• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phinor

Soma...thats actually really cool. will sub

edit: whew I had most of the august shit, glad I skipped that month

Indeed, lucky that I decided to skip this exact month because there was exactly 0 games of interest to me (already own full version of Blops 3). Next month is almost a lock for subscription, I want to try Soma.

What a carpy ass Monthly Bundle. Last month's MB was infinitely better because of KR0 and TIS-100.

That said, I'm gonna be a chump and sub to this upcoming month to get SOMA. So glad I didn't get it for half off when it was discounted.

Aurablade

I kinda wished I subscribed because I still need to get The Jackbox Party Pack 2. Subscribing this month for SOMA is tempting though.

mp1990

Banned
Someone here did praise Random Access Murder if I recall correctly though, I think it was Anteater or someguyinahat? Either way, it looks the most interesting of the bunch.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The Humble Originals have been tweeted out a week before the bundle launch. Gunmetal Arcadia Zero, Catgirl and Salad, and Disc World were all known.

oh wait those are the non-steam ones, nvm

Tizoc

I'll PM the extras keys to the respective winners
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Beach Bounce Remastered -- MB-B9823E7BA349E7B9 - Taken by Mackenzie 92
Club Life -- MB-A8A02174A9DD5D9F - Taken by dave is ok
Highschool Possession -- MB-839669395A466B6E - Taken by madjoki
Divine Slice of Life -- MB-4F2C08C58159D309 - Taken by GaussTek
Echo Tokyo -- MB-80A3C1BD884D3B98 - Taken by gaiadyne

Lomax

Jackbox makes it worth it for me. I want soma, but for some reason it says I need to pay. Despite having the 12 month sub.

There's a 12 month prepay sub? That might be a flaw in the system, you could probably email them and have them charge it for you.

Did the 12 month sub get you those early games before?

Always thought the early game was just for new subs but I'm probably wrong on that

You get the early game as soon as you commit to paying. So you can just let it ride out and bill at the normal time and you'll get it then, or have it charge on demand. That's the same if you're new or not.

Werd

Annoys me to open that pretty mediocre bundle's key page and have a full screen prodding me to buy the real version of CoD.

However I want SOMA so they got me again.

There's a 12 month prepay sub? That might be a flaw in the system, you could probably email them and have them charge it for you.

You get the early game as soon as you commit to paying. So you can just let it ride out and bill at the normal time and you'll get it then, or have it charge on demand. That's the same if you're new or not.

ok...wasn't sure how that worked...had always thought it was just a new subscriber thing

Jawmuncher

Did the 12 month sub get you those early games before?

Always thought the early game was just for new subs but I'm probably wrong on that
No clue, gonna try and get some answers

Do you pay 130 bucks up front with that sub? I think it only acts as a promise to pay for a year straight.
It seems like they just added it. First time I noticed it.

Ahh ok. But still then it should be a 11 dollar charge. It's asking for 12. I'll wait for support.

Lomax

ok...wasn't sure how that worked...had always thought it was just a new subscriber thing

In the beginning there was a new subscriber setup that was based on a previous month's game, but they seemed to realize that was dumb and switched to the "get a game in advance" model which is much better.

Doomedfool

Well, last months humble was a little disappointing for me, but still enough I was interested in to justify my $12. This month, however, is pretty damn meh :( Ah well, Soma has been pretty high on my wishlist, so I guess they probably have me for the next month, anyway.

I suppose I deserve what I get. lol

rtcn63

Arkham Knight worth €7.5?
(I liked what I played of Asylum and City)

It's basically those games but with more forced usage of the batmobile to solve puzzles. Driving is actually less disorienting than grappling everywhere, but overall you will feel like your every movement is scripted. An OK play if you're a big Bats fan. (I haven't completed it for the record)

Lomax

If Poi is actually good then I'll be happy enough with the bundle. Especially if I can flip some of the other stuff. Soma I'll definitely be flipping.

Wok

Quadrilateral Cowboy is open-source on the Internet.

Mind blendown.

Doesn't a source code kind of allow you to play the game for free if you're that savvy?

You'd be missing some assets, but still mindblendowing move from the dev.

The game is DRM-free anyway, so they really do not care about piracy, they trust the user.

Jawmuncher

lXVaACW.png

Doesn't a source code kind of allow you to play the game for free if you're that savvy?

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Hot Lead -- MB-16E8C19707981717

zkylon

zkylewd

Mind blendown.
why are some files capitalized and some files not capitalized

what kind of insane unregulated programming is this

you wouldn't need to be super savvy, really, specially since you get the visual studio solutions and stuff

but it's probably easier to pirate the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom