• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadGear

It is rare that I don't find anything appealing about a game during its first hour but DNF really doesn't feel like a good game so far at all. I knew that this one wasn't that well received but I didn't expect it to feel this dull. I hope it picks up a bit.

Me and my friend also just bought Hunted The Demons Forge. I'm glad this game is old enough to still have LAN support so we can play this coop using Hamachi (its been a while since I used this).

rtcn63

The premise looks like every 'deep' sci-fi game set in space from the past five years. BUT if the gameplay is fun I'm in.

d4dk7k2.png

What a tease.

OK so what was the original Prey 2 footage? I've seen people say hundreds of times how it's better than anything.

If the devs abandoned something it's usually because it's not working, not because they want to spite everyone.

Grief.exe

OK so what was the original Prey 2 footage? I've seen people say hundreds of times how it's better than anything.

If the devs abandoned something it's usually because it's not working, not because they want to spite everyone.

Considering that opinion, my guess is you are not aware of the situation.

mp1990

Banned
I downloaded the free version for my iPhone

I thought I was a somewhat smart person...apparently I was wrong about that

Do anyone here managed to go through it by any means besides trial and error? This is such an common complain that I'm starting to lean towards thinking that the game is obtusely difficult on purpose and we're not all dumb as hel lol. Granted, I played it for around 30 minutes so maybe later in the game you start to get the hang of it.

So if someone gifts someone else a game and they get VAC banned the original sender can't send that game to anyone else ever? Seems pretty shitty. I feel like Valve keeps changing shit that punishes everyone rather than handling the issues when they actually occur. There's the two hour wait for card drops if you've got a refund, the 15 day market hold, now this.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I downloaded the free version for my iPhone

I thought I was a somewhat smart person...apparently I was wrong about that

I'm honestly surprised that I'm enjoying it as much as I am. I tried one of the star levels and have absolutely no idea what to do.

Do anyone here managed to go through it by any means besides trial and error? This is such an common complain that I'm starting to lean towards thinking that the game is obtusely difficulty on purpose and not that we're all dumb as hel loll. Granted, I played it for around 30 minutes so maybe later in the game you start to get the hang of it.

No, it's mostly trial and error mixed with a little luck
, and also a good dose of guides after getting stuck on levels for like 40 minutes

It doesn't get any easier later in the game, even the tutorials for mechanics introduced later on in the game can get pretty confusing.

Jawmuncher

I guess the initial Prey 2 reveal was so well done and compelling that this seems generic by comparison.

Still don't understand why they didnt just take that concept for their only. They own that series. They could have even soft rebooted it. Don't call it Prey 2 but still have it set after 1 and the same universe.
This is just looking like bioshock in space, which is fine. But that trailer wasn't showing much to sell anyone past that.

yuraya

Got through the underground lab level in STALKER SoC. Felt like I survived every single horror game ever made combined after getting out of that building. Had like 5% health remaining. No medkits. No food to eat. No antirads. No bandages. Didn't even have any vodka left. Walking all slow and exhausted avoiding last few areas with radiated dogs n shit just to get to the safe area.

That was some nightmare fuel. Fuck that place. Fuck that entire area.

Speevy

Banned
Thank you for your money that you spent on another user, effectively marketing our products for free.

They can't be killed in Souls though, so don't buy any more copies of Dark Souls.

Just don't ever gift anything to anyone to be on the safe side

Actually, scratch that, better make sure you get rid of all of your friends, too. If they cheat, you might cheat sometime in the future, so it's best to just ban everyone who's ever known anyone who's cheated.

They'll just start with checking friends, but eventually they'll do friends of friends recursively, until anyone who's ever had a friend gets banned as well. Lone wolf is the only safe option.

Stay safe, friendly SteamGAF.

Momentary

Banned
After 5 years of waiting to get a house to have a desktop... It's finally about to start! Parts are coming in. We're closing on the house on the 15th and I won't be back from training until the 22nd. So I'll probably start the build that weekend or earlier. Damn what a awesome month!

There's a bunch a games on STEAM I've been holding off on playing just because I couldn't deal with how my laptop performed. Time to crush that AAA backlog. This will probably get used more for work than play though :(

$2.80 for the Heroes III remake is a good enough price to just have it in my collection. More for the memory of all my great hours with the original version than anything.

Agreed. It's cheap enough and refundable if there are performance problems. Less content than the complete GOG version, but for the price it's worth it. I might end up getting the GOG version when it goes on sale next if the HD version doesn't satisfy.

rtcn63

Both REV2 and TEW seem to have their "actual" difficulty one above standard. On normal I'm swimming in bullets in REV2, although unlike previous RE games, enemies don't drop anything upon death (customized parts/skill points specifically), not even mini-bosses. So it's a waste to shoot them if you don't have to. Even then, it doesn't take much to down one. A shotgun + damage parts + weaponized throwables = quick and painful death.

Now with REV2 you can switch to hard mode any time, but I'm already 3/4ths of the way in, so maybe I'll wait to do it on a "got all my gear and shit" run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom