• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The key I won redeemed and is still in my library, haven't played it yet though.
If you get issues to launch the game install the physx files from the game folder since I think they are different from the modern ones. I had to do that the first time I ran the game but after that installation it has been smooth sailing.

Hektor

When it comes to delisted games you kinda don't get a lot of options

Yea, had to get my copy of RTH:R from one of these kinda sites.
#NORAGRETS tho

6U3VXyh.png

snacknuts

we all knew her
Being married to someone who thinks videogames are mankind's worst invention can be trying at times.

I used to be with someone like this and it was annoying. Who is she to judge my hobbies? My wife now usually doesn't mind watching me play, and is happy that I am home and with her instead of running around at bars or dumping tons of cash into restoring old cars or something.

Grief.exe

Maybe not using sites like G2A is for the better?

Sure, but if I personally wouldn't use it, too paranoid about sites like G2A.

Since the games are delisted, there is no gray area argument for developers not being properly reimbursed. I don't use these sites for legitimate games, but for delisted games it's irrelevant.

Buying that when it was so sale for like $2.50 was one of my best purchases ever

It's still Ride to Hell though.

Buying a copy of Wolfenstein when Activision put that up For sale before delisting would have been a good choice.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Turnover #3 -- MB-26CAEDC87A8B6CB0 - Taken by Sarcasm. 6 entrants total.
Turnover #2 -- MB-959ADAF1CDC30EE2 - Taken by r3n4ud. 14 entrants total.
Turnover -- MB-821039BAB0B2C5C8 - Taken by Diedac. 11 entrants total.

t1470411333z1.png

Hey, I need to make about 14 more cents to buy something on steam and I'm out of cards to idle. What is more likely to get me a drop in an evening of play I can sell? Team Fortress 2, CS:Go, or Dota 2?

Grief.exe

I got a PM from GAFer Tomasety pointing me to an Amazon copy that activates on Steam. Must still have some left over keys they purchased prior to delistng.

Tomasety said:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CIBAZOU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

$ 4 99 Steam

I'm sorry to read you got scammed on G2A. I don't like G2A though but I can't pretend everybody doesnt like it either

3tsR87d.png

SLIIIIICK.

Nice breh.

Hey, I need to make about 14 more cents to buy something on steam and I'm out of cards to idle. What is more likely to get me a drop in an evening of play I can sell? Team Fortress 2, CS:Go, or Dota 2?

It's based on statistics, so it's irrelevant.

Roarer

Same issue for me right now with DNF. I finished downloading it but every time I try to launch the game the installation process stops at 1% with the same error message. Quite a few people are affected by this right now.

Huh, saw some people playing Civ that had the same issue. Weird that it seems to be 2K games having this issue...

I feel you, really.

Fortunately, wife does not fit that description. It's the other way around, in fact, as she's a gamer as well. But lots of people around my, even my dearest ones are just like that. It's depressing because it's just impossible to make them understand what gaming is actually all about. All they know and accept are video games is the epitome of all things evil and the worst thing that ever happened to the history of human civilization.

You're lucky, can't even imagine what it's like to play games with your wife.
The mindset that games are for children is still strong where I live.
It gets to a point where you feel guilty about it.
Well, I'll play with my son when he's a bit older :)

Ask Steam for a refund

Wife not waifu

Lol

Grief.exe

It's interesting reading that interview because he suggests to turn the microphone off, but if you read the interview they awkwardly change to a completely different subject.

I would argue they actually talked about Platinum PC ports for a bit, then resumed the interview.

The first of presumably one million Stellaris DLCs is live now

Haven't even gotten around to starting this game which I pre-ordered :(

You're lucky, can't even imagine what it's like to play games with your wife.
The mindset that games are for children is still strong where I live.
It gets to a point where you feel guilty about it.
Well, I'll play with my son when he's a bit older :)
I would say my wife tolerates my game playing. I just make sure I deal with any of my responsibilities first before playing so I don't have to feel bad. If I'm neglecting things I need to do just so I can play, I can see an argument against it.

I just playing The Witness with my wife and she actually seemed to like it, that was a pretty cool experience.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

1hFaqwB.png
Sacred 3 First Edition DLC PSN EU -- MB-164A9F8883549679 - Taken by Rellik
1hFaqwB.png
Risen 3 Titan Lords DLC Collection PSN EU -- MB-BDDE8BB005523469 - Taken by thejason40

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Updated Windows 10 with the anniversary update. Now XCOM: Enemy Within won't run (which I had been playing just fine up until that point). The launcher would run, I could select either EW or EU and then the launcher would just reload. So I reinstalled the game and now Steam can't finish the installation once I try to run the game and just returns an error message: "The Steam servers are too busy to handle your request. Error Code (2)"

Tried validating the game cache, run as admin etc.

Do you have a Nvidia GPU? The Win10 update disabled Geforce Experience and Nvidia Control Panel for me. I don't now if it's connected but it might be worth a try:

1. download the latest driver
2. use DDU to uninstall the old driver (in safemode)
3. Restart
4. Install new driver

I would say my wife tolerates my game playing. I just make sure I deal with any of my responsibilities first before playing so I don't have to feel bad. If I'm neglecting things I need to do just so I can play, I can see an argument against it.

I just playing The Witness with my wife and she actually seemed to like it, that was a pretty cool experience.

I only play after my son is sleeping and all the chores are done.
My wife then watches tv (telenovelas you'd have to pay me to watch) so I just do some gaming for about 45-60 minutes.
It's taking me 3-6 months to finish a rpg these days even when playing it almost exclusively, unless it's on handheld.

Knurek

Good thing Microsoft forces all of us to update to Anniversary Update.
Because, obviously, there's nothing that can go wrong during the process.

Yakkue

So I finally completed Suikoden 1. I took around 15 hours, I skipped a lot of stars because to take them, you need to farm items, increase your castle level, recruit other characters etc, and since I lost access to the good ending anyway, who cares.

I really pushed myself to end this game. I found it VERY boring, from the start to the end. The plot is awful and it's here just to give something to read to the player, it's filled with clichè, I save nothing of it. Characters are not fleshed out enough, 90% of them are here like collectibles/side quests and nothing more. I hated the fact you need to spend time to micromanage the inventory of each one of your character, often the game forces you with some characters and you need to go back to the castle, equip them (and if you have no money, farm them), sharpen their weapons, buy/equip runes, otherwise they are useless.

The good thing is, you can brute force the game because the difficulty is very easy, I pretty much healed only during the last boss fight (I was on level 62), for all remaining boss fights I just attacked until the enemy died, if he ended up on killing some of my characters, no problem, since the Hero had the best equipment receiving only a small amount of damage, it was very very hard to kill and I ended up several fights with only my hero alive.

I give the game a 6/10, my plan was to play Suikoden 2 right after this, but I think I'll take a pause. Mediocre at the best, I hope the sequel it's a totally different thing, otherwise I'll drop it if it will end up like this one.

Why did you decide to finish it? 6/10 seems fairly high for a game you didn't seem to enjoy at all :)

Nzyme32

Seems to be a lot of laziness in the whole reporting of the Platinum Games interview and details about possible games coming to PC, so here's the bit that's interesting - hopefully more than Vanquish

THE FUTURE OF PLATINUM GAMES

KOTAKU: It’s long been that the Japanese games industry has been centered around consoles. But you’ve just mentioned how you are interested in releasing titles on PC. Do you think the Japanese game industry has changed regarding PC?

INABA: Perhaps. But to be honest, we’re good friends with Valve and often go to their studio. We go there, hang out, talk about many different things, and we are very interested in Steam and would definitely like to release games on Windows. Right now, we’re at a place in which publishers ask us to make titles. So, if the publisher doesn’t want to release a PC version, then there won’t be a PC version. It really comes down to that.

AARON: Is there any possibility that Vanquish will get a PC version?

KOTAKU: It would be a good idea to release Vanquish on PC.

INABA: (smiling) Hrm. I wonder... If you stop recording, I can talk about that. (laughs)

KOTAKU: Platinum Games is very much a global game studio. If you compare Platinum to, say, your typical Japanese studio, Platinum seems very different.

INABA: Thank you very much.

KOTAKU: Like, in Japan, there really aren’t that many game companies that say they want to make PC versions.

INABA: That certainly seems to be true. I think the reason for that is that in Japan, the PC versions don’t sell much. Outside Japan, they do, but within the country, they do not. But, if you look aboard, everyone is playing on the PC. It’s something you cannot ignore.

KOTAKU: So, do you think because Platinum Games has had the opportunity to hang out at Valve that there has been some kind of influence?

INABA: Well, when we go to Valve, they’re always showing us new things, such as Steam VR while it was still in development. It was quite impressive.

KOTAKU: So for you, someone who has wanted to make games since he was a child, what do you think of mobile games?

INABA: Since I want to make [game] software, I think even smartphones are a wonderful platform. I’d like to make things that run on it. However, I think it’s a platform that is still being worked out. I think after a number of years, as a platform it will come into its own.
I think increasingly it will become such that only the very best stuff survives and the stuff that isn’t quite up to snuff will die off....We’re definitely interested in mobile. We also think if you put games out on Steam and whatnot, you can do interesting things. We’d like to do that.

Ludens

Banned
Why did you decide to finish it? 6/10 seems fairly high for a game you didn't seem to enjoy at all :)

Because I bought it and...because I want to play Suikoden 2. I was VERY tempted to drop it near the end, when I was missing just a couple of hours, but I decided to resist and take it off from my backlog, so now I can finally try the (supposed) masterpiece.

Aladdin, the SNES game? I remember playing that game when it came out. Couldn't beat it.

Maybe it'll be like Hook: too hard as a little kid, a lot easier a few years later.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Lawbreakers #2 -- MB-266B02506E26EDF4 - Taken by MadGear
Lawbreakers #3 -- MB-CB161E5F6B4BEB80 - Taken by Madridista
Lawbreakers -- MB-7845DA1B34178EBE - Taken by OmarYusaf
Lawbreakers #4 -- MB-314FC84ADA48B271 - Taken by fifasnipe2224
Savage Resurrection -- MB-2748C2BC51B09CEE - Taken by Jalal

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Commander: Conquest of the Americas Gold -- MB-44D98F1E0B372115 - Taken by Goldensun_it

GIVE ME VANQUISH OR GIVE ME DEATH

I will also accept Bayonetta. Just... Please, allow infinite resolutions and not force me to change the desktop resolution for it.

Grief.exe

GIVE ME VANQUISH OR GIVE ME DEATH

I will also accept Bayonetta. Just... Please, allow infinite resolutions and not force me to change the desktop resolution for it.

Platinum cotinually improves their PC ports with each release, so I would assume they will get better. Of course, it may be difficult as Platinum also likes to create a static UI and anchor the position, and not scale it to resolutions like most developers. Which may be difficult as this was initially a console game designed for locked resolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom