• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

I did not know there was such a thing, but apparently, there exists an annual conference of Myst fans. The Starry Expense (a Riven fan remake) is slowly showing some progress. There is a Twitch channel live right now: https://www.twitch.tv/mysteriumcon Hopefully, we get to see a release this year or next year. I enjoyed my time with realMyst, but I could not stand the slideshow style of Riven, I want real 3D to understand what is going on.

sNs95wr.png

Didn't even know about this, but Ozium pointed me towards Obduction on Steam, from the creators of Myst and Riven

I had no idea it existed but am now ridiculously interested. It releases on Aug 24th, so maybe that event will have some info on this.

Anyone know if GamesRepublic is legit? They've got Mankind Divided for $40, but if they're significantly "worse" than GMG (in terms of either slow delivery, or possibly grey/black market keys) it would still most-likely be best to get it for $45 from GMG.

So Shogun 2: Total War doesn't work when you have McAfee installed. I'm hoping the update to Windows 10 somehow fixed this issue.

I just want to waaagh!

Edit: Turns out it's the SiteAdvisor module (that is imbedded into browsers) whichs messes with Shogun 2's in-game browser somehow. Uninstalling SA fixes it. Odd, because I don't remember that issue when I first played...
Historic low for the DB Xenoverse Bundle that includes the season pass.

PL4v3.gif

Corpekata

Banned
Anyone know if GamesRepublic is legit? They've got Mankind Divided for $40, but if they're significantly "worse" than GMG (in terms of either slow delivery, or possibly grey/black market keys) it would still most-likely be best to get it for $45 from GMG.

They are legit but don't have experience with their speeds with keys for prepurchase games. I'd probably personally stick with GMG just for that. Even when GMG has been slow they've been good at communication or allowing refunds.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Annubis, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Beach Bounce Remastered -- MB-18FB459FE499EA8D - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 4 entrants total.
Divine Slice of Life -- MB-AE985C0BB66F1EC3 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Sword of Asumi Deluxe Edition -- MB-928CFEF056A4DB28 - Taken by illusionary. 2 entrants total.

t1470443592z1.png

Nzyme32

Fucking amazing - saw the Broken Age documentary stuff getting altered on Steam, and realised I never received the Documentary backers bluray I was supposed to get, so I emailed them, thinking they sent it to the wrong address since it must have been done in 2014

NOPE, still not finished - everyone is still waiting to receive them. Hahaha. Despite that though, Broken Age was worth backing. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

SEAN just confirmed August 12th worldwide release for PC NMS, adding 21:9 support right now..

pc8ks5d.png

best version fam

21:9 support is always good news, but still want to actually see the PC version to judge it.

rtcn63

Have a feeling the resolution is gonna be bad go hold the 60fps in the headset. Im not even sure the demo was 60fps.

Yeah the tech and performance are far behind that of the PC VR headsets, and from what I've read those still have a ways to go. And I'm not buying a Neo if I can help it.

They are legit but don't have experience with their speeds with keys for prepurchase games. I'd probably personally stick with GMG just for that. Even when GMG has been slow they've been good at communication or allowing refunds.

Basically what I was thinking. The extra $5 is worth it, I think, since GMG is pretty reliable in getting keys to people on time.

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (D3RANG3D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Sword of Asumi -- MB-23463039BB3FC98D - Taken by illusionary

:3

Nzyme32

These timed PS4 exclusives are getting out of hand.

In fairness, I'd rather have that than full on exclusives that withhold games that would work perfectly on PC (of course I'd rather they be on PC day and date). I kind of like the current PC motif of sitting in the background while the consoles duke it out over these "exclusives" with the excessive hype and marketing fanfare, and then PC swallows them up later on anyway. Death Stranding will be another fun one marketed up the arse constantly, and then PC will just have it pop up later

Grief.exe

SEAN just confirmed August 12th worldwide release for PC NMS, adding 21:9 support right now..

pc8ks5d.png

best version fam

Sounds like a plan, Friday releases are better and we get an objectively better game out of the wait.

Sony marketing seems like an obvious bet for the reason he has to be tight lipped about PC things.

I assumed it before, but he implicitly confirmed through the tweets that his hands were tied by Sony.

stuff

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Random Access Murder -- MB-B681D57EF3BBCE71 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 2 entrants total.
Starward Rogue -- MB-CEF2E975F0F9783C - Taken by Catshade. 8 entrants total.
The Jackbox Party Pack 2 -- MB-3CE55213AB42359C - Taken by Blu(e). 11 entrants total.
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut -- MB-4E76CD869B6427D8 - Taken by fertygo. 9 entrants total.

t1470455105z1.png

I've been waiting for years to play Little King's Story on PC, I am bummed to hear that the port isn't super good, I really hope this gets patched soon since I could easily spend the next week playing it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Superfight -- MB-02C3CC69F21BF26D - Taken by Endruen

Vibranium

Banned
Has anybody else experienced screen tearing when scrolling through the store after the most recent windows 10 update? Any fixes?

Have you updated your drivers (especially if Nvidia) to the latest version? It fixed it for some people including me.

Also, check your image quality preview settings in the Nvidia control panel and set it to balanced instead of quality. I heard that worked for some other people.

Jawmuncher

What do you do about screen tearing when scrolling web pages. I notice this sometimes on people's computers and would like to fix that for them.

rtcn63

What do you do about screen tearing when scrolling web pages. I notice this sometimes on people's computers and would like to fix that for them.

Is like hardware acceleration on

Have you tried disabling smooth scrolling

If there's two monitors connected maybe disconnect one

Do you believe in the devil

Vibranium

Banned

If they're using Chrome, click to enable the use hardware acceleration button in the advanced settings section. If they're using a different browser, I'm not sure about those but there should be something similar.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Superfight #2 -- MB-ECDEB450A6268EB1 - Taken by rainking187
Superfight -- MB-A5E9340F4A010BC3 - Taken by Sarcasm

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Superfight #3 -- MB-1A813F77B6E63267 - Taken by Backlogger
Superfight #2 -- MB-D2A60CAA3AFBF26A - Taken by bytemovies
Superfight -- MB-6445B199E3218A1E - Taken by spacellama

sadblob

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Costa1774, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Superfight #2 -- MB-F3B4C94259E11E55 - Taken by Mackenzie 92
Superfight -- MB-8BF0F3441C49EFEC - Taken by Eila

PM me if code does not work, I gave one to a friend and I think these are the remaining two...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom