• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my computer bit the BIOS bullet. I was playing Shadowverse when my computer completely froze and I tried to reboot only to find a BIOS screen. Tried a few imes to boot and reboot from there and now my computer won't even turn on. This smells like hard drive failure, but now that the power's not even working, I'm not sure. I don't know if I should just buy new parts for my PC or find a new hard drive. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you.

Try and separate and test if possible. Starting with the PSU.

If I had to guess I would say mobo or PSU is the problem.

Knurek

Well, my computer bit the BIOS bullet. I was playing Shadowverse when my computer completely froze and I tried to reboot only to find a BIOS screen. Tried a few imes to boot and reboot from there and now my computer won't even turn on. This smells like hard drive failure, but now that the power's not even working, I'm not sure. I don't know if I should just buy new parts for my PC or find a new hard drive. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you.

More like PSU issue. :(

madjoki

GG, Valve. If you request to join private groups, you might be able to see private forums even before you're accepted/declined.

Whoops.

Nabs

Finally got around to buying CrossCells. Enjoying it a lot but get the impression it's going to hurt my brain even more than HexPlusInfiniteSquareCells :O

I like CrossCells, but I feel like more could have been done to make it a smoother experience. I just end up taking screenshots of the puzzle, and pasting into GIMP so I can properly mark it up.

Ladekabel

I'll get a little bit money for donating blood on Friday. I'd like to buy a game for the amount I'm going to get. Am I better off with this years Prey or Rimworld?

Different genres, I know but these are the games I currently want the most.

Rimworld seems like a great timesink which I currently have enough off though I probably could play it on my macbook. Prey looks cool and I'm coming around on Dark Messiah of M&M after rage deinstalling and reinstalling it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nabs mentioned that Cold Steel was cheaper on Humble Store with the monthly discount, and the same thing is true for Slime Rancher by the way, if you're interested.

It has the same 33% discount as steam plus the 10% which drops it to 10.24€ as opposed to 13.39€ on steam.

Actually more inclined to getting this instead of Cold Steel tbh.

Sarcasm

I'll get a little bit money for donating blood on Friday. I'd like to buy a game for the amount I'm going to get. Am I better off with this years Prey or Rimworld?

Different genres, I know but these are the games I currently want the most.

Rimworld seems like a great timesink which I currently have enough off though I probably could play it on my macbook. Prey looks cool and I'm coming around on Dark Messiah of M&M after rage deinstalling and reinstalling it.

I vouch for Rimworld.

MadGear

I'm so glad you guys talked me out of refunding MGSV:TPP, I'm having so much fun with it. But oh boy, this cover system ... sure it works most of the time but sometimes Snake just won't take cover unless I approach the wall at a very specific angle. A "take cover" button would have been super helpful.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

cmWEPrK.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-92A9E540DB8AE174 - Taken by NeoRaider

Jawmuncher

I'm really enjoying Dishonored 2 so far. A lot more than the original (Which I played on 360). While I don't usually play with M&KB for games. It just feels right for Arkane games where there's a lot more going on and such. Currently just going high chaos and it seems to lend itself far better to this style than the original did.

Lain

I guess Cold Steel isn't at the level of Fate, where the DLC costs more than the main game, but it's somewhat disappointing to not see even a discounted bundle for it.

Damn, I wanted to hear Prey and get Rimworld later down the line but you make it harder for me.
Prey is the first game of its type that can hold a candle to the likes of Deus Ex imo. It's my favourite game this year by far and something I imagine will be considered a classic down the line. That said, I have no experience with Rimworld.

Tonton

Goddamn, was it hidden? Added later? Didn't see it before when looking at the store page. Nice deal.

It's not appearing at the game Store page for some reason, but appears on the page for the individual DLCs

It's a pretty good discount too, I grabbed it alongside the game

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is slime rancher demanding? I wonder if I can run it on my laptop

Sarcasm

is slime rancher demanding? I wonder if I can run it on my laptop

Should not be that demanding. Try it as the download is very small..it also has a demo if you do not own the game.

If you buy and are a monthly humble sub, cheaper on HB as 33% + 10%.

Nabs

that smells like a "that game sucks" under your breath there Nabs

What you're hearing is "you should have bought Xanadu Next when it was on sale." I played a bit of Rancher and had no idea what I was doing. I'll give it a try now that it's out of EA.

Rhaknar

What you're hearing is "you should have bought Xanadu Next when it was on sale." I played a bit of Rancher and had no idea what I was doing. I'll give it a try now that it's out of EA.

if I wanted trash I would get it for free just outside my house.

my street is filthy :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
could you get access to the Steamworks Development group forums with this? LOL

Nah. It's ultra-private and only visible if you have Steamworks access. If you don't, you just get this:

Sorry!
An error was encountered while processing your request:

This group is private. Please sign-in to view the group content.

kevin1025

Banned
Some spares I forgot I had!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kevin1025, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Duck Game -- MB-E3280C9CECE4C425 - Taken by TheGreenArrow. 4 entrants total.
Saints Row 2 -- MB-61BFD21C0C338754 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Wasted -- MB-18A4B0B73742D095 - Taken by nightstorm. 2 entrants total.
Westerado: Double Barreled -- MB-3D340B57C6C81AC7 - Taken by sadblob. 2 entrants total.

t1501714910z1.png

GAF, we have reached Peak GAF.

Within this giveaway, thereis a game wherein you can fuck your video game console.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HP_Wuvcraft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

A Foretold Affair -- MB-3A06A08814530D35 - Taken by Eila
Alice in Wonderland -- MB-AF303B8165420411 - Taken by texhnolyze
Bad End -- MB-3694E93441318680 - Taken by Endruen
Crystal City -- MB-65EFE2E7C18D074E - Taken by Orakio Rob
Games&Girls: A Console Dating Simulator -- MB-894428D43CE0E1A6 - Taken by fernandes
Like i'm really going to type that name out -- MB-5E996FA2F54519B3 - Taken by someguyinahat

Sorry -- MB-2DE4A36E2AB3A63B - Taken by Diedac
Super Army of Tentacles 3: The Search for Army of Tentacles 2 -- MB-5E92A204A94C1E9F - Taken by Jawmuncher
The Reject Demon -- MB-FFED8BDA086F6D79 - Taken by voodooray

Endruen

Thanks a lot!

Well, I'm a total noob in visual novels and had no idea which game was the best one, so I quickly went for the one used to promote the bundle in the IndieGala email I got (Crystal City). Hope it's good!

Oh, so it was you the one who stole the only one of those in my wishlist?
It's ok, Bad End looks neat :p

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot within the last 3 months to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS -- MB-2162872EAC471B2C - Taken by bbd23. 61 entrants total.

t1501758248z1.png

Looking at the screenshots for Crystal City on Steam... oh, man, looks like I chose wisely ^_^

Oh, so it was you the one who stole the only one of those in my wishlist?
It's ok, Bad End looks neat :p

Lol... sorry about that! Well, at least you just got a new friend on Steam ^_^

Now where is that filthy gaffer who got the Might and Magic X key a few days ago, mere seconds before I sent my PM to modbot?
I want to add him as a friend too :)

preta

Thank you so much for the explanation, I always passed them up because honestly I cannot be bothered to grind nowadays and I figured I will have to like most old school jrpg.

One last question, you say it's a connected saga, so I cannot just jump in with the latest one? Or is it like the Witcher, as in connected yes but you still can play the 3nd one without any issues.

You can start with Cold Steel and understand the vast majority of its story with no issues, but be aware that CS1 spoils a fairly major twist from Trails in the Sky SC (the second Sky game) and CS2 spoils several more from across the Sky trilogy. There's also some subtext in CS1 that you won't get without playing Sky first, and a late-game reveal will have less impact without context from Sky.

So I'd still recommend Sky as a better starting point, honestly. It employs the same experience-scaling system, so you won't have to grind much (if at all) there either.

Regardless of where you start though, it's a fantastic series.

bbd23

I'm really enjoying Dishonored 2 so far. A lot more than the original (Which I played on 360). While I don't usually play with M&KB for games. It just feels right for Arkane games where there's a lot more going on and such. Currently just going high chaos and it seems to lend itself far better to this style than the original did.

This is good to hear.

waiting until monthly reveal for the early unlock Friday before picking this up.

Lain

I'm imagining Cold Steel had a good launch, better than I imagined anyways, since it's sitting at the 2nd spot behind Playerunknown in the global sale list.

Rhaknar

Nice standards you have there.

its the impression I got from what he said from knowing him, and from his reply, I was right.

or were you supposed to quote me trashing Xanadu and fucked up? Because if so, I havent played Xanadu, its just way too easy to trigger this place with some games. That being one of them :p

edit: tried the Slime Rancher demo, it's cute AF but I was already bored 15mins in :/ I guess farming games just arent for me (I also got bored of Stardew very fast) :(

Holy shit at that Horrizon DF thread, it's a graveyard.

I didn't know that it was a dumpster fire before modbot making a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom