• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this officially documented as a higher profile perk? Never heard about this before. A little bit more useful than an increasing friend capacity and profile number.

Yes, it is:

How can I get a booster pack?
Once you have received all of your card drops, you become eligible for a booster pack, which is a set of 3 trading cards that may include both basic and foil cards. Booster packs are granted randomly to eligible users as more badges are crafted by members of the community. Make sure you log in to Steam each week to maintain eligibility.

Once eligible, your Steam Level increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:
Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate (i.e. the rate has doubled)
Etc.

http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/faq

Ascheroth

Now it just gives +1 and library entry as they didn't give anything to those who paid for base game before it went F2P.
That's not entirely true, if you had an account before it went f2p you could transfer some stuff over and got some of the stuff that now costs money for free.

daW26r9.png

Finished DSIII + DLC, so good.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Anyone know any sites that sell wallet cards for discount?

Like $10 topup for $8 or whatever?

I went in expecting Tacoma to be short as I saw some 4-5 hour estimates in the reviews yesterday but when the credits started running 2 ½ hours later, I was a bit surprised as I was expecting a second half of the game. Using environmental storytelling to unravel what happened to an abandoned space station is up my alley, but felt it was still too brief, mostly I just wanted more. I plan on replaying to get collectibles/easter eggs but can’t help but feeling a bit empty by the experience even after enjoying the game and loving how it looked.

madjoki

That's not entirely true, if you had an account before it went f2p you could transfer some stuff over and got some of the stuff that now costs money for free.

Maybe I worded littely badly, but I meant there's nothing extra tied to keys themselfes so if you register today, you get nothing. (or did not play yet)

Jawmuncher

I went in expecting Tacoma to be short as I saw some 4-5 hour estimates in the reviews yesterday but when the credits started running 2 ½ hours later, I was a bit surprised as I was expecting a second half of the game. Using environmental storytelling to unravel what happened to an abandoned space station is up my alley, but felt it was still too brief, mostly I just wanted more. I plan on replaying to get collectibles/easter eggs but can’t help but feeling a bit empty by the experience even after enjoying the game and loving how it looked.
Sounds like Gone Home again which had the same length issue for the price. By the time it really starts to sit with you it's over. Looks like I'll wait a bit on the price.

AHA-Lambda

I've seen walkthroughs on YouTube of Tacoma that are less than 90 mins
Christ sake...

Thats really stretching my love towards Gone Home for my purchase here.

He changed the license and stopped offering a free version and had a meltdown over all the backlash, now he just released cards for the app saying "Propriety software is an injustice" which is a jab at those people.

Mmh this sucks, even though I bought it on Steam.

MUnited83

For you.
He changed the license and stopped offering a free version and had a meltdown over all the backlash, now he just released cards for the app saying "Propriety software is an injustice" which is a jab at those people.

? Free version still exists.

Anno

Steve was estimating 2-6 hours on Twitter so it seems like something that potentially has a lot more to dig through on the side if you want?

Wok

Borderless gaming dude still salty

FB9s1ef.png

Ah, it is Richard Stallman!

I have got to say not providing the excutables is kind of crappy behavior from the dev, but I guess someone else could do it for everyone since it is free and open-source. Not that I need it, because I bought the app.

Vamphuntr

Can't believe I'll be buying Cold Steel again T.T I'm doing it to show appreciation to Durante's amazing work and to get the remaining trails games on steam as I don't like the game much.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how much is Cold Steel going to be anyway? in a huge rut and ive fallen off my blizard train hard, really need something to play.

Durante, you're doing a great job with Cold Steel and I'll soon buy it to show some support. Just wait a bit, as I'm close to the end of Trails 1, then I'll play through Trails 2 and 3 and then I'll buy Cold Steel. I promise it won't be long.

I started my Trails 1 playthrough in 2015 :p

Cold Steel is now live for downloading.

My activity feed looks like this right now:

[gaffer] now owns The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

I only have one Steam friend to remove who bought Trails of Cold Steel.

Ascheroth

Shows that you have good friends : P

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
was hoping for 30€, but at least it seems its quite long (HLTB has it at average 65 hours) so it will last me. hmm.

Trails of Cold Steel is $32.39 on Humble if you have a Monthly sub. Link

oooh, I even have 2.67€ in my wallet, drops it down to under 30€, neat.

lazerfox

was hoping for 30€, but at least it seems its quite long (HLTB has it at average 65 hours) so it will last me. hmm.

Average time will probably be lower in this version since it has Turbo Mode which let's you speed up the battles. I'm guessing -5 hours or so.

Nyoro SF

Cold Steel purchased. Looking forward to trying out Turbo Mode the most. Cold Steel is actually an already pretty snappy game, but it never hurts to make things even faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom