• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I didn't think I like open world racing games because of burnout paradise, I tried playing it but never could get into it. I didn't actually like burnout paradise races, some of them feels like "drive really fast on this straight path and make a turn to point B", then you do the next race and drive back which has a similar design, yeah maybe it's just the look of the city? but I feel like the map is just well designed overall in most wanted and I was enjoying driving through it especially when I have to be creative at losing the cops.

I never played the older burnout before paradise, too bad EA don't port those old games :(

honestly idk if burnout is a good series or if the wreckage tech was just impressive at the time

i feel like if i played it today it'd feel super repetitive and boring

Fox318

Rx8wIst.png

lol

Invisible, Inc. is very good. The feeling of pulling off clutch maneuvers that saves your team is superb, and it gives you plenty of opportunities for this due to the security timer.

I really never expected the Shank people to become incredible devs, but between Mark of the Ninja and Incognita/Invisible, Inc. I think they've pulled it off.
honestly idk if burnout is a good series or if the wreckage tech was just impressive at the time

i feel like if i played it today it'd feel super repetitive and boring

Dangerous Golf asks the question: is wrecktech enough? (The answer is no.)

yuraya

lmao at the NMS disclaimer on its Steam store page.

lolol

Valve was like..

tumblr_neu57o2plf1rkaed3o1_500.gif

I wonder which game got refunded more. Arkham Knight or NMS. Quite a shit storm for both. WB were able to fix things up with Batman eventually so I hope HG does the same. I don't know if they've done it yet but they need to make a statement about supporting the game and delivering on as many of those missing features as possible. Really a bad look for their team.

kevin1025

Banned
Holy shit. No Man's Sky has fallen off the Steam top seller list entirely here in Canada. I went through 15 pages and it wasn't on there. Maybe because of the refund policy they scrubbed it until it's more stable. And that disclaimer now, woof!

Pixieking

Banned
lolol

Valve was like..

tumblr_neu57o2plf1rkaed3o1_500.gif

I wonder which game got refunded more. Arkham Knight or NMS. Quite a shit storm for both. WB were able to fix things up with Batman eventually so I hope HG does the same. I don't know if they've done it yet but they need to make a statement about supporting the game and delivering on as many of those missing features as possible. Really a bad look for their team.

It's worth bearing in mind that just because it looks like a lot of refunds from our perspective on NeoGAF, doesn't mean it actually is a lot in the wider scheme of things. I just had a look at the Steamspy owner numbers - obviously incomplete at this time, but still - and it's dropped 20,000. Shocking! Until you realise that that is still nearly 759,000 owners on Steam. Sure, it'll change a bit as Steamspy catches up, but not vastly I imagine. And that'll include "normal" refunds, where people have bought it and refunded within the standard two hours.

So, really not as much of a shitstorm as that refund thread on gaming-side would imply.

Speaking of top sellers, God Eater has been hanging out in the top 10 for quite a while and is now number 3 on the US top sellers and number 2 on the global top sellers. As long as the port is decent it seems like it might sell well.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Holy shit. No Man's Sky has fallen off the Steam top seller list entirely here in Canada. I went through 15 pages and it wasn't on there. Maybe because of the refund policy they scrubbed it until it's more stable. And that disclaimer now, woof!

"The standard Steam refund policy applies to No Man's Sky. There are no special exemptions available. Click here for more detail on the Steam refund policy."

Yikes, that's just advertising the fact that this isn't a great game.

I still think people who refunded NMS, at least some of them, should have. I saw some people in the thread who played that game for more than 20 hours and refunded it. They could have easily refunded it before the 2 hours, but from what I can see that game is actually fun at the beginning, just drags on the more you play it.

I am sure some people didnt refund it because they thought they were deceived (because actually that was clear directly at release), but because they got bored after 20 hours, finished the game and wanted to get a "free rented" game...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's worth bearing in mind that just because it looks like a lot of refunds from our perspective on NeoGAF, doesn't mean it actually is a lot in the wider scheme of things. I just had a look at the Steamspy owner numbers - obviously incomplete at this time, but still - and it's dropped 20,000. Shocking! Until you realise that that is still nearly 759,000 owners on Steam. Sure, it'll change a bit as Steamspy catches up, but not vastly I imagine. And that'll include "normal" refunds, where people have bought it and refunded within the standard two hours.

So, really not as much of a shitstorm as that refund thread on gaming-side would imply.

And regular PSN users are even less savvy to refunds one imagines, so Sean is still going

crying-money-woody-harrelson-zombieland.gif

Dont you worry

kevin1025

Banned
"The standard Steam refund policy applies to No Man's Sky. There are no special exemptions available. Click here for more detail on the Steam refund policy."

Yikes, that's just advertising the fact that this isn't a great game.

As someone who bought the PS4 version for $73 Canadian buckaroos, it makes me sad I can't jump on the refund train. But I sold it off already, and feel infinitely bad for those that ended up paying $90 on PSN or in retail.

Also, Human Revolution: Director's Cut is much longer than I thought! I never made it past the first visit to Hengsha back on Xbox 360, and now that I'm pretty sure I'm near the end, I'm surprised at the size of the game, especially with Missing Link added in there.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

The same is true of Arkham Knight. Generally, even when something is a fiasco, most owners are either a) oblivious to the controversy and enjoying themselves, or b) willing to wait for things to be fixed. I'll let people in on another secret: A lot of people liked Fable 1. Doesn't justify publishers releasing junk, doesn't justify misleading claims about game featuresets, doesn't justify the out of control hype machine. But it's also okay to have the perspective that people have a wide range of reactions to this kind of thing and they're all valid.

Rimworld continues to destroy me, one curveball at a time. This time it's due to lax security set-up causing needless deaths while defending. It all comes back to biting off more than my colony can chew in the building phase, which backlogs every other aspect of the colony (most fatally, hauling & cleaning tasks, which means future tasks take longer, and colonist happiness will take a hit as trash piles up.)

So, remember folks: if you can't do it today, don't do it at all. That way you will survive long, and prosper longer.
yeah i don't think that's a question i ever had, specially when combined with golf which isn't something i particularly care for

In spite of having golf in the title and featuring golf balls prominently, it isn't actually related to golf at all. It's a score-attack game where you see who can cause the most damage by ricocheting the golf ball around the room, with tons of zany bonuses.

It's... very strange.

Pixieking

Banned
The same is true of Arkham Knight. Generally, even when something is a fiasco, most owners are either a) oblivious to the controversy and enjoying themselves, or b) willing to wait for things to be fixed. I'll let people in on another secret: A lot of people liked Fable 1. Doesn't justify publishers releasing junk, doesn't justify misleading claims about game featuresets, doesn't justify the out of control hype machine. But it's also okay to have the perspective that people have a wide range of reactions to this kind of thing and they're all valid.

Yeah, I'm not excusing any of the misleading claims or bugginess, but people are obviously liking what they've got far more than the internet would have people think.

Edit: It's especially interesting reading some of the articles and tweets written by devs who aren't involved with Sony or HG, like Rob Fearon, Paul Kilduff-Taylor and Rami Ismail. Rob's enjoying the game immensely, for example.

Grief.exe

Elite Dangerous should take advantage of the NMS debacle and go on sale.

Especially with some interesting updates coming down the pipe, new ships, alien invaders, etc.

I just installed the base game tonight and I'm thinking of just buying Horizons full price.

oipic

Elite Dangerous should take advantage of the NMS debacle and go on sale.

I'd most likely bite on a deep discount to the 'base' Elite Dangerous, and like Grief, could see myself being drawn into splurging on Horizons, too. Still kicking myself a bit for not snapping this up when it was last on a decent sale... Euro Truck in space appeals to me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Rebel Galaxy was amazing... for the first 10 hours.

Hey, just like NMS :3

Deques

I'm holding on to my cards for now because a) I don't have the mobile authenticator in place and b) I'm waiting for the market to stabilize a bit.

Will probably get mobile auth going sometime next week then wait another week to cash out

Does the glitch still work? If it still does work I might try it now as I have some time for it now

It is amazing.

Rebel Galaxy was amazing... for the first 10 hours.

I made it about 14 before it wore me down.

Does the glitch still work? If it still does work I might try it now as I have some time for it now

Yes? No? Maybe?

I left idlemaster on overnight to first burn through the 20 games I had under 2 hours. Strangely enough I got exactly 20 cards all at once after the 2 hours was up and idlemaster then bugged out!

Rhaknar

Thats exactly about when I cheated, gave myself all the money and bought the best ship.

Then the last 4 or 5 hours were a different kind of awesome :3

kagamin

Playing Idolmaster SP Perfect Sun for the first time, simulation games are hard man, I've only been playing the rhythm game spinoffs so I didn't know!

I'm looking into upgrading my monitor when I get a 1070. I know I want 1440p but also want 144hz/gsync and probably can't afford both until I get a non shit job.

For those who've experienced both... Which would you recommend? I can always downsample on a 144hz monitor too.

Corpekata

Banned
Ucchedavāda;215316483 said:
Dumb question, but isn't that a Johnny Mnemonic reference?

Seems more likely, yes.

Though I'm not sure if it's meant to be a direct reference as much as some might be all drawing inspiration from similar wells, even if unknowingly.

the pre order mission in mankind divided is straight fucking garbage

i want a refund
I feel bad for those who bought the season pass.

The in-game items are really "one time use" to the extreme. I tried to reload a previous save to un-claim my bonus weapons, they just simply disappeared from my inventory and the inventory-storage.
I'm looking into upgrading my monitor when I get a 1070. I know I want 1440p but also want 144hz/gsync and probably can't afford both until I get a non shit job.

For those who've experienced both... Which would you recommend? I can always downsample on a 144hz monitor too.
It depends on your tolerance of the bad colors and viewing angles of TN panels. If you can't stand TN, just get a regular 1440p monitor.
Edit: I assume you were talking about 1080p 144Hz monitors.

I'm fine with a TN, another one of those not knowing how good something else is situations. I just grabbed whatever monitor happened to be on sale that weekend years ago at Best Buy when I first built this thing.

I'm fine with a TN, another one of those not knowing how good something else is situations. I just grabbed whatever monitor happened to be on sale that weekend years ago at Best Buy when I first built this thing.
There are also TN with G-Sync options like Asus PG278Q. I suggest reading reviews from TFT Central before making your purchase, there are TNs and there are bad TNs.

shockdude

It's 2016 and Steam - heck, PC in general - still needs more arcade racers.
Sure we have Driver San Francisco, Hot Pursuit, Most Wanted, and even The Crew.
But none of then come close to the crazy arcade insanity of PS2-era Burnout and Midnight Club.
At least we have Midnight Club II, which holds up today as one of the craziest and most unforgiving arcade racers ever created. I still haven't beaten it.

Tizoc

It's 2016 and Steam - heck, PC in general - still needs more arcade racers.
Sure we have Driver San Francisco, Hot Pursuit, Most Wanted, and even The Crew.
But none of then come close to the crazy arcade insanity of PS2-era Burnout and Midnight Club.
At least we have Midnight Club II, which holds up today as one of the craziest and most unforgiving arcade racers ever created. I still haven't beaten it.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is an Arcade racer too.
There's also Trackmania Turbo.
I agree that we need more arcade racers though, a shame SEGA is unable to renew the licenses for some of their older arcade racers to get re-released, not to mention Outrun 2006 @_@

Pixieking

Banned
I feel bad for those who bought the season pass.

The in-game items are really "one time use" to the extreme. I tried to reload a previous save to un-claim my bonus weapons, they just simply disappeared from my inventory and the inventory-storage.

Yeah, to be honest, the people making a song-and-dance about NMS should actually be complaining about the one-time-use issues here. Not only does it set a bad precedent, but there was no information about it prior to release. Still, Season Pass purchase will be vindicated as long as the future DLC missions are good.

Yeah, to be honest, the people making a song-and-dance about NMS should actually be complaining about the one-time-use issues here. Not only does it set a bad precedent, but there was no information about it prior to release. Still, Season Pass purchase will be vindicated as long as the future DLC missions are good.
We live in a post-Witcher 3 world now, those two story missions won't justify the 30-dollar price tag.

shockdude

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is an Arcade racer too.
There's also Trackmania Turbo.
I agree that we need more arcade racers though, a shame SEGA is unable to renew the licenses for some of their older arcade racers to get re-released, not to mention Outrun 2006 @_@
Imo Sonic and Trackmania are their own racing beasts distinct from the traditional arcade racer genre.
Sonic is a kart-racer, with kart speed and kart drifting, but it has refined arcade-like handling. Compare this with Blur, which is a straight-up arcade racer with kart-like powerups.
Trackmania is a time-attack game featuring fast cars, with emphasis on track mastery over all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom