• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

data

Use Idle Master, simultaneously idle 30 games at once for two hours. After that idle one game at a time. Press next game after 5 seconds or more. Sometimes you get a card sometimes not, so you have to through the games several times

Note that this is a glitch, it doesn't work every time

This worked for 5 of my games but after that it doesn't work anymore, even for the 5 games I could do it with. :[

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Valkyria Chronicles -- MB-4304BF9E1D960F79 - Taken by colinp. 14 entrants total.

t1472473922z1.png

dex3108

Are there any deals for Assassin's Creed Rogue out there? Or does somebody here has key left from Humble Ubisoft Bundle that is willing to sell it for 5$? :D

Unai

I'm curious about this (as I haven't played NMS): Is the crashed ship always just an effective +1 upgrade to the ship you already have? If someone else were to come to that planet in their game, would a different ship be there for them? Is it instanced to each player or is it part of the seed of the universe?

It's always +1 or just the same even.

I imagine it's instanced / generated based on your current gear so someone visiting the same planet would get different ships if they had vastly different gear.

Or maybe it's the same ship in terms of looks and location but the stats are different.

It atually ranges from -1 to +2.

Anteater

Finished nfs most wanted, guess it's not very long, clocked 6hr58mins, game is fun and I like the city, so the open world doesn't feel too boring as it's pretty dense which makes it easy to lose the cops even if they're on you

I'll probably finish some games first and wait for mirror's edge catalyst to be on origin access, then I'll subscribe for those new nfs games

Man that God Eater 2 with bonuses is tempting me. Any place to get it for cheaper than retail price cuz Enhanced Steam isn't showing me options.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on a $375 PC - Budget PC vs PS4 - The Potato Masher
One of the demanding games giving the PM a good run for its money. 60fps is just not possible. Not even at 900p and Low settings. 720p and Low settings it's a go but that's quite the concession.
At 1080p it performs and looks better than the PS4 though.

It gets pretty choppy at times on the PS4. I got it through Gamefly, which I'll probably be cancelling sometime soon, since I rarely use the service and I have a backlog this big on Steam as it is.

When it chops out is usually in the open city portions. I spend most of my time hacking or in A/C ducts, though, so it's playable.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Finally got DXMD to run at a solid framerate. I turned everything down but still wasn't. It's been so long since I've had to adjust the resolution for a game I played at, I forgot it even existed. Turned it down and worked like a charm. Then turned everything else back up.

Check out dl gamer
I think a few traders may offer it dor around $40 or a little less

Well they have the preorder bonuses shown so I'll think about getting it there.

I really hope the first God Eater is a decent port and not another Bamco/Symphonia disaster they decided to tack on.

Ascheroth

I really hope the first God Eater is a decent port and not another Bamco/Symphonia disaster they decided to tack on.

First game has confirmed 60fps as well. It's probably also done by QLOC, so it should be good.

Nillansan

This game is surprisingly good, at least for me, since i'm not really a fan of the genre - i like it's art style, atmosphere and overall design a lot.
It releases on 25th of October.
Also, i didn't play it on Vita, and i don't think i'm allowed yet to say anything specific outside the stuff already known from the Vita version :)

It does look interesting. Do you work in a QA department?

Tizoc

Both games are offered right off the bat unlike symphonia which was released later

data

Why do people keep watching potato masher videos? You're not going to be able to find a i5 750 and be able to stay under 350$ without buying crappy parts for the rest. And if you have to resort to buying used then how is it better than buying a console that's new hardware.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Unforgiving Trials: The Darkest Crusade -- MB-E332130735ED701F - Taken by ussjtrunks
Deadly Profits -- MB-24CDAE924CEB4D7A - Taken by spacellama
Forge of Gods DLC (it adds the game to your library) -- MB-8AAE42DDC263CAB9 - Taken by Purkake4
Strayed -- MB-D74CDD4C7BA49444 - Taken by A Fish Aficionado

derExperte

Why do people keep watching potato masher videos? You're not going to be able to find a i5 750 and be able to stay under 350$ without buying crappy parts for the rest. And if you have to resort to buying used then how is it better than buying a console that's new hardware.

For the same reason they (me included) watch someone building a 10.000$ PC, not because they're buying one but to see what's possible, in Potato's case how far a supercheap gaming PC can get you. It's just interesting from a technical perspective. But then I also watch people re-building 486 computers and running old games on them.

Anteater

same reason as people watching DF videos on how modern games run on $300 budget consoles, it's just interesting to see how games scale on different and especially lower cost hardwares

Amzin

My biggest problem with NMS isn't the game itself (I didn't pre-order it or play it yet), it's the treatment of gamers and gamers' treatment of that behavior. There's almost no other industry where companies get away with the bull and financial escalation that game companies do, and here we have a company blatantly lying and at best being deceitful in the months leading up to release (and even a bit following release) and there were SO MANY PEOPLE DEFENDING THEM. Actual threats are obviously never warranted, but there's no contentious discussion in the modern age that will not have some outlier threatening someone or other, sadly.

I've already discussed this in several places with a lot of people (including that strangest of locations, in person) and it's clear the tide has turned against Hello Games. While I don't wish ill of people, the fact that they have never once fessed up or opened up about the discrepancies between what they showed and talked about vs. what actually got released is a terrible standard to set and I don't see them ever succeeding at another game if they never fix their public relations. If a AAA game dev had pulled the same level of campaigning over a year while showing gameplay that never materialized, including in the pre-release video, they would have drawn much more initial ire. The fact that HG is smaller doesn't exclude them, if anything they should know better.

Just think what would happen if a car company behaved like that... there's a lot of really great games and a lot of good developers and publishers out there, and I just am tired of the shitty ones getting away with murder. I've been gaming for over 20 years and it's gotten quite old.

I'm on the third mission in Hitman and the second I load my save that involves me being a cameraman it crashes. Anyone else had similar issues with the level or unavoidable crashing? Not sure if I should restart or wait for a patch?

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

QR6itSa.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-04065E2698F2555A - Taken by Newblade
Unforgiving Trials: The Darkest Crusade -- MB-E332130735ED701F - Taken by ussjtrunks

I'm on the third mission in Hitman and the second I load my save that involves me being a cameraman it crashes. Anyone else had similar issues with the level or unavoidable crashing? Not sure if I should restart or wait for a patch?

Wait for a miracle, considering the bug is brand new. It will probably get fixed before the retail release.

The first Potato Masher video is explaining the parts and costs. It should answer many questions but the gist is, he bought both the PS4 and the PC parts used for the same price and based the parts around that budget. There isn't really a crappy component he ended up with while staying around 350$.

derExperte

Steam Community down? They fixin' the glitch?

edit: Nah, we back, still glitchin'.

Just think what would happen if a car company behaved like that...

Some do. And sometimes people die as a result. Then they have to pay some fees and off they go. Not saying the NMS situation isn't bad, just that other companies have done very shady crap without too many consequences, Volkswagen is getting some heat but let's see how long that will last. Intel almost killing AMD in the 90s. The GTX 970 3.5GB, GAF's Nvidia 'friends' were defending that too.

Quick Look: Absolute Drift: Zen Edition (Jeff's not very good, to be fair the game needs serious practice.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom