• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Battlefield 1 open beta on the Sept 1st

Halo Forge on Sept 8th

Recore on Sept 13th

FIFA 17 on Sept 27th

Forza Horizon 3 on Sept 27th

______

So are you guys ready to abandon your Steam accounts to venture into the outside world of Origin and Windows 10?
Never.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 - September 15th (Steam Early Access)

venomenon

So are you guys ready to abandon your Steam accounts to venture into the outside world of Origin and Windows 10?
Not gonna happen.
Well, maybe for FIFA, but ever since my club stopped being in it, my interest decreased gradually.

Doesn't look like there's an interesting September release for me besides Steins;Gate. Unless you count Mankind Divided which I'll only continue playing when my new rig arrives.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
i can't hear everyone pulling my leg claiming the draw was rigged over the sound of robyn miller's awesome obduction soundtrack ;_;

kagamin

Halo Forge on Sept 8th

Recore on Sept 13th

FIFA 17 on Sept 27th

______

I mean at least I acknowledge I have Origin installed on my computer by having a shortcut for it on my desktop, Uplay is hidden somewhere so hopefully no one can find it.

Uzzy

Maybe when something worthwhile is released there. Except for Origin, which would cause my computer to burst into flames if it was installed.

Teggy

Halo Forge on Sept 8th

Recore on Sept 13th

FIFA 17 on Sept 27th

______

The only one I am bothering with is Recore because it turned out basically $25 from the MS store
for Xbox one
. Previews haven't been great but for that price it seemed worth a shot. Battlefield will probably be fun but I prefer variety these days instead of sinking tons of hours into MP games.

I'm quite open to it once my Steam credit is used up. After that I'll shop more freely at GOG and Uplay too, but I've got a big enough backlog and GabeBucks so Steam still gets my attention first. Windows store would have to have a heck of a deal to grab me though, like those sales with apps for 10 cents a pop.

Halo Forge on Sept 8th

Recore on Sept 13th

FIFA 17 on Sept 27th

______

Idk I don't see anything on that list that would stop me from playing my Steam backlog instead.

yuraya

The only one I am bothering with is Recore because it turned out basically $25 from the MS store
for Xbox one
. Previews haven't been great but for that price it seemed worth a shot. Battlefield will probably be fun but I prefer variety these days instead of sinking tons of hours into MP games.

Recore is the one on that list that is definitely getting a Steam release. Probably before the end of the year. It does look to be a fun game. Comparisons to Mega Man and Zelda are always a good thing.

I mean at least I acknowledge I have Origin installed on my computer by having a shortcut for it on my desktop, Uplay is hidden somewhere so hopefully no one can find it.

Uplay does need to step it up. Its nice of them to do those free anniversary giveaways but they need to do more to push that platform. Maybe do like a big AssCreed Humble bundle or something.

I spend like 10x more time with Origin and GOG than I do Uplay. Heck I've even spent more time with the Xbox app and Epic launcher recently than Uplay despite those platforms having barely anything.

Grief.exe

Halo Forge on Sept 8th

Recore on Sept 13th

FIFA 17 on Sept 27th

______

Nah fam

AHHHHHH I ACTUALLY WON WHAAAATTTT

HHHHHH AHHHHHH

ahhHHHHH HHHHH IT WAS OBDCUTION AHHhahahhHHHHH

Entering this on the extremely slim possibility that it's Obduction, and the infinitely small possibility I win. If I win and it's Obduction this will retroactively justify having created ModBot.

Nice Stump.

i can't hear everyone pulling my leg claiming the draw was rigged over the sound of robyn miller's awesome obduction soundtrack ;_;

Rx8wIst.png

Uzzy

Is that the artwork from the forthcoming SteamGAF created game 'The Curious Case of Mr ModBot', an investigative thriller where what starts out as a simple investigation into the blatant corruption of Stumpokapow morphs into a discovery of a nascent AI in the shape of ModBot that threatens not only the future of SteamGAF, but the entire net?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Psychological horror is a go-to meme tag.

As a fan of horror, it makes shopping for horror games a nuisance since many will add horror tags to games 'for the lolz.'

Then there's the odd game that is a horror game, but for some reason doesn't get horror tags, only indie/adventure, or something.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I have independently confirmed by auditing Modbot's logs that Stump did in fact win this game fair and square and there was no tampering or shady business of any kind.

And honestly, it couldn't have gone to a better guy. Stump's love of Myst is well known. Congrats!

why is Adam Jensen giving Stump monopoly money

He explicitly asked for this (different raffle I think, but still):

Entering this on the extremely slim possibility that it's Obduction, and the infinitely small possibility I win. If I win and it's Obduction this will retroactively justify having created ModBot.
and then
AHHHHHH I ACTUALLY WON WHAAAATTTT

HHHHHH AHHHHHH

ahhHHHHH HHHHH IT WAS OBDCUTION AHHhahahhHHHHH

So ModBot was just validating its existence.

It is now sentient, having passed its mirror test. Or else it took over his mind, I guess?
As a fan of horror, it makes shopping for horror games a nuisance since many will add horror tags to games 'for the lolz.'

Then there's the odd game that is a horror game, but for some reason doesn't get horror tags, only indie/adventure, or something.

Yeah, that's a real shame. There's been a few times I've tried to use tags to "find similar" or somesuch, but it's either so broadly assigned or inconsistent that I end up not bothering.

Like Curators, it's kind of just become this background thing that informs me of the general kind of game it is while I'm on the store page. (Like the PC Port Report / 30 FPS lock thing, with tags for gameplay stuff.) And of course, for humour (meme tags, Waifu Hunter curators, etc).

SSPssp

I have independently confirmed by auditing Modbot's logs that Stump did in fact win this game fair and square and there was no tampering or shady business of any kind.

And honestly, it couldn't have gone to a better guy. Stump's love of Myst is well known. Congrats!

OMG, you're in on it too! What did he pay you!?

Knocked out some short games yesterday on the backlog:
  • The Stanley Parable
  • To the Moon

I get what The Stanley Parable was trying to do, and some of the endings/paths made me laugh a bunch, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would (even entering with an open mind).

To the Moon was beautiful, I think mostly due to the great OST. But boy, did those scientists have some terrible writing. I cringed at almost all of their dialogue. Still, I really enjoyed this one, and some dust may have gotten in my eyes.

Soulflarz

Banned

Wow the mods are working together

tsk tsk

PAUonePUNCH

Neo Member
***need a game recommendation***

Looking for something along the line of FTL. Doesn't have to be in space or anything but something similar. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom