• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
All books are before the events of the games (witcher 1 picks up soon after where the final book left off). And each game has a ton of references to the books, including the later ones. So yeah, I'd recommend reading them all first.

Shit, someone said only read the Last Wish before the first one. Guess I need to buy the other books off Kindle then.

Lomax

$2.80 for the Heroes III remake is a good enough price to just have it in my collection. More for the memory of all my great hours with the original version than anything.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Cool, thx. But in the inventory I don't see the 'Sell' button. At least not when clicking through my items, it's there when first loading for the first item and shows for like a millisecond after clicking on one after that but immediately disappears.

Pushed a small patch. It should be fixed now in 8.8.1. Will also give a chance for some users to test the new auto-update feature.

rtcn63

Also supposedly the film Prison (1987) influenced TEW, but having watched it, the similarities are fairly minor and even then, mostly aesthetic. Although it does star Vigo Mortensen and Lane Smith (Adventures of Lois and Clark).

Another film to watch (NOT RECOMMENDED UNLESS YOU'VE FINISHED THE GAME) is
eXistenZ (1999)

Funny you'd say that
I really like Ghosts
BLOPS3 campaign is so much worse than Ghosts it isn't even a contest

I thought Ghosts was terrible. And I'm someone who generally enjoys the COD campaigns every year. Not that I'd say the BLOPS 3 campaign was very good either. They clearly made it with co-op in mind so it got kind of painful at times playing solo at Hardened difficulty. Also Treyarch has this habit of using gimmicks like time travel, unreliable narrators and supernatural stuff that just generally make the BLOPS games corny.

y'all buyin' NMS?

Bought it. There's no reason to believe that the PC version will be bad but I will say that I'm very glad the refund option exists now.

Mozilla is the worst. Following their recommended practices, Enhanced Steam is being updated to comply with their new security settings.

Surprisingly, everything works great in Firefox 50. But 48 and 49, it still throws error messages.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, unfortunately, Enhanced Steam is probably going to suck a bit until Firefox 50 releases.

Man, thank you for this. It has been so long since a proper version of ES was available for FF. The Steam front page was painful to look at without the options to hide all the useless divs (curators and such).

$2.80 for the Heroes III remake is a good enough price to just have it in my collection. More for the memory of all my great hours with the original version than anything.

I seem to remember there was some controversy over this remake when it launched. Something along the lines of being a bad remaster or poor performance. Was that ever fixed or am I just crazy to remember something like that?

Arthea

I can't afford NMS, and it had no discount of any kind anywhere (PC version), I also would like to know how it runs on PC before buying, so yeah.
I probably will have to wait with LKS too, which is a shame.
Too many games.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Man, thank you for this. It has been so long since a proper version of ES was available for FF. The Steam front page was painful to look at without the options to hide all the useless divs (curators and such).

No problem man, any time.

The Firefox version was actually pretty simple to port from the Chrome version, now that I've got the build chain in place to handle it. All in all it took about an hour to complete, and most of that time was poking around looking for bugs and intentionally disabling a few features that aren't working yet in FF48 that caused the rest of the code to break. Everything worked right out of the box in FF50, so hopefully by the time that releases to the stable branch it should only take a few minutes to build.

jshackles

I hope they're fixing whatever they did to Family Sharing on new apps.

Apparently it's a coordinated DDoS attack

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I seem to remember there was some controversy over this remake when it launched. Something along the lines of being a bad remaster or poor performance. Was that ever fixed or am I just crazy to remember something like that?

Heroes III has two amazing expansion campaigns/DLC that are not included here: Armageddon's Blade and Shadow of Death. Both add LOTS of things to the base game Artifact Sets, random map generation, awesome campaigns and more. Additionally there are amazing mods and fan made campaigns and expansions to the original game - Wake of Gods and Horn of the Abyss that are great games in their own right. Again all of this extra stuff in incompatible with the HD version on Steam.

The omission of those two official expansions alone makes this not a good deal, especially since the Heroes III complete bundle exists on GOG, and there is full mod and update support there for it.

There is even a HD mod for original Heroes III that does a lot of the work you want without needing to pay for this subpar version on Steam. Check the GOG Forums for links to the Heroes III HD+ mod and the various mods that make the classic game work well on modern systems and resolutions. Don't get the Steam version.

Parsnip

That makes me curious - who did the Hitman PC version?

All signs seem to point to maybe IO doing it in-house.
But I don't actually know.
Considering the live nature of it, I imagine it's easier to keep it in-house.

Rm48ynz.png

This update is available for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Chrome users should see the extension update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes.

Note for Firefox users - you must manually update by redownloading the extension at http://www.enhancedsteam.com/download/. This version includes auto-update functionality for future releases. Additionally, some features of Enhanced Steam are not yet working with versions of Firefox less than version 50. For example, custom profile backgrounds and Early Access banners aren't working from steamcommunity.com pages. Most of these features are re-enabled by using Firefox 50 or above, or will be re-enabled at a future date.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

Woot!

shockdude

Rm48ynz.png

This update is available for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Chrome users should see the extension update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes.

Note for Firefox users - you must manually update by redownloading the extension at http://www.enhancedsteam.com/download/. This version includes auto-update functionality for future releases. Additionally, some features of Enhanced Steam are not yet working with versions of Firefox less than version 50. For example, custom profile backgrounds and Early Access banners aren't working from steamcommunity.com pages. Most of these features are re-enabled by using Firefox 50 or above, or will be re-enabled at a future date.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.
Oh hey, Firefox 48 came out. Let's see what I've missed...

...oh man that trading card quick-sale button is awesome.

rtcn63

Job interviews

Anyways, REV 2 Episode 2

I
took out Pedro. I know it's optional, but I had enough munitions and health to make a run at it. And main-ing Moira/Natalia seems the way to go, since you need to them to "see" items as well the whole being kinda immortal bit. I'll probably put more points into crowbar/brick damage when I can.

The AI is bad. Claire just stands there and shoots when the enemy is two inches in front of her. HES GOT A FUCKING ANVIL HAMMER.

Jawmuncher

So there still hasn't been like a official announcement for dead rising right? Like is there even a trailer? Seems like it leaked via trophies and was then just soft confirmed with the Xbox page going up after that.

Nillansan

That's what I was getting at. Rather odd that it's such a light release and confirmation. Dragons Dogma for PC had a bigger splash with its announcement style.

Oh okay, I see what you mean. They will probably make a bigger deal out of it closer to release, wbacon did say that all he can do at this point is to confirm its existence with more details to follow.

Lomax

It's missing the expansions and apparently runs poorly.The biggest thing is that other than some slight graphical upgrades it really has nothing to offer over the version on GoG which is the complete older version. That's why I've held off, in spite of it being an updating of probably my favorite game of all time, I doubt I'll ever actually play this version. But the bundle deal since I already own all of Heroes V was worth it to me just to have on Steam even if I never play it. I'll probably give it a shot at some point but I also have Heroes VII
on uPlay
that I got for $5 from Amazon that I haven't even tried yet.

rtcn63

Aren't like the DR2 games on PC... unstable. I see a lot of reports of the games crashing randomly.

Also I think Toilet Paper Go would be a big hit in certain South American countries. Sadly.

data

Holy shit, apparently version 4.3 of classic shell fucks up with your MBR. I installed it recently and haven't shut down my pc yet. I'm scared :[

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Aren't like the DR2 games on PC... unstable. I see a lot of reports of the games crashing randomly.

I played through both DR2s recently with zero crashes. The most serious issue I had was an infinite loading screen that required a temporary ini edit to get past. Fairly serious as far as bugs go, but also easily bypassed and singular.

Which isn't to say they wouldn't be crash happy for other folks but I was pretty happy with how the games performed.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Firaxis fixing up Civ VI a little

9MxKfPG.jpg

right looks substantially more like roosevelt; roosevelt was a great big bear of a man, certainly not slim, but neither was he morbidly obese. he was renowned for climbing rocks, played tennis every day, boxed very frequently every president. he played a game where he would stop while walking, point to a point in the distance, and try to get there by traveling in a straight line even if it meant climbing hills or mountains to do so. he was hefty, yes, but fit. while they're at it, the mustache is too long. he wore it down the side of his lip but no longer.

now, taft? he was fat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom