• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valve adds new Steam gifting restrictions, to combat cheating

From the wording, it sounds like you'll still be able to save to your inventory games/software that are not VAC or Game Ban-enabled, as this is a move designed to curb cheating in multiplayer games. Valve explains:

"When a user is caught cheating, their Steam account is banned from playing multi-player on secured servers. This creates an incentive for people who cheat to stockpile copies of games on one account and to gift them to low value accounts where they can continue cheating. In response to this problem, Steam no longer allows users to purchase copies of VAC or Game Ban enabled games to their inventory. Additionally, if an account has directly gifted a game to other players who have been VAC or permanently Game Banned, then that account will lose the ability to gift that game.

"We’ve taken these steps to ensure the integrity of the multi-player experience for those participating in online gaming communities. We understand that the restrictions on buying to inventory may be inconvenient for some legitimate users, but we believe that these steps will reduce the number of cheaters you’ll play against. And that’s important in having an online gaming experience that’s fair and enjoyable for everyone."
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1327-WUJX-5722

Huh, didn't know they did this.

Does Batman Arkham Knight Premium Edition have all DLCs? I mean does the Season Pass include all DLCS? If not wich one aren't packed with the Season Pass?

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

The Ball -- MB-71B2C7E7E5D797B2 - Taken by Purkake4
PixelJunk Eden -- MB-AC355909589E0599 - Taken by Mackenzie 92

Have you checked SteamDB?

No. I don't know how to use it to check updates or whether it has all DLCs or something like that. Can you show me how to check if it contains all DLCs?

All I found is this page : https://steamdb.info/app/208650/

I can't find how to check if the Season Pass has all those DLCs.

Yes, the season pass includes everything.

Ok. Nice. Thank you. I bet the PS4 Premium Version has all DLCs too.

redlacs

header.jpg

In case anyone wants to play...

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Se7enSword
3 - redlacs
4 - dickroach
5 -
6 -

t1470405600z0.png

anyone else? 2v2 makes me sleepy

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Gift #2 -- MB-4C6718788003CC20 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Mystery Gift -- MB-94697697169C10B5 - Taken by bobnowhere

No, they are not Woodle Tree, but two games highly suggested by Ozium!

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Weapon Genius -- MB-74C33B1849BA16D7 - Taken by ussjtrunks
Nyctophobia -- MB-94C7D8EA545876BE - Taken by Purkake4
Freebie -- MB-622F40887CF0DE17 - Taken by Goldensun_it
Big Space Mess -- MB-3A95BE0BE601185D - Taken by drizzle
Hot Lead -- MB-16E8C19707981717 - Taken by illusionary

Games from Humble Cocaine Bundle!

Arkham Knight worth €7.5?
(I liked what I played of Asylum and City)

It's more Batman.

Better gameplay, nonexistent bosses (worse than City, better than Asylum), story is mostly as bad as past games with some bits that are way better.

Don't play it if you want a Metroid-lite experience like Asylum (which was never a true Metroid-like, but w/e).

It's the best Batman simulator on the market.

My advice is to never destroy communicators or control panels at the militia checkpoints so that they respawn, and just run around town taking them out however you like. I would've appreciated an entire mode just like that.

If I didn't experience semi-frequent hitching out in the city when launching the game, I could dicked around in the city forever

208650_2015-08-18_000ojo6u.jpg

I just finished Undertale last night.
I expected it to be more overrated than it was. Actually really liked it for the most part.

Not a fan of the fact that
I took the pascifist route the whole time but didn't get the good ending yet cause i missed some side quest friendship thing. The true ending like significantly different too. Games annoy me with those really strict paths you must follow for true ending.

Really unique approach though and stayed surprisingly fresh throughout.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Turnover #3 -- MB-26CAEDC87A8B6CB0 - Taken by Sarcasm. 6 entrants total.
Turnover #2 -- MB-959ADAF1CDC30EE2 - Taken by r3n4ud. 14 entrants total.
Turnover -- MB-821039BAB0B2C5C8 - Taken by Diedac. 11 entrants total.

t1470411333z1.png

Corpekata

Banned
I expected it to be more overrated than it was. Actually really liked it for the most part.

I took the pascifist route the whole time but didn't get the good ending yet cause i missed some side quest friendship thing. The true ending like significantly different too. Games annoy me with those really strict paths you must follow for true ending.

You can go back and do it, doesn't take too long.

There's really no way to get the True Pacifist ending the first time. Even if you befriended most of the cast, an additional section doesn't unlock until after getting the neutral ending first

mp1990

Banned
It's more Batman.

Better gameplay, nonexistent bosses (worse than City, better than Asylum), story is mostly as bad as past games with some bits that are way better.

Don't play it if you want a Metroid-lite experience like Asylum (which was never a true Metroid-like, but w/e).

It's the best Batman simulator on the market.

My advice is to never destroy communicators or control panels at the militia checkpoints so that they respawn, and just run around town taking them out however you like. I would've appreciated an entire mode just like that.

If I didn't experience semi-frequent hitching out in the city when launching the game, I could dicked around in the city forever

What made me like Arkham Asylum the most was that it's the only entry in the series that is analogue to Metroid Prime, in the sense that it's a well realized metroid-like in a 3D environment (with some reservations, like the upgrades having to be "acquired" with XP points and not through plataform challenges where you use your gadgets). The cramped map size also helps in making the progression feel more natural. In the sequels, even with all improvements made, I never managed to enjoy them as much. Not sure how to put my finger on it, but I assume that the open world approach caused that, since it made the game feel unnecessarily big for what it was trying to do, and it didn't feel like you were constantly making progress like in the former game.

Nzyme32

You can go back and do it, doesn't take too long.

There's really no way to get the True Pacifist ending the first time. Even if you befriended most of the cast, an additional section doesn't unlock until after getting the neutral ending first

Yeah as above. Seemed to make sense to me. Really enjoyed it. Shame the fans are so ridiculous that it kind of ruins how I remember the game

rtcn63

Yeah as above. Seemed to make sense to me. Really enjoyed it. Shame the fans are so ridiculous that it kind of ruins how I remember the game

Fans are the worst and best thing. People tend to hype stuff so much that when you finally do partake and it turns out to be okay to good, you're still all like "this shit still wasn't Thriller. Thriller. "

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Thought I fixed Steam by reinstalling it, but now it'll half load the store page. However if I search for games etc to buy they barely load or it's all text. WTF?

Definitely not my firewall

Give it another try. Definitely worth it.

Yeah, I definitely will.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Thought I fixed Steam by reinstalling it, but now it'll half load the store page. However if I search for games etc to buy they barely load or it's all text. WTF?

Definitely not my firewall

Yeah, I definitely will.

wtf

webpage is doing the same shit

derExperte

Saturn.de offers the PS4 version of Mighty No.9 for 10€ (and X1 Overwatch Origins 20€), tempting considering I could resell the disc....

Chrono.gg: Shelter 2 $4

Well, isn't that true for all of the above except for 7?

Debatable, I'll go with no except 8.0 and Vista before the first service pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom