• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
God I hate these ads for games on TV / web - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwSeerLyK2U

They totatally throw out the substance of the game, its score or even game footage, in favour of a CG shitty "action" trailer with some fucking cliche music slapped on that is supposed to be "trendy" but only serves to turn me away from the games.

I always associate that music with Xbox, since they use it so lavishly

I figured back in like 2009 that everybody was done using Seven Nation Army for commercials but then everybody had to go discover The Black Keys.

I've never heard it used in a context that makes any sense.

Annubis

God I hate these ads for games on TV / web - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwSeerLyK2U

They totatally throw out the substance of the game, its score or even game footage, in favour of a CG shitty "action" trailer with some fucking cliche music slapped on that is supposed to be "trendy" but only serves to turn me away from the games.

TV ad.
Make the game look as much as possible as a hardcore shooter.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wok

I did not know the devs of Drifting Lands were also the devs of Transcripted.

CpBNigpWIAElQRJ.jpg

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Lawbreakers Alpha -- MB-3D1E02EF4065D407 - Taken by arts&crafts

"85 awards and nominations" - for a game that isn't even out yet. Just goes to show how useless awards are these days. It's probably for things like "best trailer" or "most anticipated game" as if trailers haven't burned people horribly before.

MadGear

Updated Windows 10 with the anniversary update. Now XCOM: Enemy Within won't run (which I had been playing just fine up until that point). The launcher would run, I could select either EW or EU and then the launcher would just reload. So I reinstalled the game and now Steam can't finish the installation once I try to run the game and just returns an error message: "The Steam servers are too busy to handle your request. Error Code (2)"

Tried validating the game cache, run as admin etc.

Same issue for me right now with DNF. I finished downloading it but every time I try to launch the game the installation process stops at 1% with the same error message. Quite a few people are affected by this right now.

Like most of the time, I never get an answer at the "I need a PC" thread so I leave this here:

Really contemplating about replacing my GTX 980 with the 1070. Just wanted to hear from guys if that's a wise move to make. I have a 1080p monitor but thinking of getting a 1440p in the near future.

Ascheroth

A bit over a day until Little King's Story. I hope it's as good as you guys said because seeing that I'm soon™ done with Trails SC it will have to last me until God Eater.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I want to buy the Hotline Miami 2 soundtrack, and it looks like Steam is the only place where it's sold. However, the Steam page says that I have to own the game to be able to get the soundtrack. Is that right? I don't want to spend $15 on it and then not be able to download it or listen to it. I own the game on PS4. Thanks in advance for any help.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Picked up a Clive Barker's Jericho key on G2A. Scammed of course.

The keys I gave away I got them from Kinguin at $3.27 and $1.11 if you put the buyer's protection. Didn't get any notifications/pms from the winners of them working bad or being already used so you may try your luck there.

Grief.exe

You got scammed or the dev got scammed?

I deal with G2A occasionally to pick up games that were removed from Steam. Picked up a copy of Duke Nukem recently. Jericho has been removed from Steam, but the seller sold me a key that has already been activated. So the seller scammed me.

I did pick up the G2A shield since the seller's profile looked questionable, but it's not immediately clear how to dispute the issue. I clicked on invalid key and it says to click some non-existent button labelled 'scan.'

Sarcasm

I want to buy the Hotline Miami 2 soundtrack, and it looks like Steam is the only place where it's sold. However, the Steam page says that I have to own the game to be able to get the soundtrack. Is that right? I don't want to spend $15 on it and then not be able to download it or listen to it. I own the game on PS4. Thanks in advance for any help.

I believe that is how the developers/publishers (not steam) set it up.

Also if you buy the game + OST you can't really lose the OST. Doesn't mean you can't back it up.

The keys I gave away I got them from Kinguin at $3.27 and $1.11 if you put the buyer's protection. Didn't get any notifications/pms from the winners of them working bad or being already used so you may try your luck there.

The key I won redeemed and is still in my library, haven't played it yet though.

rtcn63

REV2

1) Natalia reminds me of a treasure goblin from Diablo 3
2) Barry should've brought more than three guns and a handful of bullets to rescue his daughter. I mean, it's ooba robos and his daughter.
3) Automatic variants of weapons aren't as useful since they do so much less damage and often have less space to equip customized parts. On normal, bullets are plentiful enough though so switching to them exclusively is viable.

Alternate ending scenario

Natalia is just a figment of Barry's imagination, created from the fear of losing Moira as well Polly's death during the gun incident. Polly doesn't die, but if she did the ending could work.

rtcn63

Being married to someone who thinks videogames are mankind's worst invention can be trying at times.

I remember watching an episode of Judge Mathis or something, and the wife hated that the husband would spend his free time playing video games. Even though he worked a full time job, took care of the bills, wasn't an ass, etc. The judge thought she was being unreasonable as fuck.

Phinor

Little tidbit from the latest UWP Defense Brigade thread:

microsoft is also locking down drivers even further:

So does this have an effect for devices that haven't had driver updates in years, devices that only work with drivers people have modified themselves because the company is not capable of releasing working drivers and wants to drive customers to new products, devices that haven't existed in five years but people still have and need to use?

Because all of that applies to me.

fantomena

I deal with G2A occasionally to pick up games that were removed from Steam. Picked up a copy of Duke Nukem recently. Jericho has been removed from Steam, but the seller sold me a key that has already been activated. So the seller scammed me.

I did pick up the G2A shield since the seller's profile looked questionable, but it's not immediately clear how to dispute the issue. I clicked on invalid key and it says to click some non-existent button labelled 'scan.'

Maybe not using sites like G2A is for the better?

Knurek

So does this have an effect for devices that haven't had driver updates in years, devices that only work with drivers people have modified themselves because the company is not capable of releasing working drivers and wants to drive customers to new products, devices that haven't existed in five years but people still have and need to use?

Because all of that applies to me.

If I understand the exceptions part listed on the information page, than it should only apply to new drivers.
Don't hold me to that though.

Being married to someone who thinks videogames are mankind's worst invention can be trying at times.

I feel you, really.

Fortunately, wife does not fit that description. It's the other way around, in fact, as she's a gamer as well. But lots of people around my, even my dearest ones are just like that. It's depressing because it's just impossible to make them understand what gaming is actually all about. All they know and accept are video games is the epitome of all things evil and the worst thing that ever happened to the history of human civilization.

I remember watching an episode of Judge Mathis or something, and the wife hated that the husband would spend his free time playing video games. Even though he worked a full time job, took care of the bills, wasn't an ass, etc. The judge thought she was being unreasonable as fuck.

Good guy judge confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom