• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Ucchedavāda;215257057 said:
Doesn't work for me either (Chrome desktop and mobile).

Thanks for the info. I have reported the bug to Firefox, since it seems like a frequent bug: this is a thread in 2015 and the bug was resolved. I imagine Chrome will resolve that bug as well.

Pixieking

Banned
To update people on The Turing Test (I see no OT where this would be better placed)...

header.jpg

There's now 3 Critic reviews and one Contributor review on the OpenCritic page. It seems like it's a good fps puzzle game (80%+ score) that has more in common with The Talos Principle than Portal, though it's not amazingly long (6 hours-ish), and not much replayability (assuming you find all the optional puzzles on the first playthrough).

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Is there a way to allow for the same possible features while playing a game in Big Picture mode? I.e. when I boot up a game I have to quit the game in order to access the normal features, like the store, library, community hub, even the settings for Steam.

Supposedly the Home button on the Xbox controller should accomplish that, but it didn't seem to be working for me either. Didn't seem to want to let me change it either.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
To update people on The Turing Test (I see no OP where this would be better placed)...

header.jpg

There's now 3 Critic reviews and one Contributor review on the OpenCritic page. It seems like it's a good fps puzzle game (80%+ score) that has more in common with The Talos Principle than Portal, though it's not amazingly long (6 hours-ish), and not much replayability (assuming you find all the optional puzzles on the first playthrough).

An indie game with a pre-load. What a rare sight.

Edit: I hope Shadow Warrior 2 is actually releasing next month as it's currently set to unlock somewhere between the 8th and 14th of October.

Arthea

I tried to trigger that idlemaster glitch yesterday and today (many times), didn't work even once.
just my luck, I get to experience every single one negative glitch and bug in existence, but if it's something that I could benefit of or want, nope, no way.
I wonder is there something particular that triggers it? It seems there are many people that don't get it and many that do.

It could be the 2-hour punishment: people who refund a lot cannot get any card before the 2-hour mark.

I don't need to wait 2 hours, though. Maybe that's why it doesn't work

Wok

I wonder is there something particular that triggers it? It seems there are many people that don't get it and many that do.

It could be the 2-hour punishment: people who refund a lot cannot get any card before the 2-hour mark.

Edit: It works for me. I have just downloaded Idle Master again and already got 4 cards.

Got it to work once, got a single card from every game that was over 2 hours already, 54. As soon as it got to one under 2 hours it stopped working and won't re-glitch again.

Lime

Supposedly the Home button on the Xbox controller should accomplish that, but it didn't seem to be working for me either. Didn't seem to want to let me change it either.

The home button just activates the pause screen with these three options: return to game, open keyboard, and exit game. Then I can either use the bumpers to go to the web or friends but otherwise no settings, no library, no community hub, no nothing

Xanathus

Got it to work once, got a single card from every game that was over 2 hours already, 54. As soon as it got to one under 2 hours it stopped working and won't re-glitch again.

It looks like it only works for games above the 2 hour mark so you have to idle the ones below 2 hours altogether. Idlemaster does it automatically on default settings.

Ludens

Banned
The fact The Turing Test is made by Pneuma guys is not too exciting for me, Pneuma had some obtuse puzzles, and others were frustrating.

Wok

It looks like it only works for games above the 2 hour mark so you have to idle the ones below 2 hours altogether. Idlemaster does it automatically on default settings.

Yep, it only worked once and only for games above the 2 hour mark.

I have it setup so so it idles those above 2 hours first one at a time and then those under 2 hours together. Managed to get my card queue down from over 300 to under 200 with the glitch at least!

Grief.exe

It appears that functionality is in Patreon reward tiers.

Genius.

We should get a GAF pot going to donate to Patreon in order to unlock that data as a group. While we're at it, we should lump a percentage into Steamdb/Enhanced Steam. We take advantage of those services quite regularly.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
The home button just activates the pause screen with these three options: return to game, open keyboard, and exit game. Then I can either use the bumpers to go to the web or friends but otherwise no settings, no library, no community hub, no nothing

I just messed around with it for a bit and it seems like the answer is 'no, you can't access any of the normal features while a game is launched.' At least not via the home button. Hitting escape seemed to get me back to the normal big picture overlay though?

I don't use it enough to give you a better answer, and it doesn't seem like it's laid out in a way for you to get back to the main overlay in an intuitive manner.

Deques

For those who get the card drop glitch to work
Have any of you refunded any game before? I am getting mixed answers that you either have idled 2 hours or not having idled at all

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Better than NMS -- MB-C22FBD5E7E8F2C27 - Taken by Grief.exe

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bad Rats?

Jawmuncher

PC wasn't missing out on never getting the Epilouge DLC for Prince of Persia 2008. It doesn't add anything to the cliffhanger the original game had at all besides adding another.

Grief.exe

Bad Rats?

My extreme outside hopes for Elite Dangerous: Horizons were instantly dashed

cmrJMeU.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Duke Nukem Forever -- MB-6816FC4AF1425C12 - Taken by Jawmuncher. 1 entrants total.
Octodad Dadliest Catch -- MB-03408CB56F5F58E8 - Taken by Zeeman. 6 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-2AF3FACC09276F1B - Taken by PaulSane. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Payday 2 -- MB-A767546241B8CFFD - Taken by Nzyme32. 11 entrants total.
Spelunky -- MB-C2904FDB286892EB - Taken by GhostTrick. 1 entrants total.
Grim Fandango -- MB-A8194C9EAB2BA9B9 - Taken by KenOD. 8 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops The Line -- MB-294CD017A788BE71 - Taken by hannes. 2 entrants total.
Outland -- MB-A988971ABBE6AAC4 - Taken by dimmer. 2 entrants total.
Rust -- MB-A5EAA60B09E4A929 - Taken by longlivegaming. 11 entrants total.

t1472408518z1.png

Wok

I have refunded maybe 5 games and I got the glitch to work on games that I had already played more than 2 hours (and only on these games).

WhiteWolf

Has anyone had a chance to play a demo or heard anything about Mother Russia Bleeds? The trailer looks amazing and I am debating preordering for the 10% discount.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
For those who get the card drop glitch to work
Have any of you refunded any game before? I am getting mixed answers that you either have idled 2 hours or not having idled at all

For what it's worth - I've never refunded a game but I'm still not able to activate the glitch on games with less than two hours of playtime. I can idle games individually, regularly, and they drop cards at regular intervals (every 30 minutes or so for one card) and that still works fine.

I have like 500 cards left to get but I don't know if I'll bother or not.

Kudo

Just tried out DOOM and it definitely seems good, diving into it once I finish Deus Ex. Getting +90FPS on Ultra 1440p which sounds good to my ears.
Is there some difficulty level people prefer it on or should I just go with Hurt Me Plenty? Friend said it's best at Nightmare but it kinda sounds like it's for more veteran players.

Arthea

For what it's worth - I've never refunded a game but I'm still not able to activate the glitch on games with less than two hours of playtime. I can idle games individually, regularly, and they drop cards at regular intervals (every 30 minutes or so for one card) and that still works fine.

oh that explains why I can't get it work, I never refunded a game, meaning no games with card drops that are 2 hours played, cuz in two hours I get the cards in many cases.
Oh well, not really worth the fuss for me then, after all there is no guarantee it'll work with two hours idled.

Just tried out DOOM and it definitely seems good, diving into it once I finish Deus Ex. Getting +90FPS on Ultra 1440p which sounds good to my ears.
Is there some difficulty level people prefer it on or should I just go with Hurt Me Plenty? Friend said it's best at Nightmare but it kinda sounds like it's for more veteran players.

Ultra Violence. Nightmare is too difficult for non-veteran players to be honest.

Fuck Bethesda. Prey 2: Never Forget

I think you're right. I was getting drops on 2+ hour games but only one or two cards for the other >1 hour playtime games.

I've also noticed that around sale periods or times when I've bought a lot of games, Steam waits for that 2 hour mark to drop your cards. I've never gotten a refund so eventually it goes back to normal.

To update people on The Turing Test (I see no OT where this would be better placed)...

header.jpg

Puzzle games have to earn being longer than 6 hours for me anyway, so that sounds pretty good.

Anteater

PC wasn't missing out on never getting the Epilouge DLC for Prince of Persia 2008. It doesn't add anything to the cliffhanger the original game had at all besides adding another.

I can't believe just how automated that game is, I mean I don't mind it but it's basically like several actions/QTE-like for combat and holding down buttons for platforming, even though they masked it really good, it's actually worse than ass creed overall, I'm just surprised that game didn't actually get more hate on gaf

header.jpg

Still on my radar, appreciate it. Will probably get this, N++ and Dead Rising.

I can't believe just how automated that game is, I mean I don't mind it but it's basically like several actions for combat and holding down buttons for platforming, even though they masked it really good, it's actually worse than ass creed overall, I'm just surprised that game didn't actually get more hate on gaf

Gen 7 was a hell of a drug back then.

venomenon

For what it's worth - I've never refunded a game but I'm still not able to activate the glitch on games with less than two hours of playtime.
Same here.

Just tried it for a couple of minutes with eligible games, dropped 80 cards, but putting so many up for sale is just too much of a hassle. Still have several hundreds left...
With the 2 hour period being respected, this is probably not of highest priority for Valve to fix, I guess?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
RE: "The Turing Test was made by the same people who made Pneuma"

The Talos Principle was made by the same people who made Serious Sam

Deques

Bah, I don't want to idle 2 hours before trying the glitch again. I guess I have to do the mortal way

Tomasety

Same here.

With the 2 hour period being respected, this is probably not of highest priority for Valve to fix, I guess?

That's what I thought at the beginning, but somebody told me you can get drops before 2 hour period although it's not reliable.
Having that in mind, I guess it should be a top priority for Valve.

Xanathus

You can just idle all the games at the same time for 2 hours, then you do the glitch. I notice you only get some of the cards each pass so you'll have to loop through starting all of the games a few times but each game only has like 3-5 cards so it's not that many.

Deques

You can just idle all the games at the same time for 2 hours, then you do the glitch. I notice you only get some of the cards each pass so you'll have to loop through starting all of the games a few times but each game only has like 3-5 cards so it's not that many.

Telling the creator of IdleM@ster how to idle games? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom