• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

I guess you need to still be on 1511 (since 1607 disabled a lot of things regarding updates).
Then create two registry keys:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU] "NoAutoUpdate"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU] "NoAutoUpdate"=dword:00000001
(There are tools online to do so if you're not feeling up to the task, one of them is in the article I linked earlier)

Then get Microsoft's WUShowHide tool, run it to search for updates and just hide 1607 cumulative update.

Nzyme32

I guess you need to still be on 1511 (since 1607 disabled a lot of things regarding updates).
Then create two registry keys:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU] "NoAutoUpdate"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU] "NoAutoUpdate"=dword:00000001
(There are tools online to do so if you're not feeling up to the task, one of them is in the article I linked earlier)

Then get Microsoft's WUShowHide tool, run it to search for updates and just hide 1607 cumulative update.

poop. I'll keep an eye out for what happens in future updates. If you don't have issues and I see Windows get more annoying, I'll use an older ISO I have, reinstall that and do the trick

OmarYusaf

Have a question for steam power users.

I recently started liquidating my dota items plus the heaps of cards idled (thanks jshackles!)

Now I've started to use the steam market and already have 200 listings. Steam gave me a message that I have 200 listings and they need my tax info before I can sell more.

Now I am not in the US, nor am I a citizen, but I created my steam account when I was in the US a few years ago. It still uses that same address I stayed at. The money I add to steam is also from my US bank account.

Now I like having essentially a US steam account, but what will happen after this tax question? Once I say I'm not a US citizen will it kick me from the US region?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Little King's Story PC port review via PCInvasion.

Sounds like a basic PC port that hopefully can be improved through patches.

Yep more or less, sounds like it needs a controller basically.

Copying a post from the Steam forums:

As the review embargo is now over, I can tell you the following.

1 - There is no mouse control whatsoever (at least not that I could find). You can select keyboard, gamepad (direct input or xinput), XB1/360 pad, or Dualshock 4.

2 - Screen mode can be full or windowed, on my machine resolutions range from 800 x 600 to 1920 x 1080.

3 - Texture quality can be set to low or high; shadow quality set to low, mid, or high; effect density set to low or normal.

4 - Can opt to skip movies and toggle V-Sync and post effects on/off.

5 - Can set frame rate to 30 fps or 60 fps.

*NOTE* 60 fps will make the game act unpredictably and is not recommended)

6 - There is a sound bug. If you have no sound or stuttering sound in the main menu and during the game, you'll need to go into Window's Sound settings and configure your speakers to act as Stereo. 2.1 and 5.1 speaker set ups apparently do not work correctly. The developers are aware of this bug and are still trying to find a fix that doesn't require people to change their Sound settings.

Another possible fix for the sound bug is turn off Speaker Fill and/or Channel Phantoming in the Enhancements tap of the Window's Speaker Properties (accessed via Window's Sound settings).

I can't say much more about the game at this time as #6 kept me from playing for most of the week.

Wok

I have finished watching 30 min of presentation of event[0] at an AI conference called nucl.ai and I am kind of convinced that the game should be fun. The game will be some kind of Her Story in a sci-fi setting.

LrrqpDX.png

Monthly intensification getting intensified.

AHA-Lambda

Finished Abzu, was nice experience.

Don't know if its £10-15 nice given how short it was but I knew what I was getting into I guess =/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just know the month I unsubbed is the month that will have a bunch of shit I wanted.

must hold strong tho, fuck Blops 3 multi

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Soma...thats actually really cool. will sub

edit: whew I had most of the august shit, glad I skipped that month

Knurek

You can upgrade your Blops3 MP purchase to full version for €15 for the next 7 days, anyone notice that?

Oh god, what a terrible bundle.
So... so... terrible.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut

The Jackbox Party Pack 2

Planet of the Eyes

Poi (Steam)

Random Access Murder

Starward Rogue

You can upgrade your Blops3 MP purchase to full version for €15 for the next 7 days, anyone notice that?
The same deal is on Steam

derExperte

Will take Poi for free. Or a buck. And Planet of the Eyes. And Starward Rogue. Good one actually. But every time I think about subbing for the next the preorder game is something I own.

Rhaknar

ouch Little King is more than I expected

Tizoc

That was a good link!

• Call of Duty®: Black Ops III - Multiplayer Starter Pack
  • The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
  • The Jackbox Party Pack 2
  • Poi (Steam)
  • Planet of the Eyes
  • Starward Rogue
  • Random Access Murder

Phew didn't need any of those thankfully :3
Bring on the next bundle!