• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my Windows 10 computer regularly wakes up in the middle of the night. Why could be the culprit? A virus? Let us find out with powercfg /lastwake and powercfg /waketimers, as shown here.

So the culprit is unknown, but at least I can rule out a mysterious intruder or a cat. To be continued...

I once had that problem and it was related to the settings of the wireless network card.

dex3108

So my Windows 10 computer regularly wakes up in the middle of the night. Why could be the culprit? A virus? Let us find out with powercfg /lastwake and powercfg /waketimers, as shown here.

So the culprit is unknown, but at least I can rule out a mysterious intruder or a cat. To be continued...

Try to find in settings your Ethernet card and find option that prevents it to wake up PC. I really don't remember where exactly is that option.

JarrodL

Geez at the Quantum Break pc performance thread. Apparently the new 12GB Titan X is only maybe barely enough to allow for smooth 1080p60 play on max settings. They really did just compile that thing from xbox into UWP for Windows without any optimization whatsoever, didn't they?

Wok

weird, try unplugging everything and see if it still happens?

my brother's pc can't be turned off unless the ethernet cable is disconnected, computers are sometimes really dumb

I once had that problem and it was related to the settings of the wireless network card.

Try to find in settings your Ethernet card and find option that prevents it to wake up PC. I really don't remember where exactly is that option.

Actually, it was in hibernate mode, but I don't know whether it could explain this strange behavior: from a user perspective, "hibernate mode" is akin to switching the computer off.

header.jpg

In case anyone wants to play...

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Se7enSword
3 - redlacs
4 - dickroach
5 -
6 -

t1470405600z0.png

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Indie Gala "The Dharker Studio Bundle"

Pay $1 or more to get these Steam games + DLC

Sword of Asumi - Deluxe Edition (STEAM) +
Echo Tokyo: Intro (STEAM)
Echo Tokyo - Wallpapers (STEAM)
Echo Tokyo: Graphic Novel #1 (STEAM)
Highschool Possession (STEAM)

Pay $2.99 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get all 7 Steam Games + DLCS

Highschool Romance (STEAM) +
Club Life (STEAM) +
Club Life - Soundtrack (STEAM)
Beach Bounce Remastered (STEAM) +
Beach Bounce - Soundtrack (STEAM)
Divine Slice of Life (STEAM) +
Divine Slice of Life - Soundtrack (STEAM)

https://www.indiegala.com/dharker

Animu!

Parsnip

weird, try unplugging everything and see if it still happens?

my brother's pc can't be turned off unless the ethernet cable is disconnected, computers are sometimes really dumb
Well maybe don't unplug everything. Keep the power plug in at least.

After 5 years of waiting to get a house to have a desktop... It's finally about to start! Parts are coming in. We're closing on the house on the 15th and I won't be back from training until the 22nd. So I'll probably start the build that weekend or earlier. Damn what a awesome month!

There's a bunch a games on STEAM I've been holding off on playing just because I couldn't deal with how my laptop performed. Time to crush that AAA backlog. This will probably get used more for work than play though :(
What a monster. Nice case as well. You gonna wall-mount it?
Well, that took forever...

http://robotbrush.com/corrosivefrost/dr3.200k.webm
--
Good thing it'll be at least 9 or so years before we get that last DLC. Maybe I'll have 100%'ed DR4 by then.
Congrats. Must have been a massive grind. I like how the explosion ripped your clothes off lol

Already posted? Anyway this is crappy. If I gift a game to a dude who gets banned, I won't be able to gift that game again. Valve really does what they want, first the family share thing, now this.

This is just the beginning.

*evil laughs + appropriate backsound

Tizoc

Already posted? Anyway this is crappy. If I gift a game to a dude who gets banned, I won't be able to gift that game again. Valve really does what they want, first the family share thing, now this.
It is not just ny game
It is games that feature valve anti-cheat only if not primarly

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I get their reasoning but there has to be a better way.

It seems heavy-handed but I don't think there's an elegant solution to the problem of people creating alt accounts for the purpose of continuing to cheat. There should be a cooldown on the gifting ban, though (say, three months).

Already posted? Anyway this is shitty. If I gift a game to a dude who gets banned, I won't be able to gift that game again. Valve really does what they want, first the family share thing, now this.

The Family Sharing thing is just a new restriction for unreleased apps. It doesn't actually change anything for regular users as unreleased games have never been shareable, even with a release state override on the sub. Of course, this does raise the question of why Valve decided to apply the exfgls flag to unreleased apps and the only answer I can come up with is that dev subs in particular acted differently.

Messiah

Mystery Chronicles: One Way Heroics releasing next month and being only 9.99$ + 10% launch discount is amazing news. Thought it would be more expensive.

mp1990

Banned
Arkham Knight worth €7.5?
(I liked what I played of Asylum and City)
If they fixed the issues with performance, I guess? I liked back when I played it but in hindsight it has tons of problems and it's by far the weakest in the series.

Regginator

Arkham Knight worth €7.5?
(I liked what I played of Asylum and City)

Yes. The best one in terms of graphics and gameplay, but I found the story to be extremely underwhelming/not in line of what I expected, and it also by far has the weakest side quests. But worth the €15 I spent on it, so €7,50 would be even more so.

It seems heavy-handed but I don't think there's an elegant solution to the problem of people creating alt accounts for the purpose of continuing to cheat. There should be a cooldown on the gifting ban, though (say, three months).
Yeah, this "automated" solution is more efficient and the "better way" I was thinking would require serious man-power. Understandable, just not optimal.

Although I'm not subscribed, seeing as how there hasn't been a bundle for the past two weeks, today's Monthly should be stacked but I'm going to guess it'll be a disappointment.

Although I'm not subscribed, seeing as how there hasn't been a bundle for the past two weeks, today's Monthly should be stacked but I'm going to guess it'll be a disappointment.

It better be, they charged me for it last week even though I was very careful to unsubscribe myself after the last one.

Lomax

I've been so pleased with the last few that this one almost certainly has to be a let down.

Also I had a dream last night that humble bundle said that valve doesn't like them bundling steam keys any more.

Parsnip

Looks like they added Japanese and Traditional Chinese into both Danganronpa games.
That's cool.

And a new elusive target in Hitman, this time back in Paris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom