• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Games Republic worth it? Never heard of them before. Are they legit? How are they with preorder keys?

Going to assume you're asking because of Mankind Divided... The site makes no mention of the pre-order items or the new preload info so it's possible it may just be a standard, non-Day One key sent on that Tuesday

I guess nobody will really know until the end of the week

Earlier today, someone said 11 bit Studios (Anomaly, This War is Mine) is behind the website, so the answer appears to be yes, they are legit.
Yeah I saw their info, pretty interesting. Never heard of them and am confused how they have the cheapest preorder for it haha.
Going to assume you're asking because of Mankind Divided... The site makes no mention of the pre-order items or the new preload info so it's possible it may just be a standard, non-Day One key sent on that Tuesday

I guess nobody will really know until the end of the week

Hmm. Sent them a message over Twitter and hope they respond. Would love to get it for $39.99 (possibly even cheaper with that first time user coupon!).

Ozium

mfbnGGL.jpg

XceW0Sm.jpg

I'm easily entertained.
PHXVQfe.gif

2 more levels away from my first mount, also got to do the quest too. idk if i did it or not yet tho. i doubt that i did it tho. will have to wait to monday to get to lvl20 since i work all day tmrw :(

Hmm, I've never faced any experience walls while starting out earlier this year. On the contrary, I tend to be overlevelled and don't really do any sidequests due to that. I'm at like lvl 37, haven't been playing much recently.

Incidentally, if there's anyone who wants to join me for a few sessions, I'm on Exodus (NA). This was a silly decision since most of GAF players are on Ultros. :/

im over leveled for the main story atm but I'm just saying i notice im leveling up wayyy slower now. Also, couldn't play with you even if i was the same lvl, im in goblin. i don't like how these games dont even give people 1 freebie world transfer. always looking for a way to squeeze more money out of people.

Derp

I think the Win10 update somehow destroyed my Steam. Can't access the store page or anything aside from Library. Web steam is fine. And the loading symbol next to the windows cursor appears and starts spazzing out whenever i try to go to the store page. Even steam's loading symbol is spazzing out.

The heck man.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think the Win10 update somehow destroyed my Steam. Can't access the store page or anything aside from Library. Web steam is fine. And the loading symbol next to the windows cursor appears and starts spazzing out whenever i try to go to the store page. Even steam's loading symbol is spazzing out.

The heck man.

Justaccordingtokeikaku.jpg

Platy

Launching tomorrow at 10AM Pacific in this very thread:
Humble ModBot Turd Bundle

Highly limited quantities!

(P.S. this is not a joke)

Today me and some friends started a youtube channel and we recorded some videos of a series where we play some shitty games.

That said, I am HYPED !

My steam list of shitty games is basicaly just Bad Rats and Big Space Mess

Thank you guys for your answers.

I think you're intended to use it for titles that outright don't work for your hardware. Even in the case of a title being of questionable quality there's an argument for caveat emptor.
No! I don't even have a Steam account and my PC is a garbage that can't run a game like Inside! :(
This question came to my mind after those discussions about refunding No Man's Sky in other threads.

drakaenae

leftover keys
ModBot said:
Instructions for drakaenae:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (drakaenae, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Heaven Island VR MMO -- MB-D77CCC03ED973403 - Taken by Fare Godmace
t1cxE6r.gif
Blockstorm -- MB-34BEF7E082EDE6AF - Taken by kagamin
Beast Blaster -- MB-7DBA259EA7FBBCF8 - Taken by Sammichu
Crazy Chicken Invasion -- MB-6AEEF136DC4B9243 - Taken by Eila
CRYSTALSOFTIME #2 -- MB-69E7D93A534F6813 - Taken by Hakkelus
What's under your blanket !? -- MB-5F4CBC6814C74C95 - Taken by fuzzy123
Grave Prosperity Redux part 1 -- MB-A95CF9B4F283FB79 - Taken by krczt23
BLACKSHADOWS -- MB-5CDE07EF4CF34425 - Taken by ussjtrunks
Gems of the Aztecs -- MB-C8D9162559AAA02F - Taken by bobnowhere
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 ULTIMATE MATCH FINAL EDITION -- MB-399E970282640826 - Taken by Tart Toter 9k
After The End The Harvest -- MB-43135C78620A0B3A - Taken by voodooray
Bit Odyssey -- MB-E4A243E6D800F5CA - Taken by Abomination
Gods vs Humans -- MB-282AA242E93BE4FD - Taken by user237
Gnarltoof's Revenge -- MB-A34E71A7EEF5604E - Taken by Lashley
Invasion -- MB-98D241252298E46A - Taken by Purkake4
Under Zero -- MB-3A224E2858CFF1F1 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
The Orb Chambers -- MB-B9D4EBA3D3DB31CE - Taken by illusionary
Calibre 10 Racing -- MB-7854B6A6B8FFAE99 - Taken by Jalal

A heads up for those who like directional combat (Mount&Blade), Of Kings And Men is going Early Access on August 25. This project was formerly called Melee: Battlegrounds, of which had a failed Kickstarter. Following the trend of mods becoming stand-alone games via Early Access ala Project Reality into Squad.

Started by some lads who made 'cRPG' mod for Warband, they are attempting to combine the persistent stats of their 'cRPG' mod and multiplayer resource gathering/base building from other Warband mods(Persistent World/Frontier/whatever with a modern look. In contrast to Squad, which is attempting to recapture the complexity of its mod predecessor of combined arms/operation from its current state of infantry battles. Of Kings And Men is trying to offer a favourite twist on the Mount&Blade formula with actual money backing it.

Personally, I've never been overly fond of 'cRPG' or even the attempts on making a persistent world/character in a large Warband multipayer map. Both require a tad too much investment in time. The later being even more useless with nepotism being overt, spent more time fighting admins than regular players back in the day. Though that won't be a problem for this game, maybe. So if you like native multiplayer, but like to see it with a new coat of paint. Then this Early Access could be for you.

Monooboe

Ah turns out that the windows tablet that I'm stuck with can actually play some games, meaning anything that's purely 2D. So I would love some recommendation!

I tried to play Shadowrun Hong Kong, while it worked it ran at like 20fps. Same with FEZ.

Axiom Verge does run great and this the first time me playing it and it's great thus far, and the music is so good.

Has Elliot Quest been bundled yet, thinking it might be avalable for cheaps somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom