• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
***need a game recommendation***

Looking for something along the line of FTL. Doesn't have to be in space or anything but something similar. Thanks in advance!

Roguelike-y or FTLlike-y?

There's a ton of FTL-alikes on the market now, but they all kinda pale in comparison to the tight design of FTL proper. There was a trucking one, a zombie oregon trail one, and a different trucking one. Also, I think This War of Mine and Invisible, Inc. fit, though they're a bit farther, and more distinct, than the others I've mentioned.

For Roguelikes, there's a whole world out there. One Way Heroics, ADOM, Tales of Maj'Eyal, etc. are all ones I'd recommend highly. But there's many more out there.

Ghazi

Rx8wIst.png

collusion

Corpekata

Banned
The Final Station comes out in 2 days and looks sort of FTLish on a train. There's more on foot type stuff though so probably a bit more action oriented.

Edit: Guess not, it's apparently more linear than I expected.

MUnited83

For you.
I have independently confirmed by auditing Modbot's logs that Stump did in fact win this game fair and square and there was no tampering or shady business of any kind.

And honestly, it couldn't have gone to a better guy. Stump's love of Myst is well known. Congrats!

lKVbuUf.png

mp1990

Banned
Where does the money go from there, though? We have to go further down the rabbit hole.

Both GE2RB and GER offer two different techniques, namely rage arts for the former and predator style for the latter. Also all weapon types from the former are available in the latter and some of the old aragami in Resurrection get new attacks completely or from the aragarmi in Rage Burst.
*tries really hard to make sense out of your post qithout googling any of the terms you used* oh I see

PaulSane

God Eater is already #6 (was #15) on the top sellers list in Russia, a very reasonable price being the major factor i think. And the game hasn't even been released yet, i expect it to make it to top 3, at least for a bit.

8f1f476a04.jpg

Corpekata

Banned
God Eater is already #6 (was #15) on the top sellers list in Russia, a very reasonable price being the major factor i think. And the game hasn't even been released yet, i expect it to make it to top 3, at least for a bit.

8f1f476a04.jpg

It's been in the top 4-6 in the US for the past few days.

It certainly seems to be selling better than I expected.

derExperte

490 cards to go but I'm in 2-3c territory, barely worth it and gotta relist a few hundred because of course others using this glitch are undercutting hard. I got in relatively early but some card prices have crashed over the weekend, should've used instasell more often. Or maybe I should wait until the market recovers.

Anteater

490 cards to go but I'm in 2-3c territory, barely worth it and gotta relist a few hundred because of course others using this glitch are undercutting hard. I got in relatively early but some card prices have crashed over the weekend, should've used instasell more often.

even with enhanced steam that shit is tedious, i don't wanna relist these cards i had put up yesterday because they aren't selling

PaulSane

18 minute footage of horror game Yomawari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwekh3_WmE4
The game releases on Steam in coming weeks.

This game is surprisingly good, at least for me, since i'm not really a fan of the genre - i like it's art style, atmosphere and overall design a lot.
It releases on 25th of October.
Also, i didn't play it on Vita, and i don't think i'm allowed yet to say anything specific outside the stuff already known from the Vita version :)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
490 cards to go but I'm in 2-3c territory, barely worth it and gotta relist a few hundred because of course others using this glitch are undercutting hard. I got in relatively early but some card prices have crashed over the weekend, should've used instasell more often. Or maybe I should wait until the market recovers.

I'm holding on to my cards for now because a) I don't have the mobile authenticator in place and b) I'm waiting for the market to stabilize a bit.

Will probably get mobile auth going sometime next week then wait another week to cash out

zkylon

zkylewd
i like need for speed most wanted a lot more than burnout paradise

am i a terrible person

i never liked burnout paradise myself

i don't really play racing games but i liked burnout whatever (the ps2 one everyone loved) a whole lot and i just didn't enjoy the open world nature of paradise

although i did like it in most wanted but i think mostly cos i enjoyed the look of the city more and because playing barbies with ur car is fun

Anteater

i never liked burnout paradise myself

i don't really play racing games but i liked burnout whatever (the ps2 one everyone loved) a whole lot and i just didn't enjoy the open world nature of paradise

although i did like it in most wanted but i think mostly cos i enjoyed the look of the city more and because playing barbies with ur car is fun

I didn't think I like open world racing games because of burnout paradise, I tried playing it but never could get into it. I didn't actually like burnout paradise races, some of them feels like "drive really fast on this straight path and make a turn to point B", then you do the next race and drive back which has a similar design, yeah maybe it's just the look of the city? but I feel like the map is just well designed overall in most wanted and I was enjoying driving through it especially when I have to be creative at losing the cops.

I never played the older burnout before paradise, too bad EA don't port those old games :(

Lomax

I enjoyed Burnout Paradise for a little while, but then I enjoy the racing aspects of games like Saints Row and it was basically just that with nothing else in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom