• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.
People always say Steam has no QA, but ToCS actually failed the first round of approval because they said it doesn't have full controller support.

It totally does have full controller support though, and it just went through (finally, it's cutting it pretty close).

Maybe it's covered under NDA but i would love to read more about Valve approval proccess. Some people on gaming side act like you can put a game with a virus in Steam.

Should i bother with Trials of Cold Steel if i never played any other game from this series? After Nier: Automata i rather suspicious when you guys hyping another anime game in steam thread, sorry. And am i the only one how keeps confusing anime Trials with platform racing Trails? It's all trivials for me

Ascheroth

Should i bother with Trials of Cold Steel if i never played any other game from this series? After Nier: Automata i rather suspicious when you guys hyping another anime game in steam thread, sorry. And am i the only one how keeps confusing anime Trials with platform racing Trails? It's all trivials for me
It's a totally fine entry-point to the franchise, although it seems to be a little more 'anime' than the Trails in the Sky games, but not that much and not as much as Xseeds marketing might make it seem.
From what I've heard at least, haven't played it myself yet.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot within the last 3 months to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS -- MB-2162872EAC471B2C - Taken by bbd23. 61 entrants total.

t1501758248z1.png

Shantom

The Sky trilogy is better than Cold Steel, and Cold Steel, while mostly being newcomer-friendly, spoils something major from the Sky trilogy. Play the other games first, they're really good!

Durante

It's a good entry point -- it takes place on the same continent, but there are no important direct story connections.

As for Nier:A, that's a completely different type of game. This is a JRPG with turn-based positional battles. Also, I can guarantee that this has a better PC port that will also be patched more quickly in case anything goes wrong (or even if nothing goes wrong :p).

By the way, is anyone making a ToCS PC thread?

Ascheroth

It's a good entry point -- it takes place on the same continent, but there are no important direct story connections.

As for Nier:A, that's a completely different type of game. This is a JRPG with turn-based positional battles. Also, I can guarantee that this has a better PC port that will also be patched more quickly in case anything goes wrong (or even if nothing goes wrong :p).

By the way, is anyone making a ToCS PC thread?
There was some OT title brainstorming in the Trails Community thread, but I don't think anyone committed to making the thread itself? Might want to ask there.
OT title suggestions starting from here, if anyone's curious

Bought the Metro Redux bundle off GMG and for some reason threw in a 10 key mystery bundle. Went better than expected.

The remaining dross:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

AFTER THE END THE HARVEST -- MB-53C18BBD166B4BA9 - Taken by Orakio Rob
BALLISTICK -- MB-598F7A81B72E7D44 - Taken by MaxiLive
MORIBUND -- MB-9DD97AAD8DD6DC5F - Taken by Kifimbo
PURGATORY -- MB-1F60E88C33E11531 - Taken by septicore
THE ASSKICKERS -- MB-7EF09EDB6695BDE0 - Taken by voodooray

Ascheroth

Cold Steel PC |OT| Noble Version
Cold Steel PC |OT| PC Towa Version

I'm not good at this
The ones I found amusing from the other thread were

ToCS PC |OT| Super ultra alpha Ex+ edition
ToCS PC |OT| Sara calls Heinrich a jackass, Localiser rejoices, live from Erebonia
ToCS PC |OT| Framerate Liberation Front
ToCS PC |OT| 60 head-pats per second

Mivey

So apparently the Developer for Grimoire didn't know that there was a review by period for submitted things and I guess assumed it scanned it automagically when it was.
It sounds like he used the count down timer as a last point for me to make changes and submit to valve, but according to design docs for submission it takes 3-5 business days. So..
Now he's chain shit posting in his "games" discussion board.
Talk about a dumpster fire
It's been two decades. What's another 5 days?

Grug

Some okay stuff and a bit of trash too.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Just enjoy!

Airship Asunder -- MB-2DBD610FF8A697B0 - Taken by InquisitorAles
Chronicles of a Dark Lord Tides of Fate Remastered -- MB-B2737E6F3F8A3F80 - Taken by madjoki
Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting (Enhanced Edition) -- MB-F4781E0D151D1F00 - Taken by fuzzy123
Daily Chthonicle Editor's Edition -- MB-B7FDCCEB6C78D8B4 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
Idol Hands -- MB-28AB5B7A6EB47C1E - Taken by rainking187
Lost Sea -- MB-8F151AC426C10766 - Taken by bloke
Raining Blobs -- MB-0CACBF616C873DFF - Taken by Purkake4
Safety First -- MB-B39CE70FCA51951F - Taken by voodooray
Urizen Shadows of the Cold -- MB-C06BE8326A37E1A5 - Taken by septicore

Ascheroth

I actually like both, especially the PC Towa Version.
But they are probably a bit opaque for non-insiders :p

Hey, it also does 240 :p
Yeah, as a non-insider I have no clue what they reference.

Well then make it ToCS PC |OT| 240 head-pats per second :p

Uzzy

The Witcher Adult Colouring Book announced.

Journey along with Geralt, Ciri, Triss, Yennefer, Roach, Shani, and all of your favorite Witcher characters in a variety of fantastic settings . . . all inspired by the hit video game franchise with The Witcher Adult Coloring Book. Featuring uniquely designed and highly detailed black-and-white illustrations inspired by the games; this compilation of exquisitely crafted images is a must-have for Witcher fans worldwide!

3001364.jpg

Happy Trails of Cold Steel PC launch day.

I hope Durante and XSEED don't have a nerve-racking launch. Also can't wait to read about that final Durante XSEED blog.

This game looks quite interesting, particularly due to the nice portraits and cool music. The launch price is apparently going to be pretty cheap too. Hopefully enough people are willing to give it a chance, so that they can translate the remaining faction stories.

What's the price ?

Endruen

Got these laying around for quite some time now.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Endruen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
The Secret World -- MB-C5D74BC1E191813B - Taken by dave is ok. 5 entrants total.
Neon Drive -- MB-69C74777ADD29EBE - Taken by NeoRaider. 13 entrants total.
Wasted -- MB-C81C255B7F6019A6 - Taken by TheGreenArrow. 2 entrants total.
Windward -- MB-09357CECD3E606F3 - Taken by user237. 2 entrants total.

t1501692202z1.png

Giving away some Junk! This is my first giveaway thing, apologies if I did it wrong.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (TheGreenArrow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

DEAD6HOT -- MB-D950AB4FE0B32FDE - Taken by voodooray
LEAD AND GOLD -- MB-AEB27399FDCE16FF - Taken by texhnolyze
PURGATORY -- MB-C76489467FF0A1FD
RAINING BLOBS STEAM -- MB-3B761928A6FC8A27 - Taken by Dangerblade
SKILLTREE SAGA STEAM -- MB-6B30C486E70FDA70 - Taken by bloke

$5.11 CAD!? I actually have Scheherazade on my wishlist, but will I actually play it? That is the question.
Btw you can get whole bundle for around 2$ if you'll manage to find spot in group buy

Edit: Thank you guys for answers about Cold Steel, but i just realized that this is 60+ hours game and i'll be able to play it only in September at best, and this autumn is packed for me with games already.

Where and how do I do this "group buy"? Someone said it was a steam group?
Yeah, this group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/groupbuys/discussions/

Edit: Whoops, i missed "how" in your question. It's easy, you look for host with available spots, comment in thread to reserve spot, and then when happy hour happened you send payment to host (usually by paypal) and receive giftlink on bundle. 2$ is price with added paypal fee by the way, if you able to do "friends and family" payment it will be around 0.4$ cheaper.

Ladekabel

I really tried to like Dark Messiah of Might & Magic but the walking makes me nauseous and the game starts to crash after 5 minutes or so.

madjoki

It shouldn't be Legends. It's from an old bundle "Humble Staff Picks Bundle: Nick" and afaik, it was a paid game. Looks like it's been removed or something? I don't know.

EDIT: This was the banner.

Now it just gives +1 and library entry as they didn't give anything to those who paid for base game before it went F2P.

Coreda

steam randomly drops them

higher profile level = better chance

Is this officially documented as a higher profile perk? Never heard about this before. A little bit more useful than an increasing friend capacity and profile number.

Anno

Not that I'm complaining, but why do I keep getting free random booster packs?

If you have earned all your cards for a game there's a chance that you get a free pack when someone else crafts a badge for the game, I think. So if you idle a bunch of games and get a high Steam level i think you can actually get a decent number of free packs.

Is this officially documented as a higher profile perk? Never heard about this before.

http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/faq/
Once eligible, your Steam Level increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:
Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate (i.e. the rate has doubled)
Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom