• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragon Quest 8 AND for free.
Since we're not getting the game on Steam either way... :(

Why aren't we getting the game on Steam?
It's not called Final Fantasy for one. Square only seems to want to bring that series to PCs. Dragon Quest is for cellphones and 3DS owners. :\

Oh neat! I'm planning on getting a nivida shield to my cable box, this'll be nice to play on it since i never actually got to play it before. I was waiting for the 3ds version but I think I'll just stick to this one.

Kaleinc

Banned
I only play after my son is sleeping and all the chores are done.
My wife then watches tv (telenovelas you'd have to pay me to watch) so I just do some gaming for about 45-60 minutes.
It's taking me 3-6 months to finish a rpg these days even when playing it almost exclusively, unless it's on handheld.
That's a match made in heaven. She has to force you to watch telenovelas for free and you force her to play games :p

Ludens

Banned
Dragon Quest 8 AND for free.
Since we're not getting the game on Steam either way... :(

Why aren't we getting the game on Steam?
It's not called Final Fantasy for one. Square only seems to want to bring that series to PCs. Dragon Quest is for cellphones and 3DS owners. :\

Noooooooooooo, another jrpg I never played, but this time it's on Amazon so I can play it on my Kindle Fire. Help, I'm getting buried by jrpgs.
Anyway, the interesting thing is, DQVIII is the first SE title released on Amazon, maybe we are getting all those F2P FF games too.

Ludens

Banned
Chibi style for jRPGs isn't uncommon lately.
Besides FF's sprites originated chibi style so they're basing the models on those.

I didn't know origina sprites inspired chibi style, I don't like it :S

Anyway, do you know what happened to the F2P FF game inspired to Type 0 which should release on Win 10?

I'd love World of Final Fantasy on PC

It will come, they said it's console exclusive, so it will come later.

Why are you posting a screen from a spin-off and not FF15?

You're right, sorry.

9cnKu2G.jpg

BD is not great. Combat boils down to "store battle points, use battle points" (the bosses are designed around you unleashing your payload all at once) and then there's the campaign itself...

I never played Bravely Default but I did play Bravely Second and found it a lot of fun. I never really did use Defaulting too much, though...

Nzyme32

Yeah outside of ports their commitment to PC gaming is odd. I'm not even saying everything needs to be on steam. But their current yhandlin is still off

They don't care about supporting PC gaming as a whole, as in all the vendors, all the ecosystems, the competition that comes from that, the innovations that are both in MS interests and not, interoperability of features etc. The idea here isn't to be supportive, but purely to push Xbox Live as if it is somehow useful to PC gaming when it only serves those with Consoles. For PC gamers without an Xbox or connection to that ecosystem, you get nothing of value and shoddier services that seem to be conceived with no notion of what PC gamers existing in multiple services / ecosystems need

wtf how do i fix this

I have no idea. Perhaps attempt to remove the skin. Just be glad you got anything. There are worse stories.

Guardian

Banned
Hey guys, just got my account approved! Been lurking for a while.

Does anyone know when No Man's Sky pre-load will be available?

Tellaerin

Actually, those are real figures.
Would that not be copyright infringement or something?

Also, I think the poster on the left is official art (Haruhi?).

Isn't this being worked on by a Chinese dev? Their concepts of IP and copyright have always been a little porous. >.>

Maybe they can pass it off as parody and get a fair use exemption or something.

Adnor

Banned
Goddamnit it looks like the Quake Champions presentation will not be streamed, only for attendees at QuakeCon.

People are already cynical about this game because of the hero component, Bethesda, this will only make it worse.

Annubis

Isn't this being worked on by a Chinese dev? Their concepts of IP and copyright have always been a little porous. >.>

Maybe they can pass it off as parody and get a fair use exemption or something.

Well... it's a blatant (NSFW and use NoScript)magazine scan(NSFW and use NoScript) =/

Only if you're gonna snitch.
Are you gonna snitch?
Who gonna snitch I need to know.

Well, I snitched. Wonder if the report function actually does something or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom