• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's worth bearing in mind that just because it looks like a lot of refunds from our perspective on NeoGAF, doesn't mean it actually is a lot in the wider scheme of things. I just had a look at the Steamspy owner numbers - obviously incomplete at this time, but still - and it's dropped 20,000. Shocking! Until you realise that that is still nearly 759,000 owners on Steam. Sure, it'll change a bit as Steamspy catches up, but not vastly I imagine. And that'll include "normal" refunds, where people have bought it and refunded within the standard two hours.

So, really not as much of a shitstorm as that refund thread on gaming-side would imply.

That thread seems to mostly be about people seeking validation for their opinions about the game, and actually wanting the devs to fail completely.

Still haven't bought the game myself, but I remain interested. I want to have a look on how their content patches turn out before I throw down my money though.

I just hope they won't spend too much time and resources on that "see other players in the universe" thing. Not the slightest interested in that.

We live in a post-Witcher 3 world now, those two story missions won't justify the 30-dollar price tag.

Maybe if they turn out to be as lengthy as The Missing Link for DX:HR, and with even more replayability. But even that is a maybe.

So many things about Deus Ex: MK are a turn off for me. Shitty season pass, in game microtransactions, few reviews that felt enthusiastic, and Denuvo.

It doesn't really seem to sell that much either. 250k copies on Steamspy.

venomenon

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is an Arcade racer too.
And what we really need is a successor to that.

By the way, regarding the refund topic, I wonder why there's not that much of a shitstorm about Mankind Divided when it comes to refunds. From my own experience and reading the PC performance thread a bit, my impression is that for lots of people performance goes to shit once they're in Prague. Considering the time you might need for the introductory mission and perhaps some fiddling with the settings afterwards because performance starts to decline once you're in the apartment, chances are you only realize that you can't really run the game very well and might want a refund after just about 2 hours. Might be a coincidence, of course.

Ascheroth

Speaking of top sellers, God Eater has been hanging out in the top 10 for quite a while and is now number 3 on the US top sellers and number 2 on the global top sellers. As long as the port is decent it seems like it might sell well.

Something would have to go reaaally wrong for the port to be bad considering all we know so far.
I'm looking forward to the SteamSpy numbers.

And what we really need is a successor to that.

By the way, regarding the refund topic, I wonder why there's not that much of a shitstorm about Mankind Divided when it comes to refunds. From my own experience and reading the PC performance thread a bit, my impression is that for lots of people performance goes to shit once they're in Prague. Considering the time you might need for the introductory mission and perhaps some fiddling with the settings afterwards because performance starts to decline once you're in the apartment, chances are you only realize that you can't really run the game very well and might want a refund after just about 2 hours. Might be a coincidence, of course.
Deus Ex Mankind Divided performs fine, it's the bugs that needed fixing. The first half of performance thread is basically "I don't know what MSAA is".

Tizoc

Speaking of top sellers, God Eater has been hanging out in the top 10 for quite a while and is now number 3 on the US top sellers and number 2 on the global top sellers. As long as the port is decent it seems like it might sell well.

TotalBiscuit complemented the port in a recent tweet.
Port has to be good if TB is fine with it.

Imo Sonic and Trackmania are their own racing beasts distinct from the traditional arcade racer genre.
Sonic is a kart-racer, with kart speed and kart drifting, but it has refined arcade-like handling. Compare this with Blur, which is a straight-up arcade racer with kart-like powerups.
Trackmania is a time-attack game featuring fast cars, with emphasis on track mastery over all.

Fair enough.
I've actually went around and bought whatever arcade style racers are available on Steam, but I don't have any of the Midnight Club games; which one is worth getting?

venomenon

Deus Ex Mankind Divided performs fine, it's the bugs that needed fixing. The first half of performance thread is basically "I don't know what MSAA is".
Sure, but that's not the case for everybody who has performance issues. There are several examples of people getting near-unplayable performance in Prague with actually pretty reasonable settings for their available hardware (myself included) while the introductory mission ran really well. The issue of loading times being terrible if you're not using an SSD doesn't really arise before entering Prague either.

zulux21

I'm more than fine if lurkers take these....

BAD RATS BOMB!!!!!
HRZAT-EIXAB-QNMNG
HTYQN-LDQA8-FMG0N
G8MBV-I7K3T-7KCPE
G839N-5WIV4-QL03Z

:p

Pixieking

Banned
We live in a post-Witcher 3 world now, those two story missions won't justify the 30-dollar price tag.

Welllll, technically... I paid £47 for the Deluxe Edition, which was only £7 above my original pre-order (£39.99 on Steam). So, yeah, I could've got the Standard Edition cheaper (especially from GMG during that price mistake), but I'm happy with an effective £7 for the Season Pass. *shrugs* :)

That thread seems to mostly be about people seeking validation for their opinions about the game, and actually wanting the devs to fail completely.

Still haven't bought the game myself, but I remain interested. I want to have a look on how their content patches turn out before I throw down my money though.

I just hope they won't spend too much time and resources on that "see other players in the universe" thing. Not the slightest interested in that.

Yeah, I'm really interested in it myself - some of the screenshots I've seen on Twitter are just beautiful - but that price... Plus, the survival mechanics? Urgh. Hate survival/crafting games. :/ I'll see if HG turn in a patch that removes the survival elements - a "sightseeing mode" - otherwise it'll be a 66% discount buy.

And, yeah, that thread seems the very worst of the worst. It's one thing to complain about misleading advertising and crashes, but the venom in there... I can't believe how vicious some of the posts are. Like the worst parts of the "indie games suck" crowd and the "publishers are the devil incarnate" crowd somehow combined.

Stillllllll...

In Turing Test news, two more Contributor reviews on OpenCritic giving it good scores - 8.5/10 and 4/5.

AHA-Lambda

Subway glitch is still not fucking fixed, so I still can't finish mankind divided

Also bought the season pass and half of it is literally consumable

You certainly can kill progress cos I never fucking asked for this

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Took fourth, finally I get to try what all the fuzz is all about.

13-809298604_612658.gif

Tizoc

I did a quick search for God Eater 1 and 2 and how well they did in Japan on PS4. Apparently combined they shipped, if not sold, over 100K units in Japan.
The PSP and PSV releases shipped, if not sold, over 2 million in Japan.

I'm likely off here by a certain margin but from the looks of it, and if it gets a good discount come Winter Seal+Positive views from Youtubers, the game could get a good amount of owners by by then maybe exceeding 200K, though that's me being optimistic :V

And, yeah, that thread seems the very worst of the worst. It's one thing to complain about misleading advertising and crashes, but the venom in there... I can't believe how vicious some of the posts are. Like the worst parts of the "indie games suck" crowd and the "publishers are the devil incarnate" crowd somehow combined.

Yep, can't stop myself from looking in it from time to time, but I won't jump in and post anything.

The latest post I saw was a guy calling for the devs to go under, and Sean Murray to go bankrupt. Like that would help anything in any way, and would be a better alternative then letting the devs continue to work on the game and improve it.

As much as the devs could have communicated a lot of things differently, people really need to learn that everything in a game is subject to change before it's released, and that there are few reasons to jump in on a preorder when you're not prepared to take a risk with it.

Corpekata

Banned
Judging by where it's sitting in the top sales and constrasting it with other recent releases/ preorders that have been hovering around the same spots it appears like the GE games are around 10-20k (hard to gauge exactly since the games I'm comparing it too have lower MSRPs) in preorders, so 200k by winter sale doesn't sound too far off provided the port is good and the audience responds.

I do think they might. The hardocre nature of hunting games seems like it would fit in well on PC when a little effort is put into it (unlike Toukiden). They could have a decent sleeper hit on their hands.

gelf

Yeah, I'm really interested in it myself - some of the screenshots I've seen on Twitter are just beautiful - but that price... Plus, the survival mechanics? Urgh. Hate survival/crafting games. :/ I'll see if HG turn in a patch that removes the survival elements - a "sightseeing mode" - otherwise it'll be a 66% discount buy.

I'm certainly still open to trying NMS in future. It was never going to be a game I rush out and buy right away but in the future after updates and a price cut sure. I don't understand how people can get so damn insane about this. We've all been burnt by games not being what we wanted and it sucks, but the lesson is to stop jumping aboard the hype train in future and actually wait for evidence the game is what you want and just not assuming it.

In terms of games I'm more interested in, I saw this behaviour with Street Fighter V. Now I'm still disappointed it lacks an Arcade mode and will point that out a lot but I'm still open to buying the game in future if it or other features I like gets added. Spending time in angry SFV threads though that wouldn't be enough for some people, they could update it to be the greatest most feature filled fighter ever and they still wouldn't relax about it until a Capcom executive gets on a stage apologises for its launch state, gives away free copies and then commits seppuku for their honour.

Corpekata

Banned
I don't see NMS getting fixed until there's a sequel. Patches and DLC can only improve things so much. Those same 6 buildings on every planet instead becoming 8 buildings isn't going to make it much more interesting.

There's just stuff inherently flawed with the game. For instance, there's the "find a crashed ship and take it" mechanic. This should be really cool. But the way the procedural generation works is that crashed ship is only every going to be slightly better than yours. It'll have like 1 more inventory slot, maybe a sidegrade or two. It ruins the exploration if I can't stumble upon a ship with say, 5 more inventory slots, or way better weapons that maybe takes more to repair. I'd love to stumble over some badass ship and then go off exploring as I figured out a way to get it working. But nope. It's all just +1 inventory slot and the same basic repairs.

That seems like such a simple aspect that would have improved things. Let me go find stuff that doesn't feel like incremental upgrades and slightly more currency and brave more dangers for it. The closest the game comes to that is some planets have these little orb things that vendor for a decent amount growing and if you loot them, the sentinels get alerted to come take you out right away. The game needed more stuff like that.

Tizoc

Here's a quick one, but this being a Steam key, it sadly is not redeemable in these regions:
Japan, China, Taiwan, Province of China, Korea, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Republic of Hong Kong

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Valkyria Chronicles -- MB-4304BF9E1D960F79 - Taken by colinp. 14 entrants total.

t1472473922z1.png

Hektor

That NMS "shitstorm" is diretide all over again.

And i really can't blame people for getting pissed about it, I mean, should people be more careful and wait for reviews? Sure.

But on the other hand, when the game has Sony saying they're treating is as one of their own first party titles, presenting it big on e3 rather than in a typical indiereel they usually show to you, and when the game costs full price 60 bucks which is not only more than any other indie game on Steam but also more than most other triple AAA titles on steam , then it was perfectly reasonable of people to assume that NMS is going to be more than the typical 30$ early access survival title they ended up with.

Teeth

There's just stuff inherently flawed with the game. For instance, there's the "find a crashed ship and take it" mechanic. This should be really cool. But the way the procedural generation works is that crashed ship is only every going to be slightly better than yours. It'll have like 1 more inventory slot, maybe a sidegrade or two. It ruins the exploration if I can't stumble upon a ship with say, 5 more inventory slots, or way better weapons that maybe takes more to repair. I'd love to stumble over some badass ship and then go off exploring as I figured out a way to get it working. But nope. It's all just +1 inventory slot and the same basic repairs.

I'm curious about this (as I haven't played NMS): Is the crashed ship always just an effective +1 upgrade to the ship you already have? If someone else were to come to that planet in their game, would a different ship be there for them? Is it instanced to each player or is it part of the seed of the universe?

And i really can't blame people for getting pissed about it, I mean, should people be more careful and wait for reviews? Sure.

But on the other hand, when the game has Sony saying they're treating is as one of their own first party titles, presenting it big on e3 rather than in a typical indiereel they usually show to you, and when the game costs full price 60 bucks which is not only more than any other indie game on Steam but also more than most other triple AAA titles on steam , then it was perfectly reasonable of people to assume that NMS is going to be more than the typical 30$ early access survival title they ended up with.

The pricing argument gets weird when there are games like Stephen's Sausage Roll on offer for a premium and the fan base seems to be fine with it. Pricing conversations get weird in general when the breadth of market is taken into account. The lack of content doesn't seem to be the problem with NMS - there are lots of AAA games with less usable content. It just seems to be the dissatisfaction with the core game itself for some people.

Corpekata

Banned
I'm curious about this (as I haven't played NMS): Is the crashed ship always just an effective +1 upgrade to the ship you already have? If someone else were to come to that planet in their game, would a different ship be there for them? Is it instanced to each player or is it part of the seed of the universe?

It's always +1 or just the same even.

I imagine it's instanced / generated based on your current gear so someone visiting the same planet would get different ships if they had vastly different gear.

Or maybe it's the same ship in terms of looks and location but the stats are different.

Arthea

I still think it is overblown by intertnets drama resurgence most people are so fond of. Granted, the game has issues, some of those can be fixed with patches, some probably not. But there are people refunding it after playing more than 50 hours (meaning they like the game well enough) without even demanding or waiting for patches.
And then there are threats as usual for such dramas online.

IDK, maybe I'm just old fashioned or something

OTOH price is totally too high, I agree

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Game -- MB-22405F1F94945DE7 - Taken by SSPssp. 52 entrants total.

t1472508007z1.png

Teeth

It's always +1 or just the same even.

I imagine it's instanced / generated based on your current gear so someone visiting the same planet would get different ships if they had vastly different gear.

Or maybe it's the same ship in terms of looks and location but the stats are different.

Ah yes, leveled loot. It's the same problem with every enormously explorable game; you can make peaks with prescribed content, but if you want people to do stuff in any order they want, they'll go for the best stuff first and the rest of your game becomes irrelevant. If you gate it with skill/stat checks, you might as well have just made a linear game. You make it instanced/leveled loot, there is little thrill of discovery, as the user knows that every new thing gives a uniform reward (it'll always be +1 to what you have...so everything is always worth doing, but everything is equally worth doing with no peaks or valleys).

I guess they could have occasionally thrown some chaos into the mix and just every once in a while gave the user a ship with +5 stats. That could have been part of the instance algorithm, though that could have made the game predictable too (ie- with a random chance of 1/10 ships giving a +5, with increasing odds for each non+5 discovery found, eventually everyone gets that same boost).

It's a tough game design problem to solve, though games like Diablo have done a good job with what amounts to experiential itemization. Gotta have those up and down moments to make people feel like "anything could happen".

Seems like they went too uniform on the balance.

I have to agree with you that the game seems like it has too many limitations with the core gameplay to give the sightseeing and resource gathering interest. Basically, when the verbs of your game are so limited, the interest you can create with advances in play progression are stifled. If the core of your game is gathering stuff, the only stuff that feels worth it to give the user is more space to keep stuff. Or gather stuff faster. But gathering stuff isn't fun in the first place...it's just busywork.

My armchair designer feeling is that they should have had techniques in the game to create interest in player mobility. Stuff equivalent (but obviously not the same as) Mario 64s movement abilities; make getting around fun with abilities that take some manual dexterity and/or timing that a user can actually get good at and improve their navigation and collecting speed. Give them a progression based on traveling horizontal and vertical space faster through skill (controller inputs) and character build (choices to upgrade different movement abilities). Make getting around fun. Do something similar with the actual collecting abilities - make it more skill based that just seeing something and holding a button on it.

But I haven't played it, so I can't really say.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I still think it is overblown by intertnets drama resurgence most people are so fond of. Granted, the game has issues, some of those can be fixed with patches, some probably not. But there are people refunding it after playing more than 50 hours (meaning they like the game well enough) without even demanding or waiting for patches.
And then there are threats as usual for such dramas online.

IDK, maybe I'm just old fashioned or something

OTOH price is totally too high, I agree

you dont need to like a game to play it 50 hours. People play games for thousands of hours while hating it, just look at dota

:3

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
IndieGala Monday Motivation Bundle #4

Pay only $1 and Get these 3 Steam Games

simian.interface++ (STEAM)
Sekwere (STEAM) +
Whispers (STEAM) +

Pay only $2.99 or more (ONLY FIRST 24 Hours) and Get The Entire Bundle of 10 Steam Games

Redactem (STEAM)
Blasters of the Universe Planet (STEAM)
Castle Chaos (STEAM)
The Legend: A University Story (STEAM)
The Crystal Nebula (STEAM)
The Secret Monster Society - Chapter 1: Monsters, Fires and Forbidden Forests (STEAM) +
Mustache in Hell (STEAM) +

https://www.indiegala.com/monday

PaulSane

So, since God Eater is very close to release, and i want to play it with other people, feel free to add me on Steam :)

My profile

My friend list is so small, the only interactions i get lately is "derExperte is now playing another game" spam :p

Hektor

The pricing argument gets weird when there are games like Stephen's Sausage Roll on offer for a premium and the fan base seems to be fine with it. Pricing conversations get weird in general when the breadth of market is taken into account. The lack of content doesn't seem to be the problem with NMS - there are lots of AAA games with less usable content. It just seems to be the dissatisfaction with the core game itself for some people.

Stephens sausage rolls only costs 30$ tho and it's clearly niche game made for a niche audience as well. The game doesn't hide how ugly it is for an example nor does it promise to be more than it actually is.

Sure, value and all is subjective, but my point being is that the pricetag and the massive marketing the game got made people believe Sean Murray's fantasies were real and not just an ambitious dream, hence why this game gets that special treatment all the other games dont.

Or to put it differently, you can surely blame people for buying into the hype, but you can also blame the developers and marketeers for creating it so willfully without being able to live up to it.

I still think it is overblown by intertnets drama resurgence most people are so fond of.

Sure, everything on the Internet is full of drama and hyperbole, just like how everybody nowadays either just loves or hates a videogame, with no measured opinions in between.

I think it's an important skill for savvy Internet users to be able to look behind the fact.

But yea, threats are far behind hyperbole and never acceptable.

Teeth

Sure, value and all is subjective, but my point being is that the pricetag and the massive marketing the game got made people believe Sean Murray's fantasies were real and not just an ambitious dream, hence why this game gets that special treatment all the other games dont.

Or to put it differently, you can surely blame people for buying into the hype, but you can also blame the developers and marketeers for creating it so willfully without being able to live up to it.

A question: would marketers have been able to know whether the things Hello Games was saying weren't going to be deliverable? They are marketers and executives. None of the stuff they were proposing are impossible, just expensive and time consuming. EDIT - the multiplayer stuff might have been non-feasible given the scale of the project; theoretically, you could have 300,000 people all going to a single planet, which would have crippled the servers. Even having 10 people on the same planet doing stuff that updated on each client would have been a nightmare to code. Any sort of persistence on a seed-generated environment as large as the one in NMS creates issues of scale in synchronization that are non-trivial. Thinking back now, I should have been able to tell that that would be non-deliverable, but I believed it at the time.

Any marketer would kill for the type of engagement seen around the internet by fans. I actually don't feel like NMS got much more of a push than any other high profile indie game (like, say, The Witness). I mean, we got on stage at E3 because MS asked us. It's tough to say no. Was there anything said or done during the E3 stuff that was outlandish? I get that the whole thing was smoke and mirrors (that's about 85% of all E3 "demos"), but I don't feel like anything that was actually shown at the more recent E3s was really not delivered (I probably should go back and watch it, I'm just trying to recall from memory)?

That seems about the extent of the Sony-side marketing (and then the TV and internet commercials that came at launch). The rest of the stuff was media interviews - which is all on Hello Games, not Sony.

The real hype was born on message boards (like this one!). The mystery around the game seemed to create two camps and that conflict created stalwarts. The "but what do you do?" people emboldened the "ALL OF THE INFO IS OUT THERE IF YOU LOOK" people that had threads drag on for ages. That kept it on the front page and increased exposure. The vitriol of the battles made people seem (and probably were) very invested, which got people interested because passionate people garner attention. Like...I wonder how Amirox and LegacyZero feel about their campaign now?

The whole thing is weird.

I don't get what's so wrong about playing a game for 60 hours and still giving it a negative user review?

People look at reviews in different ways. The classic "why would you play a game for 60 hours if you didn't enjoy it?" comes from a place of people who have more options than time. Additionally, some people write/want reviews based on what the user felt about it rather than what the user think other people would/should think about it.

IndieGala Monday Motivation Bundle #4

https://www.indiegala.com/monday
Has anyone mentioned the controversy with Redactem?
http://steamcommunity.com/app/502400/discussions/0/359547436758516674/
Of course that is the developers side of the story and not all of the free giveaways were revoked (there was at least one when the game first came out). Some people speculate it might be to avoid a contract breach with indiegala (interesting if this is the case since indiegala once did a grabthegames bundle where a majority of ther bundle had been given away for free).

Arthea

So, since God Eater is very close to release, and i want to play it with other people, feel free to add me on Steam :)

My profile

My friend list is so small, the only interactions i get lately is "derExperte is now playing another game" spam :p

added, but I dropped in the Forge of Gods hole so deep, I'm not sure I can find my way up to the place where Gods are Eaten.

Whoever made that Forge of Gods dlc giveaway, you are an evil person!

My profile

I added you, so now you can get "bobnowhere is now playing another game" spam!

How can anyone knock back a game called "Mustache in Hell!" Ron Swanson goes to hell and is very disappointed in what he sees.

Could someone here explain the idling glitch some people've been talking about?

It's not reliable and I don't think anyone really understands how it works or to reliably trigger it but:

1. First it only seems to work for those games over 2 hours playtime even if you haven't requested a refund.
2. Fire up the last version of Idlemaster and set it so it idles games over 2 hours playtime individually one at a time and then the rest for 2 hours at the same time.
3. Set it running and hit the next game button after 5-6 seconds. If you get a drop straight away with the notification window it could be on. With a bit of luck you should get a drop for ever game after that 3-4 seconds after switching games. You'll also probably not get anymore notifications but they'll keep dropping.
4. Once you go all the way through your list of games you can try to start again, turn steam off and on again but it seems like you have to wait a while.
5. Why it works? Probably an issue with notifications as when the window bugs out cards drop fast.
6. Some have also had luck just spamming the next game button as fast as possible, I haven't though.

I'm certainly still open to trying NMS in future. It was never going to be a game I rush out and buy right away but in the future after updates and a price cut sure. I don't understand how people can get so damn insane about this. We've all been burnt by games not being what we wanted and it sucks, but the lesson is to stop jumping aboard the hype train in future and actually wait for evidence the game is what you want and just not assuming it.

In terms of games I'm more interested in, I saw this behaviour with Street Fighter V. Now I'm still disappointed it lacks an Arcade mode and will point that out a lot but I'm still open to buying the game in future if it or other features I like gets added. Spending time in angry SFV threads though that wouldn't be enough for some people, they could update it to be the greatest most feature filled fighter ever and they still wouldn't relax about it until a Capcom executive gets on a stage apologises for its launch state, gives away free copies and then commits seppuku for their honour.

While I agree with you in general, I don't think that the generally negative attitude towards SFV is unreasonable. The game launched in a terrible state, and there is still a laundry list of missing, broken, or poorly functioning parts of the game:

This is a game that launched without standard CPU fights (neither arcade mode nor simply standard 2/3 matches, both are still missing), only 2 person lobbies, no penalties for rage-quitting (added, after an initial attempt that also punished the victims), no shop or daily goals (the latter is still missing), costume colors locked behind the most ridiculous game mode where previously these were earned simply by playing matches, missing functionality such as user statistics (still missing), broken user searches for name containing certain characters (still broken), faulty roll-back netcode that doesn't re-sync properly (still faulty), markedly worse integration into Steam / PSN than IV (still bad), no ability to remap keys on windows combined with an absurd layout (still missing), no support for DInput devices (still missing), very high input delay (acknowledged by Capcom, but not fixed yet), extended downtime due to maintenance (again, and again, and again), and more.

Arcade Mode is simply one such missing part, but its addition would still be far from making SFV what it should have been on release, and we are already half a year post launch. The only saving grace is the the actual PVP gameplay is superb (ignoring everything around it), and training mode offers a lot of improvements over IV's training mode, but everything else feels poorly thought out or half finished at best.

It'll be a good while before we reach the point where the game is where it should have been on release, and if people keep demanding apologies and ritual suicide from Capcom at that point, then you can call them out as being unreasonable.

Deques

Idled 30 games and managed to get all the cards which is around 175 cards. Doing another round now. After that I give up idling, I think

Deques

How're you doing this?

Use Idle Master, simultaneously idle 30 games at once for two hours. After that idle one game at a time. Press next game after 5 seconds or more. Sometimes you get a card sometimes not, so you have to through the games several times

Note that this is a glitch, it doesn't work every time

Xanathus

One interesting thing about the glitch is that it has revealed to me that certain games on Steam are glitched to not give you all of the cards, for me they are Shantae: Risky Revenge - Director's Cut and Pixel Puzzles: UndeadZ.

Kagemusha

Has anyone mentioned the controversy with Redactem?
http://steamcommunity.com/app/502400/discussions/0/359547436758516674/
Of course that is the developers side of the story and not all of the free giveaways were revoked (there was at least one when the game first came out). Some people speculate it might be to avoid a contract breach with indiegala (interesting if this is the case since indiegala once did a grabthegames bundle where a majority of ther bundle had been given away for free).
The developer is trying to say IndieGala are the good guys. The bastards that they are considering legal action against may be Indie Game Stand. I still haven't gotten a key from IGS. I think HP Wuvcraft had issues with IGS giving away his game for $1 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom