• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

just beat mankind divided on hard without setting off any alarms or killing anyone

now to play again and go on a killing spree :)

abracadaver

I just don't get Killing Floor 2 (and 1)

I loved the Horde mode in Gears 3 and thought this would be a whole game around that mode but there are only like 5 different enemies. Every wave feels the same. Whenever there is a boss fight (wave 11) it's always the same crazy german doctor. This game is so repetitive what is even the goal in the game? Just to repeat the same waves over and over again?

The full version comes out in a few weeks will there be more to it?

Addnan

You may find that you actually have 3 and 4, just not the corresponding DLC apps, which are effectively blank and don't have any data themselves. Click steam://open/console and then type in licenses_for_app 242780. What's the package id?

This comes up

] licenses_for_app 242780
License packageID 31248:
- State : Active( flags 512 ) - Purchased : Fri Sep 20 16:12:46 2013 in "GB", CD Key
- Apps : 242780, 254420, 316670, (3 in total)
- Depots : 242781, 242782, 242789, 242790, (4 in total)
License packageID 31250:
- State : Active( flags 512 ) - Purchased : Thu Dec 05 14:35:36 2013 in "GB", CD Key
- Apps : 242780, 254421, 316670, (3 in total)
- Depots : 242783, 242784, 242789, 242790, (4 in total)

Anteater

nfs most wanted is a really fun game, I'm actually enjoying it so far, it's like a mix of nfs and burnout paradise (which I didn't actually like), I didn't think I'd like it because of the open world but I think the city is well designed and I liked most of the races and routes, what I don't like is that some races are sorta repeats with a different car but the game makes it easy for you to access those races from the UI if you've already done them.

game looks really cool in motion too, just like nfs hot pursuit, but too bad it doesn't have a photo mode

nfs13_2016_08_28_15_4rdsrz.jpg
nfs13_2016_08_28_17_0qmssg.jpg

nfs13_2016_08_28_17_2pjsc7.jpg
nfs13_2016_08_28_17_36yso9.jpg

I loved the Horde mode in Gears 3 and thought this would be a whole game around that mode but there are only like 5 different enemies. Every wave feels the same. Whenever there is a boss fight (wave 11) it's always the same crazy german doctor. This game is so repetitive what is even the goal in the game? Just to repeat the same waves over and over again?

Nope. Its survival. Though the devs always have new content and enemies during special holidays.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This comes up

] licenses_for_app 242780
License packageID 31248:
- State : Active( flags 512 ) - Purchased : Fri Sep 20 16:12:46 2013 in "GB", CD Key
- Apps : 242780, 254420, 316670, (3 in total)
- Depots : 242781, 242782, 242789, 242790, (4 in total)
License packageID 31250:
- State : Active( flags 512 ) - Purchased : Thu Dec 05 14:35:36 2013 in "GB", CD Key
- Apps : 242780, 254421, 316670, (3 in total)
- Depots : 242783, 242784, 242789, 242790, (4 in total)

Ah, yeah, that's just the first two episodes. There was a discount on the whole season to account for your situation, but Phoenix attached an expiration date because reasons, so the best you can do is disable your current licences and wait for a sale.

Lain

So how many here are jumping on the NMS refund bandwagon? I'm kind of on the fence now. Worried that if enough people are doing it Hello Games may just throw up their hands and abandon development and fixes. Kind of feel like going for it and then just buying it again later down the road if they get it in a much better state.

I'd refund it but I got it as a gift purchase and it'd be annoying. Hello Games won this battle, but it's unlikely I'll ever get another one of their releases.

Parsnip

If it's Unity, try starting the controller after it launches. Unity games + One controllers are fucked in general, and it got worse with the Win 10 AU, but starting the controller after launch solves it in all the problem games I've tried.

A proper fix for this is probably coming in next cumulative patch tuesday, possibly even on the 30th.

derExperte

Battleborn on consoles down to 5€ in Germany.

The waves aren't the same, it's about the random mix of enemies (there are more than 5 and they get new abilities in higher difficulties) which can fuck you up fast when playing too carelessly, movement through the levels, the economy (when do I buy weapons and armor, do I preserve ammo but risk getting mauled), mastering classes (lots of small tricks and tactics to learn), perks (you can change them during waves) and team composition (classes and skill level). I assume you haven't played much and only on normal, there it might look like a simple game but that's deceiving, even on hard one or two dudes not knowing what they're doing can be the end. Also I find the core gameplay to be fun enough to cover for any repetition. Plus the banter never gets old.

Two bosses btw, they added Patriarch from KF1 a while ago. Another one or two couldn't hurt though.

abracadaver

The waves aren't the same, it's about the random mix of enemies (there are more than 5 and they get new abilities in higher difficulties) which can fuck you up fast when playing too carelessly, movement through the levels, the economy (when do I buy weapons and armor, do I preserve ammo but risk getting mauled), mastering classes (lots of small tricks and tactics to learn), perks (you can change them during waves) and team composition (classes and skill level). I assume you haven't played much and only on normal, there it might look like a simple game but that's deceiving, even on hard one or two dudes not knowing what they're doing can be the end. Also I find the core gameplay to be fun enough to cover for any repetition. Plus the banter never gets old.

Two bosses btw, they added Patriarch from KF1 a while ago. Another one or two couldn't hurt though.

Yes I played 4 hours so far and only on normal. I don't know how to unlock perks though. When do you get them? Will give the game another go tonight.

Ludens

Banned
I logged into my Indiegamestand account and saw this, I don't know if the key is used (I got the game from Gleam, so I never used this key anyway, but dunno, better safe than sorry), but I never bought the game that's for sure, so I don't know why it's here:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Redactem -- MB-CC9CA274517CC270 - Taken by bobnowhere

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

HotLead -- MB-ACBDB348E8C58832 - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
Melissa K. and the Heart of Gold -- MB-6E7A70EB92BA5CC2 - Taken by Ucchedavāda. 2 entrants total.
Outlast -- MB-4819B4A3C5FBA2E9 - Taken by creamsugar. 5 entrants total.
Timberman -- MB-EC027B7CD326E449 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

t1472391373z1.png

derExperte

Yes I played 4 hours so far and only on normal. I don't know how to unlock perks though. When do you get them? Will give the game another go tonight.

When leveling up a class to 5/10/15/20/25, check what has to be done on the select screen but it's basically using the main weapons of that class. I concede that there's grind but you can level up about once per long game (10 waves) on normal and it's extremely helpful to learn the levels and the basics of the class (stick to one, Firebug and Support are good for starters, SWAT is easy too). You can try jumping into hard games but don't go higher or you'll get kicked.

xist

My "slight" gaming OCD is really killing me....I can only really play one game at a time with any concentration, and I have to get some of the achievements/challenges. I'm not great at Door Kickers and it's kicking me in the balls getting 3 stars for every level. I'm going nowhere near the Iron Man challenge or I'll never finish playing!

Kudo

After countless of recommendations by friends I splurged and bought DOOM, here's hoping it's worth all the high praise.

Tizoc

Welp I'm in Mission 13 of Mankind Divided. Once I beat it I'll wait for S-E to fix the glitches and then I'll beat it.
Got God Eater and Castlevania LoS to tide the time til then.

Parsnip

This Tuesday is the 30th though.

I know.
But not every tuesday is a patch tuesday.
Next one could be on the 6th, or even later.

Normally they come around once a month, but after AU they have been every week.
But I can't predict the future, so the next one might possibly be on the 30th.

Free Withering Kingdom Flurry of Arrows steam key:
https://gleam.io/qcTKo/withering-kingdom-flurry-of-arrows
Ah, Digital Homicide LLC seem to have changed publishers again to R. Romine.

Also, this only came out like two days ago (although it is practically identical to a similarly titled game). Still, my Digital Homicide collection remains incomplete (I'm missing Dungeons Of Kragmor)
Don't worry; no money spent, no cards bought or sold...some people say the ethical thing to do is turn the cards into gems

Ah, Digital Homicide LLC seem to have changed publishers again to R. Romine.

Also, this only came out like two days ago (although it is practically identical to a similarly titled game). Still, my Digital Homicide collection remains incomplete (I'm missing Dungeons Of Kragmor)
Don't worry; no money spent, no cards bought or sold...some people say the ethical thing to do is turn the cards into gems

That's the only one I'm missing as well. They must be holding that one back due to it's quality. /s

Lime

Is there a way to allow for the same possible features while playing a game in Big Picture mode? I.e. when I boot up a game I have to quit the game in order to access the normal features, like the store, library, community hub, even the settings for Steam.

Welp I'm in Mission 13 of Mankind Divided. Once I beat it I'll wait for S-E to fix the glitches and then I'll beat it.
Got God Eater and Castlevania LoS to tide the time til then.

Are you talking about the mission 14 glitch? Does it actually happen to everyone?

I'm still halfway there but I'm starting to feel concerned.

Ludens

Banned
Yeah, the DR game drop in price so often they pribwbly just didn't want bother. Hell I think during the capcom sale you could have gotten all 3 for under 40.
I mean on launch: Triple Pack is 50€ on console, it would be nice if people can get DR1 for 10€ on PC.

Xanathus

Meh, I missed that Idlemaster glitch. Explains why a certain GAFfer on my friend list was spamming my overlay notifications with different games every second.

Jawmuncher

I mean on launch: Triple Pack is 50€ on console, it would be nice if people can get DR1 for 10€ on PC.

Doubt it. Since as was said the games have gone cheaper on PC already. Yes even if they did, I doubt they would give it back to people who already own the others. Since it would screw everyone that has preordered it right now.

fantomena

My PC is ready for the Vive, but not my wallet. It costs so goddamn much. I mean, it costs like about 1024 euros/1147 usd. So much more cheaper in the US. :( I really hope there will be a sale soon or a price drop here. Ive just read/heard about a few people who have bought it.

J5RcMZM.png

Ozium

Yeah derExperte was the guy spamming my notifications lol. So do I just set idling behavior to idle each game individually, then change the games 1 by 1?

yes and then you click through them fast by hitting the next button

I think it helps if they've all been idled for 2 hours though

how did you miss it when it still works?

I can't get it to work anymore, though it seems to work for at least 2 regulars, they are constantly changing games every 5 seconds or so. Really need to turn that notification off!

Edit: Working again, getting cards every 5 seconds now!

Lunaniem

I can't get it to work anymore, though it seems to work for at least 2 regulars, they are constantly changing games every 5 seconds or so. Really need to turn that notification off!

It wasn't working for me last night and it's weirdly working for me again this morning.

Remember to go offline on your friends list if you don't want people to hate you while doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom