• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backlogger

So how many here are jumping on the NMS refund bandwagon? I'm kind of on the fence now. Worried that if enough people are doing it Hello Games may just throw up their hands and abandon development and fixes. Kind of feel like going for it and then just buying it again later down the road if they get it in a much better state.

Sarcasm

So how many here are jumping on the NMS refund bandwagon? I'm kind of on the fence now. Worried that if enough people are doing it Hello Games may just throw up their hands and abandon development and fixes. Kind of feel like going for it and then just buying it again later down the road if they get it in a much better state.

I ain't, but I didn't go in with all that hype either though.

What's the real-life equivalent of cazadors?

_50883734_maldonado466.jpg

Monooboe

So I'm kind of wanting to give Crusader Kings II a go, but I've never been as imitated by a game. Those of you who play it, is it as hard to get into as it looks?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Warhammer Quest -- MB-F9E23F132F3BDD0C - Taken by ExoSoul
Deranged Rabbits -- MB-944C4E16775CB8B8 - Taken by dimmer

So I'm kind of wanting to give Crusader Kings II a go, but I've never been as imitated by a game. Those of you who play it, is it as hard to get into as it looks?

Personally, I'd say CK2 is actually pretty easy to get in to because it's not so much about "winning" so much as it is just playing and letting things unfold. Half the fun is seeing how your dynasty falls because of, say, an ill-planned arranged marriage 100 years prior. The most immediately formidable aspect will be the UI, which actually becomes quite familiar after a while, and everything else will be learned in due time.

The best advice I can give to get into it, beyond tutorial videos on YouTube or whatnot, is to start in Ireland--a relatively isolated and simple region in terms of political shenanigans--which will give you a good jumping off point for the basics; namely, ruling, succession, army management & conquest, diplomacy, managing your court and realm, etc, etc, etc. The more complicated rulesets, like being any of the DLC rulers, are something you can learn the specifics of later on, if you're so inclined. (And yes, the expansion DLCs are uniformly worthwhile, but don't feel obligated to buy them all right away--they'll be on sale eventually! Especially since you can only play so many different kinds of rulers at once.)

The bottom line is: if you have any interest in CK2, don't hesitate to jump in; there's nothing else like it and it is immensely rewarding if you can dig it. And don't be afraid of your own mistakes while playing--misfortune is a core part of the game.

What's the real-life equivalent of cazadors?

I've solved it.
RXF3rF6.gif

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Fuck Hello Games. They'll do whatever, as they've proven. Go get your money back.

#SupportDCFilms

Monooboe

The bottom line is: if you have any interest in CK2, don't hesitate to jump in; there's nothing else like it and it is immensely rewarding if you can dig it. And don't be afraid of your own mistakes while playing--misfortune is a core part of the game.

You have convinced me, I was worried both about missing out on the shit ton of DLC but will wait on that and then I was worried about doing any misstakes but since that's actually rewarding I will probably experiment more and not try and play "correct".

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Is there any indication that the game will actually receive significant content updates, aside from Sean later backpeddling somewhat from his comment that there'd only be free DLC? Recent history hasn't exactly portrayed him as a reliable spokesperson, so, if not, playing it safe would be to operate under the assumption that there won't be any.

hamchan

When you refund and get your money back then you won't have to worry about their future development and fixes. They've already proven themselves untrustworthy anyways, so the safest thing to do is not to expect anything from them.

You have convinced me, I was worried both about missing out on the shit ton of DLC but will wait on that and then I was worried about doing any misstakes but since that's actually rewarding I will probably experiment more and not try and play "correct".
I should mention, there's a Paradox Grand Strategy thread that that kinda covers all of their titles, both news and discussion. So, if you have any questions about CK2, or in general, that would be your best bet.

SteamGAF tends to move too fast for niche-oriented questions, I find.
Is there any indication that the game will actually receive significant content updates, aside from Sean later backpeddling somewhat from his comment that there'd only be free DLC? Recent history hasn't exactly portrayed him as a reliable spokesperson, so, if not, playing it safe would be to operate under the assumption that there won't be any.

This is a good question.

For some reason, I subconsciously lump NMS into the Terraria/Minecraft/Starbound "updated forever" category and I'm not sure why. I guess I consider it a genre thing for building/crafting games.

I would like to think that there would be, but they have been pretty silent on some pretty.... interesting.... bugs people have been getting.

While people are free to get refunds, I think it's really shitty to be taking advantage of Steam's very clear 2-week/certain amount of time refund period.

kagamin

Yes, Project Diva is one of Sega's tightest playing franchises, the gameplay is great and unmatched as far as accessibility and ease of playability, thankfully you don't have to be a god to play it like Bemani at high level lol.

yuraya

That NMS refund thread is crazy as hell. I think this might just be the most hated game in the history of GAF. Also interesting to read how many PS4 users are having issues with crashing. You would think devs would put more effort into the console version with the metal coding and treating of pc gamers as an afterthought. I guess not.

dex3108

That NMS refund thread is crazy as hell. I think this might just be the most hated game in the history of GAF. Also interesting to read how many PS4 users are having issues with crashing. You would think devs would put more effort into the console version with the metal coding and treating of pc gamers as an afterthought. I guess not.

They are 11 people studio, give them a break.

What do you do about the crashing in Hitman? Up to the third mission and whenever I walk into the meeting as an undercover camera man it freezes and forces a restart. I then get 20 seconds before it does it again. Had no issues with other missions which makes me think it's not an issue on my end.

yuraya

They are 11 people studio, give them a break.

You can't just charge people 60$ for a game and say give me a break lol. I do agree they deserve some slack but they should have just delayed the game some more. Its just crazy reading all the issues with the PS4 version. Especially when you consider all the times they showcased the game at Sony events.

dex3108

You can't just charge people 60$ for a game and say give me a break lol. I do agree they deserve some slack but they should have just delayed the game some more. Its just crazy reading all the issues with the PS4 version. Especially when you consider all the times they showcased the game at Sony events.

I was sarcastic :D I just wonder how game passed certification on PS4 when crashes are so common.

Wow, that NMS refund thread is something ..
I'm not sure why you bother HP_Wuvcraft; there's no getting between gamers when they get to have their cake and eat it too.

I was sarcastic :D I just wonder how game passed certification on PS4 when crashes are so common.
As far as I know, all certification does is check that the game does not kill off consoles, and perhaps that it uses the services correctly. It's not a quality check, as such.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

K7GXagI.png

Mystery Game -- MB-9E41914EF8CDD080 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 52 entrants total.
this is a giveaway you will not want to have myst

t1472418456z1.png

Addnan

Apparently I only have episode 1+2 of Cognition on Steam. How do I get 3+4? Doesn't seem to be an option, just says I already own the game

or if anyone has old indie bundle keys they could sell for cheap..

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Apparently I only have episode 1+2 of Cognition on Steam. How do I get 3+4? Doesn't seem to be an option, just says I already own the game

You may find that you actually have 3 and 4, just not the corresponding DLC apps, which are effectively blank and don't have any data themselves. Click steam://open/console and then type in licenses_for_app 242780. What's the package id?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom