• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

This does work with that 10 percent off your first purchase coupon, right? $36 ish for Deus Ex is looking good.

I'm just curious if the preorder items and preload keys will be there.

Yup, the new account discount coupon works, but the GMG 25% off pre-order still comes 30 cents cheaper for me in the euro zone.
Plus like you said, the state of the preorder items is unknown right now.

Tizoc

Netflix's Luke Cage looks hype
YmA0ben.png

Anteater

why did i thank modbot last night for winning duke nukem

but I actually thanked Khronico too before I thanked modbot

can't wait to play it, i bet it's better than that new deus ex game!

Netflix's Luke Cage looks hype

is he related to nicolas cage

Yakkue

Ah turns out that the windows tablet that I'm stuck with can actually play some games, meaning anything that's purely 2D. So I would love some recommendation!

I tried to play Shadowrun Hong Kong, while it worked it ran at like 20fps. Same with FEZ.

Axiom Verge does run great and this the first time me playing it and it's great thus far, and the music is so good.

Has Elliot Quest been bundled yet, thinking it might be avalable for cheaps somewhere?

I think these might work ok, do you have any of them?:

Where is my Heart?
Escape Goat 1 + 2
Might and Magic Clash of Heroes
80 Days
Stardew Valley
Steamworld Dig
Maybe Ys I+II might work ok?
Aviary Attorney
Year Walk
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Puzzle Agent 1 and 2
The Inner World
Read Only Memories
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
Sanitarium
Broken Age
The Blackwell Games
Detective Grimoire

Elliot Quest has been bundled 5 times according to isthereanydeal.

Monooboe

Oh right, Aviary Attorny and 80 Days been on my want to olay list and totally forgot about them. I do have many of the others, will give them a try. Thanks!

Parsnip

I didn't like Where is my heart in the end. Seemed cool in concept but execution bugged me and too many of level designs were a bit pants.

LowRoller

Does anyone know if Square is partnered with green man gaming? I want to get mankind divided, but I remember them having some issues in the past. Thanks in advance

Yakkue

Does anyone know if Square is partnered with green man gaming? I want to get mankind divided, but I remember them having some issues in the past. Thanks in advance

According to Wikipedia they are:
Green Man Gaming is a United Kingdom-based online video game retailer. It has a catalogue of over 5200 games from more than 450 publishers (including direct partnerships with Square Enix, Ubisoft and CapCom),

Pixieking

Banned

Every product page on their website should have a little info box on the right, giving publisher & developer, release date and source. For titles they've got officially (as opposed to via third-party distributors or retail boxes) the source will be the same as the publisher, so as long as they match-up, you should be good to go. For Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Digital Deluxe Edition, the info box says this:

Game info

Publisher: Square Enix
Developer: Eidos Montreal
Genres: RPGs
Source: Square Enix
Released: Tuesday, August 23, 2016
Languages: English, Spanish, Italian, German, French

dex3108

Well this was strange. Splinter Cell Blacklist, UPlay and Steam crashed at the same time after my HDD went to sleep (they are all installed on same HDD). I run few diagnostic tools and all HDDs are fine.

Corpekata

Banned
Amusingly enough Nicholas Cage did actually take the Cage name because of Luke Cage. His real last name is Coppola and he's a massive comic nerd. Named his kid Kal-El.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Masked Shooters 2 -- MB-944F397917531E8B - Taken by Purkake4

This got cards yesterday.

Jasec did you beat far cry 3? Oh god this game is goes on forever and I'm not even trying to 100% it

I still wonder why they did that second island. It was completely unnecessary and just worse then the first.

I beat that game, actually got mad over how stupid it was, and have avoided all AAA Ubisoft games since.

Zanzura

First time using this, hope I did it correctly. Already had this from some giveaway before, but if you somehow don't already have it, here you go.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Zanzura:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zanzura, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Anomaly: Warzone Earth -- MB-6D8F9A708D9AA8AB - Taken by Hakkelus

Jawmuncher

Played a bit of far cry 4 and dropped it rather early. Really don't like the ubisoft design there. So many unlockables, and side stuff. I just wanted an open World shooter without all of that.

Tenrius

Check out the gaming PC we now have in the office:

i7 6700, GTX1080 8Gb, 32Gb RAM, 500Gb SSD, 3Tb HDD + Oculus Rift

It's connected to a massive TV and meant exclusively for gaming (there's also a PS4, a 360 and a Wii U). The only catch is that I'm already spending too much time at the office, and usually try to get home as fast as possible in the evenings. Once I come home, I play The Witcher 3 at 15 FPS on my dingy laptop and think about lost opportunities.

fantomena

Im done with NMS. Going from planet to planet collecting the same resources as last planet, fly up, find space station, trade and upgrade, fly find another planet, repeat. And there's not much new either on the planets, except for new terrain, climate and the animals are never really very different either. Nothing exciting or interesting to keep my going forward. At least give me one exciting goddamn cave!

And btw, fuck sentinels. Fucking hate those assholes.

tumblr_nn07knsUMX1sh5jnso1_500.gif

Teppic

Ah turns out that the windows tablet that I'm stuck with can actually play some games, meaning anything that's purely 2D. So I would love some recommendation!

I tried to play Shadowrun Hong Kong, while it worked it ran at like 20fps. Same with FEZ.

Axiom Verge does run great and this the first time me playing it and it's great thus far, and the music is so good.

Has Elliot Quest been bundled yet, thinking it might be avalable for cheaps somewhere?
Castle in the Darkness
Odallus
Aquaria
Root Double
La-Mulana
Downwell

Last night I tried some NMS on a friend's PS4. It's pretty cool, it's very chill and seems like a pretty nice "wander around, check stuff out" sort of game.

I definitely wouldn't pay full price for it and I could see how the more difficult areas of the game could get really annoying.

Just finished SOMA, and whoa, that was a step up from Amnesia, which I already liked a lot.

But while I liked the creature designs (in particular, the later ones you encounter), I wish that the game had less of that hiding-in-a-corner, that Amnesia also had. The narrative was strong enough that it would be worthwhile to play this game with the no-monster mod, as a purely narrative experience with a few puzzles, for people who dislike stealth games.

The ending was also pretty good, though
I can't help but feel that Simon was rather thick-headed, which diminished the impact. Also, it would probably have been more impactful if the order of the last two scenes were flipped, but that's just nitpicking. And besides, this game was certainly more about the journey than the arrival.

Backlogger

Jasec did you beat far cry 3? Oh god this game is goes on forever and I'm not even trying to 100% it

I think he did 100% that one as did I. Was one of my favorite games that year. I agree though it kind of drags on especially when you unlock that other island

Purkake4

Banned
Ucchedavāda;213589149 said:
Just finished SOMA, and whoa, that was a step up from Amnesia, which I already liked a lot.

But while I liked the creature designs (in particular, the later ones you encounter), I wish that the game had less of that hiding-in-a-corner, that Amnesia also had. The narrative was strong enough that it would be worthwhile to play this game with the no-monster mod, as a purely narrative experience with a few puzzles, for people who dislike stealth games.

The ending was also pretty good, though
I can't help but feel that Simon was rather thick-headed, which diminished the impact. Also, it would probably have been more impactful if the order of the last two scenes were flipped, but that's just nitpicking. And besides, this game was certainly more about the journey than the arrival.
Check out the Spoiler Thread, at least someone agreed with your last thought there.

rtcn63

Played a bit of far cry 4 and dropped it rather early. Really don't like the ubisoft design there. So many unlockables, and side stuff. I just wanted an open World shooter without all of that.

FC4 completely misses the point of FC3. In FC3, there are only a dozen or so weapons IIRC, half of which require you to take outpost to unlock. So each time you got one it felt awesome. A sniper rifle with a suppressor? Fuck yeah. FC4 gives you like a hundred weapons almost right away, and most are interchangeable. You also get so much money (since it respawns) that you can buy whatever the fuck you want after like the first mission. There's no sense of reward to the progression.

So after a bit of tweaking I got No Man's Sky running well. It still stutters randomly but otherwise it stays at 60 with max settings. The game really doesn't look that good to me. The chromatic aberration is horrible and the only way you're going to get good looking scenery is if the lighting obliges and the ground is covered in grass and foliage. I haven't been to a good looking planet yet.

Anyway after playing for a while and warping to the next system, I go to the space station to buy and sell stuff. I get out of my ship in the space station hangar bay and go upstairs to the trading post. When I come back, my ship is gone. I can still see the icon pointing towards the ship and it says that it's location is now on some planet. So I'm stranded on the space station unless I can get enough credits to buy one of the random ships that come by there. And I can't. So that's a game breaking bug for me right there.

Kifimbo

Looks like the latest Monthly Bundle was a bit less successful than the previous ones. Around 40,000 copies according to Steamspy numbers.

Sarcasm

So after a bit of tweaking I got No Man's Sky running well. It still stutters randomly but otherwise it stays at 60 with max settings. The game really doesn't look that good to me. The chromatic aberration is horrible and the only way you're going to get good looking scenery is if the lighting obliges and the ground is covered in grass and foliage. I haven't been to a good looking planet yet.

Anyway after playing for a while and warping to the next system, I go to the space station to buy and sell stuff. I get out of my ship in the space station hangar bay and go upstairs to the trading post. When I come back, my ship is gone. I can still see the icon pointing towards the ship and it says that it's location is now on some planet. So I'm stranded on the space station unless I can get enough credits to buy one of the random ships that come by there. And I can't. So that's a game breaking bug for me right there.

Tried the experimental branch?

Turn off gsync in the setting file (not ingame)?

Tried the experimental branch?

Turn off gsync in the setting file (not ingame)?

I haven't tried the experimental branch and I don't have a gsync monitor. The performance isn't really a big issue now. Stupid shit like alt tabbing not working is daft but I'll deal with it (since for some reason I can't get the game to launch in borderless mode).

Tizoc

As muchas i enjoy deadly premonition, its technical faults shouldnt be ignored
I spent a good 15-30 minutes just to get the game to run chapter 1-4
I had newrly given up until it worked fine for me

Anteater

As muchas i enjoy deadly premonition, its technical faults shouldnt be ignored
I spent a good 15-30 minutes just to get the game to run chapter 1-4
I had newrly given up until it worked fine for me

I remember Durante said the game will start crashing after a while and you need to reboot to get it to work again and he can't actually figure out why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom