• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
HE didnt upgrade anything! :p

Getting the real ending in Suikoden is kinda obtuse, I just got cut out because I needed to win an (apparently) unwinnable fight with Pahn and since it was kinda hard, I supposed it was one of those unwinnable fights, instead if you go around the world fully equipping Pahn before that fight with his ultimate gear, you can win the fight and get the good ending. But of course if you don't use a guide, how can you know that? I mean, I'm not even underleveled, that character was like level 42. Bah.

Either you get the good ending or get the the somber verisimilitude of Murayamas war tales.

Khronico

Haven't posted in here for quite a long time, hope everyone is doing good.

For some reason I decided to replay some COD games (MW2-3, BLOPS1-2) in anticipation of the new game (or, more accurately, the cod4 remaster that comes with it :v). Also, this is my first time playing these games on PC, since I played every cod game on ps3 back in the day. The jump from sub-hd to 1080p is incredible and the games hold up quite well in the graphics department aside from some muddy textures.

Kinda weird coming back to the older games in the series after the radical shifts in gameplay that AW-BLOPS3 brought to the table. Here's some scattered, loosely connected thoughts about the games I replayed.

MW2: Still my favorite campaign aside from COD4. Excellent mission variety, some of the best setpieces in the entire series, story is simple but competent. MW1-3 have my favorite characters in the series too.

MW3: The replay of this game improved my opinion of this game quite a bit. Before I would've said my least favorite COD campaign was probably MW3 (although BLOPS3 is a CLOSE contender). After the replay I've realized the campaign wasn't bad at all. It's definitely the weakest of the Modern Warfare trilogy but not a bad game. There are some fantastic individual missions scattered throughout the game and it ends quite well. Overall a completely fine game, although the multiplayer is still my least favorite iteration of COD mp ever.

BLOPS1: This one is the one game that did not hold up at ALL to a second playthrough. Going from the IW made games to Treyarch stuff is rough. Everything about the gameplay feels... off. The biggest problem is the damage indicators and player health. You can never trust the game to accurately portray how much damage you can take. One moment you can be full bloody screen and still manage to take a full mag before dying, another moment you'll go from full health to dead without even time to think. It's just not fun to play and incredibly frustrating.

BLOPS2: Everything I said about BLOPS1 still applies here, although there are some interesting new additions to the series like choices that change the way the campaign plays out (and more cold war era missions, which is the best part of BLOPS1). Unfortunately, none of the choices make the campaign more than a boring, uninteresting slog.

Conclusion: Play MW1-3, maybe BLOPS1 if you really like cold war stuff, avoid BLOPS2 unless its dirt cheap.

Ludens

Banned
FOxMn7p.jpg

What a value, I will be amazed if all this stuff offer three additional hours to the game.

Haven't posted in here for quite a long time, hope everyone is doing good.

For some reason I decided to replay some COD games (MW2-3, BLOPS1-2) in anticipation of the new game (or, more accurately, the cod4 remaster that comes with it :v).

You should play Ghosts. It will remove all doubt from your mind as to which is the worst COD campaign in the last 10 or so years.

Actually, you probably shouldn't.

Khronico

You should play Ghosts. It will remove all doubt from your mind as to which is the worst COD campaign in the last 10 or so years.

Actually, you probably shouldn't.

Funny you'd say that
I really like Ghosts
BLOPS3 campaign is so much worse than Ghosts it isn't even a contest

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I bought ICY http://store.steampowered.com/app/375400 other day because it was cheap and I was interested in the game when it was released but the mixed reviews made me ignore the game. To my surprised the game is getting a remastered version, the owners of the original version will get the remastered edition for free.

I hope it's called ICY: Refrozen. Also, you might want to remove ?l=porchgeese from your URL. ;)

rtcn63

TEW finished. Probably my favorite TPS since RE4. Performance and storytelling aren't great, but core gameplay does plenty right. As for challenge- it's harder than perhaps Uncharted on standard difficulty, but still far from impossible. There are a few sections in the campaign that genuinely require you to flex your brain a bit, and the game does give you a get-out-of-jail-free card in the form of the agony crossbow, since bolts can be crafted from materials that don't appear to have a stock cap. The crossbow works well as both a support and primary weapon (fire harpoon).

And bottle -> knife to the head never gets old.

Started RE REV2. Moira pls.

Tizoc

blargh no wonder my internet was slogging. It was downloading the latest windows update.
Figured a way to stop it and now everything is fine.

I'm sure it's already come up in this thread, but is Humble Bundle about to go out of business or what? This is the first time I can recall when they haven't had a weekly game bundle active.

dex3108

I think that i will get Russian key for Deus Ex MD. Square Enix started adding my region to CIS so i can activate Russian keys (i can't get Steam gifts). Unless they decide to make game with Russian language only XD

Archangel_

Neo Member
I think that i will get Russian key for Deus Ex MD. Square Enix started adding my region to CIS so i can activate Russian keys (i can't get Steam gifts). Unless they decide to make game with Russian language only XD

Be very careful when doing this -- locking Russian-keyed games to Russian-language-only is one of the standard techniques Steam and various publishers use to prevent the abuse of the market.

I'm sure it's already come up in this thread, but is Humble Bundle about to go out of business or what? This is the first time I can recall when they haven't had a weekly game bundle active.
Hardly. They had month long breaks all the time in the past and breaks since the weekly started too.

Though I am curious how well their business is doing even a difference between the bundles and the Store.

dex3108

Be very careful when doing this -- locking Russian-keyed games to Russian-language-only is one of the standard techniques Steam and various publishers use to prevent the abuse of the market.

That is one of the reasons that i will wait for release and not buy game before.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, Deus Ex Mankinded Divided for 37€ on GMG, hmm

I can't bring myself to pre-order this game until I know the quality of the PC version.
Too many different companies coming out with complete trash PC ports these days. Squeenix isn't exempted.

All major PC titles are now guilty of shit ports until proven innocent in my mind.

Grief.exe

I can't bring myself to pre-order this game until I know the quality of the PC version.
Too many different companies coming out with complete trash PC ports these days. Squeenix isn't exempted.

All major PC titles are now guilty of shit ports until proven innocent in my mind.

Nixxes is solid.

Been playing Slain. I die a lot (probably more than the average player does...again, because I'm impatient.) I pass a few levels, I feel accomplished...then I discover you only get achievements for beating a boss without losing any health or passing a level without dying.

I realize I'm probably never getting these achievements, ever. It's sad: if this game had no achievements at all I'd probably finish it and once I do, feel good about myself for beating a difficult game. But with them like this, I could finish the game and have just as many achievements as I do right now...in other words, beating the game won't make me feel accomplished because I wasn't good enough to do it perfectly...so why bother?

And I hate feeling that way, too: I know achievements are meaningless and they shouldn't matter, and yet, I feel hamstrung by them.

Nzyme32

Nixxes is solid.

Are they acutally doing this port? I am not good at finding out who is doing the PC versions of anything.

The are doing the port apparently, but I'm not sure where the confirmation is for that. There were framerate issues in one of the demos in July that PCgamer saw, but they said they give the benefit of the doubt after discussing the issue with the people there as it is still being worked on. Bigger issues to me are the locomotion system while in cover being controller focused / not making much sense with mouse and keyboard, and the crappy black screen pre-animiation for takedowns (both of which are on the consoles too.)

Performance wise, the only PC footage I've seen (as I assume the Xbox One is not running at 60fps) seemed pretty solid, but I didn't watch all of it to avoid spoilers

Also, as a massive Deus Ex (OG) fan, I decided to break the pre-order rule, mostly thanks to Steam refunds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom