• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Mozilla is the worst. Following their recommended practices, Enhanced Steam is being updated to comply with their new security settings.

Surprisingly, everything works great in Firefox 50. But 48 and 49, it still throws error messages.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, unfortunately, Enhanced Steam is probably going to suck a bit until Firefox 50 releases.

Damn. Also have you seen this?

derExperte

Wow @ people who don't believe in Sean.

capture6au7p.png

Disgusting.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Ozium

#marketing.

Joke responses aside. I'll believe in the game when I have something to properly go on to guage whether it is going to be great for me. The hype behind it is as stupid as the hype behind Cyberpunk, when all that has is a CG teaser trailer. It's not enough to go on name alone. I need something details of gameplay / narative that I know I can get interested in. NMS has exploration and procedural generation, and that's it. Not enough detail to "hook" me. Deus Ex / Mafia 3 have past games I have loved, gameplay footage and more in depth discussion of mechanics, narrative ideas etc. Even if NMS needs to keep quiet in an Undertale kind of way, as I did with that, I'd be waiting on impressions from others before biting.

Meanwhile, Sean Bean; that's a voice I can get behind - I'm off to pre-order Civ VI.... oh look at those bollocks UK prices, perhaps not.

DLGAMER had civ 6 for cheap, and they still do but now it is not as cheap as it was before :(

capture6au7p.png

Disgusting.

lol

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
y'all buyin' NMS?

I would love to get hopelessly lost in its universe as a nice way to unwind. I have a lot of time in Mirrormoon EP, a game I compare to NMS frequently for surface-level similarities, for just that purpose. Unfortunately, that does not come at a $60 pricetag, with the way finances are.

Hopefully, Hello Games and Sony's gamble pays off for them!

mp1990

Banned
The question that begs to be answered is: which one will disappoint more people, No Man's Sky or The Last Guardian?

iosefe

i'm sad you didn't ask me, Ozium...

i'm excited. what i saw was cool, and was the game i was expecting as it was the game we were told it would be. fighting, flying, exploring.

Cool. Signed up.
Mozilla is the worst. Following their recommended practices, Enhanced Steam is being updated to comply with their new security settings.

Surprisingly, everything works great in Firefox 50. But 48 and 49, it still throws error messages.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, unfortunately, Enhanced Steam is probably going to suck a bit until Firefox 50 releases.
Bummer. Was all giddy when upgrading FF to 48 yesterday :/
Edit: Manually updated to 8.7. Love seeing all the new features since 7.3 now on a regular basis!

Ozium

i'm sad you didn't ask me, Ozium...

i'm excited. what i saw was cool, and was the game i was expecting as it was the game we were told it would be. fighting, flying, exploring.

I said "y'all" which includes everyone

I honestly was AGAINST No Man's Sky until I watched some of the streams and it legit hyped me up as a game to play while high to zone out and chill.. now I am FOR! I like space and sci fi stuff though and am actually glad there isn't base building or other crap people wanted because that stuff annoys me.

plus the music and sound effects are 10/10

No Money for Sean :p

No Money, Sean

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Cool. Signed up.

Bummer. Was all giddy when upgrading FF to 48 yesterday :/
Edit: Manually updated to 8.7. Love seeing all the new features since 7.3 now on a regular basis!

It should work a lot better when version 8.8 releases (soon). A lot of the work that went into 8.8 was specifically geared at Firefox compatibility. Stay tuned.

If you lads haven't seen any of that NYC pre-release footage of Civ6 there is footage from quill18.
Personally I am still not convinced into buying it during the launch window. Maybe after a couple of expansions, maybe.

One would imagine Valve has some sort of QA or any kind of procedure before accepting publishers.

Either it's an automated process or Valve just don't give a crap.

rtcn63

RE REV2 episode 1 spoilers kinda

Grumpy Claire and female Beebs versus female Hannibal Lecter (the Overseer).

Natalia if you're on my side, why do you keep dropping bricks when you walk through doors? Also I told you I came here to find my daughter and her friend, and you neglect to fucking mention that you met two people of their exact gender earlier while you were trawling the woods for dinner scorpions.

If you lads haven't seen any of that NYC pre-release footage of Civ6 there is footage from quill18.
Personally I am still not convinced into buying it during the launch window. Maybe after a couple of expansions, maybe.

Yeah. After the double whammy of CivBE's disappointing state at launch, and XCOM 2's technical disasters, I can't really justify preordering either.

It does sound good. But not nearly enough to blind-preorder.
One would imagine Valve has some sort of QA or any kind of procedure before accepting publishers.

Either it's an automated process or Valve just don't give a crap.
Valve's thought process:

Is it automated?
  • Yes --- > Do nothing
  • No ---- > Get it automated!

jshackles

Rm48ynz.png

This update is available for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Chrome users should see the extension update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes.

Note for Firefox users - you must manually update by redownloading the extension at http://www.enhancedsteam.com/download/. This version includes auto-update functionality for future releases. Additionally, some features of Enhanced Steam are not yet working with versions of Firefox less than version 50. For example, custom profile backgrounds and Early Access banners aren't working from steamcommunity.com pages. Most of these features are re-enabled by using Firefox 50 or above, or will be re-enabled at a future date.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

C4rter

Just played through the main campaign (Russians) of Company of Heroes 2 and I'm loving that game. Pretty interesting missions and very different mission styles for a war game. A good enough story and great controls. And the fighting just feels "right". When the shells are hitting a tank and it finally explodes, that's just satisfying.

Should I dive right into the "Ardennes Assault" campaign? Is it as good as the original campaign? Is there any more stuff to check out for singleplayer? I've read the rest is just challenge missions or something?

derExperte

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

Cool, thx. But in the inventory I don't see the 'Sell' button. At least not when clicking through my items, it's there when first loading for the first item and shows for like a millisecond after clicking on one after that but immediately disappears.

Jawmuncher

RE REV2 episode 1 spoilers kinda

Grumpy Claire and female Beebs versus female Hannibal Lecter (the Overseer).

Natalia if you're on my side, why do you keep dropping bricks when you walk through doors? Also I told you I came here to find my daughter and her friend, and you neglect to fucking mention that you met two people of their exact gender earlier while you were trawling the woods for dinner scorpions.

That's just the beginning of twists and turns

jshackles

Cool, thx. But in the inventory I don't see the 'Sell' button. At least not when clicking through my items, it's there when first loading for the first item and shows for like a millisecond after clicking on one after that but immediately disappears.

Oh, that's very strange. I'll look into that.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
can you pinpoint this, in terms of mechanics and all, even if spoilered

legit asking. I havent kept up with anything

wont have money anyway but I do wonder

When you reach a planet, most of the things you can do seem like work, like extracting resources and micromanaging in the menus. A lot of the planets also have a hostile environment, so you need to build resistance against the hazards. Looking out for wildlife and creatures may be fun for a while, but I'm not sure if it still is after 20+ hours. Collecting resources and trading for items may be fun for a lot of people, but honestly it's not for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom