• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagamin

Man, watching Xenoblade's title screen reminds me I need to boot up that game again some time soon, I literally listen to the whole song every time I turn it on too. lol

kurahador

Co_tyGZUAAA4w2j.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/SpikeChunsoft_e/status/761087936037130241

If you guys love this game;

Vote for 428!!!

kagamin

Man I can't wait for October, and Yomawari seems like the perfect birthday present for myself, maybe I'll finally play a horror game this time.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
You needed to see the movie to figure that out, huh? Ah well. Live and learn.

Thats usually how that works is it not? I mean you can maybe get a feeling if something could be for you or not after seeing trailers and so on... and sure, obvious Trash is obvious...

But movies like Suicide Squad? I have no clue if I like it or not without seeing it for myself, opinions of other people are also not really helpful imo

I give almost every movie that interests me a watch and form my own opinion

edit: that reminds me, I still have to see the new Star Trek

mp1990

Banned
It would play a lot better with M/K at least.
Controls were the least of the problems in AE. Not that they were good by any means, but it was doable. At least on PC someone could find a way to mod out the worst parts of the game.

If anything, though, Another Episode is basically filler if you don't care about the Danganronpa 3 animes (which I assume most of the thread don't), so even if Spike Chunsoft don't release it on Steam you guys won't be missing much.

Ludens

Banned
So I finally completed Suikoden 1. I took around 15 hours, I skipped a lot of stars because to take them, you need to farm items, increase your castle level, recruit other characters etc, and since I lost access to the good ending anyway, who cares.

I really pushed myself to end this game. I found it VERY boring, from the start to the end. The plot is awful and it's here just to give something to read to the player, it's filled with clichè, I save nothing of it. Characters are not fleshed out enough, 90% of them are here like collectibles/side quests and nothing more. I hated the fact you need to spend time to micromanage the inventory of each one of your character, often the game forces you with some characters and you need to go back to the castle, equip them (and if you have no money, farm them), sharpen their weapons, buy/equip runes, otherwise they are useless.

The good thing is, you can brute force the game because the difficulty is very easy, I pretty much healed only during the last boss fight (I was on level 62), for all remaining boss fights I just attacked until the enemy died, if he ended up on killing some of my characters, no problem, since the Hero had the best equipment receiving only a small amount of damage, it was very very hard to kill and I ended up several fights with only my hero alive.

I give the game a 6/10, my plan was to play Suikoden 2 right after this, but I think I'll take a pause. Mediocre at the best, I hope the sequel it's a totally different thing, otherwise I'll drop it if it will end up like this one.

AHA-Lambda

Ucchedavāda;212432844 said:
Thanks!

Are you signed in? I got 12 GBP initially, then signed in and removed the game from my cart. Then it changed to 9.79 GBP. Looks like that's how their member pricing scheme works ..

oh shit thanks! I thought I was signed in! XD

I get £9.79 now, may bite at that :)

Holy shit, apparently version 4.3 of classic shell fucks up with your MBR. I installed it recently and haven't shut down my pc yet. I'm scared :[
Woah! My decision to not immediately install Classic Shell but give Vanilla Win10 a chance was absolutely right o_o
Perfect. Makes really only sense for a Vanquish port seeing its big cult classic status.

Nzyme32

God I hate these ads for games on TV / web - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwSeerLyK2U

They totatally throw out the substance of the game, its score or even game footage, in favour of a CG shitty "action" trailer with some fucking cliche music slapped on that is supposed to be "trendy" but only serves to turn me away from the games.

I always associate that music with Xbox, since they use it so lavishly

I broke my MBR more than a year ago and I'm too lazy to fix it. All the tricks don't work and I'd have to wipe my win10 and win 8.1 partitions and start again from scratch and, yes, I'm too lazy for that. So I have to keep my original Win 7 disk in my drive and use it's bootmgr.

Mivey

They totatally throw out the substance of the game, its score or even game footage, in favour of a CG shitty "action" trailer with some fucking cliche music slapped on that is supposed to be "trendy" but only serves to turn me away from the games.
Deus Ex allows just too much variety to cover it all with one ad and stay consistent (without it being like 10 minutes long).
So maybe the next one will be an expensive CGI flick of Jensen crawling around through vents and digging around empty offices?

Roarer

Updated Windows 10 with the anniversary update. Now XCOM: Enemy Within won't run (which I had been playing just fine up until that point). The launcher would run, I could select either EW or EU and then the launcher would just reload. So I reinstalled the game and now Steam can't finish the installation once I try to run the game and just returns an error message: "The Steam servers are too busy to handle your request. Error Code (2)"

Tried validating the game cache, run as admin etc.

God I hate these ads for games on TV / web - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwSeerLyK2U

I always associate that music with Xbox, since they use it so lavishly
It's really only the music which is turning the trailer into garbage. What a terrible choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom