pixieking

Banned
can someone give me the run down on the *moderate* amount of hype for The Turing Test?

I see it was made by teh folks that made Pneuma breath of life, which was OK and seeing that doesn't exactly make me want to get the turing test until it's on a deep discount

It seems to be like The Talos Experience and Portal 1 and 2 in that it uses puzzles to guide the player through a narrative, with a (big?) reveal at the end. It's apparently got some good world-building in and the puzzles are generally good but hard.

I'm hyped because there's few games like Talos and Portal - sci-fi puzzle fps - and they're some of my favourite games ever, so if it's even vaguely as good as them, it'll be worth playing. £10 from GMG is the cheapest I've seen, though, and with only a couple of reviews out, I'm still not sure.

A review from a site I've never heard of.

Edit: Whoa, just read about the NMS refunds issue... Wonder if the whole debunked "Servers are wiped every two weeks" was just the last straw for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom