• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a random CD Key query email too, I saw some other people got some recently too, did anyone figure out the reason? I can't think of the last time I redeemed a key that some else could redeem.

Anteater

I just got a random CD Key query email too, I saw some other people got some recently too, did anyone figure out the reason? I can't think of the last time I redeemed a key that some else could redeem.

are you talking about this?

TzG2tEP.jpg

i got one 22minutes ago =o

madjoki

Could be my fault (if you have won from me), I had some old keys marked possibly used on old key spreadsheets tested. Sorry, for inconvience.

Edit: So nothing to worry about.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
The Triennale Game Collection is now on Greenlight! The mobile release was a few months back, with a new game unlocking every week. I don't really game much on my phone, so this is very welcome news! I'd actually asked Cardboard Compy and Santa Ragione on twitter about a PC release, and they said they weren't sure how long it would take. Glad it didn't take too much time after all!

81EB5DB1C1C59C3ED39BFB792181C0ED29525FC2

944132DD980A8135E06B52162DEF020FAA64C12C

The Triennale Game Collection is a free virtual exhibition of video games created for the XXI Triennale International Exhibition by five of the world’s most renowned independent game designers, showcasing these artists’ experimental approach to interactivity.

The five featured artists are: Mario von Rickenbach and Christian Etter (Dreii, Plug & Play), Tale of Tales (The Path, Sunset, Luxuria Superbia), Cardboard Computer (Kentucky Route Zero), Pol Clarissou (Orchids to Dusk), and Katie Rose Pipkin (Mirror Lake). These games are self-contained takes at interactive narrative, puzzles, and exploration.

It's my birthday, someone post that grim reaper comic

BZkgGLj.gif

Birthday buddies? What are the odds?

So it should be okay for me to get Mankind Divided from there right? Since I think it's a US site and it's not region locked. (I'm from the US.)

They also don't offer refund right? (Just in-case god forbid this port is bad)
Eh, for the extra $5 I went with GMG. I don't know how Games Republic's key delivery system works, so I'd rather have the key early or (at worst) on time with GMG.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So it should be okay for me to get Mankind Divided from there right? Since I think it's a US site and it's not region locked. (I'm from the US.)

They also don't offer refund right? (Just in-case god forbid this port is bad)

The site's based in Poland but, yeah, the keys are region-free.

Edit: And, yeah, no refunds once your order has been fulfilled:
All payments for the Applications are not refundable provided that the End User from the territory of European Union is entitled to withdraw from the purchase of the Application without any charge at its sole discretion until delivery of the Application has started or performance of services upon those Terms has commenced.

Try to find someone to build it for you. That's what I did. My father knew a man at work who did it for free, but we gave him something for it.

That or just about any PC hardware store will slap it all together for a small fee.

fantomena

That or just about any PC hardware store will slap it all together for a small fee.

That was our first though. I contacted every shop who dealt with PC and electronics and suprisingly noone build PC anymore. One shop said they build PCs on their site, I emailed them, but they told me the site was outdated and they stopped building PCs. We talked a bit about it when we build the PC and there's apparently little to no market for PC building in my city. It's only private people with self-interest in PC building who does it.

Pachimari

Mafia is having some huge bugs but whatever, it's a 2002 game. Will probably complete it tomorrow, and then get back to my playthrough of Wolfenstein: The New Order.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That was our first though. I contacted every shop who dealt with PC and electronics and suprisingly noone build PC anymore. One shop said they build PCs on their site, I emailed them, but they told me the site was outdated and they stopped building PCs. We talked a bit about it when we build the PC and there's apparently little to no market for PC building in my city. It's only private people with self-interest in PC building who does it.

How strange.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Putting together a PC is actually surprisingly easier than a lot of people think. There is some research involved in choosing the parts, but actually assembling it takes maybe 30 minutes and mostly involves following very simple instructions in terms of plugging things into their matching slots.

There are basically two things you can fuck up when assembling a PC:
1) In older processors with pins, trying to jam one in the wrong way can break the pins. This is mostly not an issue anymore, IIRC.

2) You need to put spacers/risers in your case so the motherboard does not touch the bare metal and short itself out. This is a mistake some people make. Just don't make this mistake and you'll be OK. This literally just involves screwing little metal things into very obvious holes in the case.

dex3108

Putting together a PC is actually surprisingly easier than a lot of people think. There is some research involved in choosing the parts, but actually assembling it takes maybe 30 minutes and mostly involves following very simple instructions in terms of plugging things into their matching slots.

There are basically two things you can fuck up when assembling a PC:
1) In older processors with pins, trying to jam one in the wrong way can break the pins. This is mostly not an issue anymore, IIRC.

2) You need to put spacers/risers in your case so the motherboard does not touch the bare metal and short itself out. This is a mistake some people make. Just don't make this mistake and you'll be OK. This literally just involves screwing little metal things into very obvious holes in the case.

It depends on the case. Some cases have already raised metal around screw hole that can be used without spacers.

Parsnip

The urge to grab Deus Ex MD is rising.

Also the most annoying part about building a PC yourself is the cooler.
Are intel boxed coolers still using those shitty pushpin things? Always hated those.
And I will probably always be a little skittish about putting in gigantic aftermarket coolers, even though I've been using the same Noctua for almost a decade now I think.

I was always scared to ever really touch the inside of a computer because I was afraid I'd just break something easily...after watching others put a PC together and reading more about it I know it's not really hard at all but you do have to pay attention to what you're doing

I was hoping to build one on my own by the end of the year but that will probably have to wait until the beginning of next year...at least I already have the graphics card (1070) so that's one less thing to worry about

The urge to grab Deus Ex MD is rising.

Also the most annoying part about building a PC yourself is the cooler.
Are intel boxed coolers still using those shitty pushpin things? Always hated those.
And I will probably always be a little skittish about putting in gigantic aftermarket coolers, even though I've been using the same Noctua for almost a decade now I think.

same for me about Mankind Divided...will probably ebd up picking it up in the next few days at GMG

and I recently had to switch out a faulty AIO cooler...went with the Hyper 212 EVO since it is well regarded and also cheap (a good combo)...has worked great for me but was tedious to install since it was the first time for me doing anything like that

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Spent an hour this morning running ethernet cable along my baseboards. Went from a 20 foot cable that crossed a doorway on the floor (tripping risk, even with a cable runner) to a 70 foot cable going all around the floor and ceiling of the room. Massive visual improvement. Hopefully powerline ethernet will catch up enough that the next time I move I don't need to do this.

Thankfully, I had a Microcenter near me.

I went in, talked to their "build a PC" guy about what I wanted and my budget, and he went through every part with me, explaining it thoroughly. Very knowledgeable and helpful. For an extra $200 (I believe), they built it for me. Finished it early the next day. So worth it.

Parsnip

Seems like Greenman is the cheapest for Deus Ex.
For some reason ES is saying that Games Republic has it for 36,07€, but when I check IsThereAnyDeal where the data comes from, it says 41,99€ which is what the site also says.

Mysterious.

Seems like Greenman is the cheapest for Deus Ex.
For some reason ES is saying that Games Republic has it for 36,07€, but when I check IsThereAnyDeal where the data comes from, it says 41,99€ which is what the site also says.

Mysterious.

How much is it ?
Nvm, just checked, yeah it seems to be the cheapest.

if you register on GamesRepublic then they'll send you a 10% discount

I'm paying $35.99 for Deus Ex

as for preorder bonuses, that'll be revealed sometime next week, but Eidos has been good about handing out preorder bonuses though

Tizoc

as for preorder bonuses, that'll be revealed sometime next week, but Eidos has been good about handing out preorder bonuses though

Hmm ever so tempted to get it at that price...

Parsnip

Even with the 10% it still came up like 30 cents more expensive than gmg. :p

since the Games Republic page makes no mention of the pre-order bonuses I'd go with them not being included with the key they give you

Knurek

Transformers Devastation is down to 4,84€ on Amazon.de, if there's demand I can order some (up to three) and pm the key for $6 PayPal.

Shows up as €4.72 for me.
Would buy it, but it seems to not qualify for a free delivery, even with a €120 Kindle in the Basket...

Parsnip

cheapest price on GMG is $44.99...the base price for Mankind Divided on Games Republic is $39.99

that's for the US...prices might be better/worse for other countries

For me GMG shows 37.49€ when logged in. Games Republic's 16% plus the new registration 10% coupon was 37,79€.

Cook Serve Delicious got its hooks into me for a while. I called it stressful, but managed to get into a rhythm and now I have a five-star restaurant. I have all the food upgrades, and now I just have to grind money to get tickets for the final challenge, and play a few more days to get "platinum star." And then I shall hope to call it quits. I really don't see myself trying extreme difficulty.

For me GMG shows 37.49€ when logged in. Games Republic's 16% plus the new registration 10% coupon was 37,79€.

try logging out of GMG then back in...ever since they switched to that VIP pricing thing sometimes it gives me the non-logged in price even when it says I'm logged in

well after lvl15 there sure is a wall in the exp you gain in ff14 imo. i can feel da grind now. Still enjoying my time with it, just got to lvl17, we'll be together soon my sweet chocobo (assuming there aren't any strings attached like, gil, cause i got like 4k tops)

KingBroly

Banned
Man, the Anniversary Update completely fucked up the Xbone Controller on Steam. It was working with Big Picture and everything before. Now you can't even remap buttons in-game :\ For the Genesis Collection it REALLY hurts. Why does Microsoft always do this shit?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
well after lvl15 there sure is a wall in the exp you gain in ff14 imo. i can feel da grind now. Still enjoying my time with it, just got to lvl17, we'll be together soon my sweet chocobo (assuming there aren't any strings attached like, gil, cause i got like 4k tops)

Make sure you're joining FATEs regularly - they provide huge boosts in EXP for relatively little work. Stick to your story quests too, since the EXP rewards are double what they originally were. Once you're able to access the duty roulettes, you can almost jump an entire level through daily dungeon runs. I'm not sure how much work it involves, but the Hall of the Novice has a ring reward that gives you 30% EXP gains until you reach level 30, which is no small amount! If you feel like leveling up a new class, the Armory Bonus gives you double EXP for kills, levequests and FATEs, but not quest rewards. Armory Bonus is only available when you're playing a class that isn't your highest level, so if you have no interest in other classes, it won't help you at all.

To completely optimize, you could use the friend referral system to get the Friendship Circlet, which boosts EXP by 20%, and it stacks with the novice ring. Unfortunately, you'll need to actually pay for at least 30 days of subscription time for that, so it might not be an option for you right now.

Played Metal Egar Solid V for the first time today. What a fantastic game.

I also gave another gentleman's try to Deus Ex: HR. That game is good but it feels like work. There's a lot to like about it though, I'll keep trying.

Jawmuncher

Played Metal Egar Solid V for the first time today. What a fantastic game.

I also gave another gentleman's try to Deus Ex: HR. That game is good but it feels like work. There's a lot to like about it though, I'll keep trying.

For MGSV before a ton of people come in here and tell you it's the worst game of the generation or some other hyperbole. The game is fine, as you have noticed yourself the gameplay is great. It does have a few issues but it's other wise just thanks to gameplay a fun playthrough. Story doesn't do much besides get you to each new area, but unless you're heavily invested in MGS lore it shouldn't bother you much.

As for Deus Ex, the main thing I would say is despite what they said about it. It's really a stealth game at the end of the day. 90% of the scenario's are geared towards that route. You're in for work if you try to play it as a action game. The police station being a huge example of that. I would suggest putting points into invisibility sooner rather than later. It'll help a lot more than a lot of the other upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom