• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSPssp

After 5 years of waiting to get a house to have a desktop... It's finally about to start! Parts are coming in. We're closing on the house on the 15th and I won't be back from training until the 22nd. So I'll probably start the build that weekend or earlier. Damn what a awesome month!

There's a bunch a games on STEAM I've been holding off on playing just because I couldn't deal with how my laptop performed. Time to crush that AAA backlog. This will probably get used more for work than play though :(

Congrats man! :) Also, that case looks awesome!

8GB RX 480 or 6GB GTX 1060???

I don't really think there's a right or wrong choice between those...look at benchmarks for games you're interested in (if they are available) and see which performs better

also factor in the price...so it just goes down to what you are comfortable with

I'd probably say the 1060 but I'd imagine the 480 would work great for you as well

I would honestly not get the 1060..bump it to 1070 and then ask. If it is about money, then wait.

The 1070 is considerably better than the RX 480 and about twice the price I think? I was just comparing those two because they both are in the $250-$300 range.

I don't really think there's a right or wrong choice between those...look at benchmarks for games you're interested in (if they are available) and see which performs better

also factor in the price...so it's just goes down to what you are comfortable with

Yeah that's probably the smartest way of going about it.

EDIT: I'm going from a 7850, so any of these will be like an extra 3 or 4 gamecubes worth terafoppin.

GTX 1060 seems like a slightly better buy but then again AMD is life so I'm in for a tough decision.

The 1070 is considerably better than the RX 480 and about twice the price I think? I was just comparing those two because they both are in the $250-$300 range.

EDIT: I'm going from a 7850, so any of these will be like an extra 3 or 4 gamecubes worth terafoppin.

another thing you could do is wait and see if any games get bundled with either the 480 or 1060 by the time you want to make a purchase...because that way you could possibly get a game you wanted for free or just sell the code off and make some money back on your purchase

Decided to try and play mafia 2 again as the first time I tried it wouldn't even start. It worked this time so I put about an hour into and the world seems pretty decent so far

another thing you could do is wait and see if any games get bundled with either the 480 or 1060 by the time you want to make a purchase...because that way you could possibly get a game you wanted for free or just sell the code off and make some money back on your purchase

Yeah it will be a few weeks until I order it so I'll keep an eye out on that, Watch Dogs 2 will surely be bundled eventually!

rtcn63

Yeah it will be a few weeks until I order it so I'll keep an eye out on that, Watch Dogs 2 will surely be bundled eventually!

The 1060 cards are still OOS/backordered in most places, Nvidia doesn't need to bundle games. I wouldn't hold my breath until the holidays, if that.

Sarcasm

Depends on what your upgrading from. I personally. Like to keep it at cheap card level and run it until no more.

GTX 1060 seems like a slightly better buy but then again AMD is life so I'm in for a tough decision.

I live in Taiwan so my view of prices are a bit skewed.

Well, that took forever...

screenshot2016-08-04a1uuwp.png

http://robotbrush.com/corrosivefrost/dr3.200k.webm

--

Good thing it'll be at least 9 or so years before we get that last DLC. Maybe I'll have 100%'ed DR4 by then.

RX 470s just released reviews today and the AIB partner boards perform barely under a 480. Maybe check one of those out.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Turnover #3 -- MB-26CAEDC87A8B6CB0 - Taken by Sarcasm. 6 entrants total.
Turnover #2 -- MB-959ADAF1CDC30EE2 - Taken by r3n4ud. 14 entrants total.
Turnover -- MB-821039BAB0B2C5C8 - Taken by Diedac. 11 entrants total.

t1470411333z1.png

Accoun

Wish I could watch the QuakeWorld 1v1 tournament, but it's 7 AM and I just can't. 2 bo5 games left, which should be the most exciting. ;_;

Also salute to the caster, since he's in the same timezone as me AND he's been commenting for well over 10 hours (I don't remember if he said 13 or 16 and if he counted the 2h break, but it's quite a feat either way).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So... er... has GoG connect updated at all since launch? I know they added Surgeon Simulator like a week later, but I haven't seen anything in "unavailable games" in months and I'm not sure if they've added anything since that launch to unprivate my Steam profile to claim.

Yes, I realize this is the Steam thread but I have no clue what the latest GoG thread is and it's still semi-relevant

Good thing it'll be at least 9 or so years before we get that last DLC.

There was to be another DLC pack for it?

"to gift that game again"

So if you directly gift CS:GO and the gifted person is banned you can never gift that game again. You can still gift every other vac enabled game.

+ You're not VAC banned yourself. It only stops your gifting of that title. Seems reasonable in a way, even if it's kinda stupid.

It's happening brehs.

Dead Rising 1, Vanquish, and Little King's Story on PC, what a time to be alive.

And 428 if Twitter poll doesn't end up being thrown away by otome fans :")
And I'm willing to bet Asura or Okami is next. Or dare I imagine... Ghost Trick or God Hand :"")

Nabs

I am still confused about this gifting rule thing someone elaborate it for me please.

It's pretty simple. You can't store VAC enabled games in your inventory anymore. If you directly gift one to someone who then gets permanently banned, you won't be able to gift that game anymore.

So... er... has GoG connect updated at all since launch? I know they added Surgeon Simulator like a week later, but I haven't seen anything in "unavailable games" in months and I'm not sure if they've added anything since that launch to unprivate my Steam profile to claim.

Yes, I realize this is the Steam thread but I have no clue what the latest GoG thread is and it's still semi-relevant

There was to be another DLC pack for it?

+ You're not VAC banned yourself. It only stops your gifting of that title. Seems reasonable in a way, even if it's kinda stupid.
http://deadrising.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Ultra_Dead_Rising_3'_Arcade_Remix_Hyper_Edition_EX_+_α

Still not on PC, lame.

Tizoc

It's pretty simple. You can't store VAC enabled games in your inventory anymore. If you directly gift one to someone who then gets permanently banned, you won't be able to gift that game anymore.
Sorry but what counts as a vac enabled game?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Looking at how much Valve is struggling with CSGO's cheating problem and having recently delved into Overwatch's cheating forums, I've come to the startling realization that Pay To Win is alive and well in virtually all competitive online games. It's just offloaded to third party cheatware vendors.

It's also apparently impossible to ever fully stamp out or prevent so long as people have any kind of access to their own hardware and software.

So that's fun.

mrgone

Ooooooh ok
Got me worried for a second
Now let me check my wishlist...

It doesn't seem to affect games in the inventory prior to the policy change (assuming the restrictions are already in place), so you might still be able to find people trading/selling that stuff if that's what you're looking for.

It's kind of shocking just how many VAC enabled games there are, though. I knew a few third-party games were using it, but I wasn't expecting a 17 store page-long list. I guess a lot of it is DLC, but it's sill a big list!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-875FA51798849ECA - Taken by Tellaerin

Wok

So my Windows 10 computer regularly wakes up in the middle of the night. Why could be the culprit? A virus? Let us find out with powercfg /lastwake and powercfg /waketimers, as shown here.

So the culprit is unknown, but at least I can rule out a mysterious intruder or a cat. To be continued...

Kaleinc

Banned
So my Windows 10 computer regularly wakes up in the middle of the night. Why could be the culprit? A virus? Let us find out with powercfg /lastwake and powercfg /waketimers, as shown here.

So the culprit is unknown, but at least I can rule out a mysterious intruder or a cat. To be continued...
Win10 gives your PC nightmares that's why it wakes up at night.

Lulubop

Setsuna is mdiocre

Little king's story is kinda rpg-ish and releases soon
Ray gigant releases next week

Ray gigant looks pretty meh. Any like indie stuff? Even down for a roguelike/lite. Bored as fuck until Dues Ex and the fall games.

zkylon

zkylewd

weird, try unplugging everything and see if it still happens?

my brother's pc can't be turned off unless the ethernet cable is disconnected, computers are sometimes really dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom