• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madventure

I was browsing my discovery queue, and about to skip a game which looked like a mobile port, when suddenly...

Thanks. Do you use a compressed air duster only for the fans? Or do you use it for everything in the computer case, and mention holding the fans in place because it is necessary to effectively clean this component?

Oh yeah I just use it for everything pretty much. Some parts like fans and things that aren't super important or attached to anything (Case fans for example) can get dust that gets stuck on so a brush or something can help wipe it off or a cloth even.
I mentioned the holding the fans in place because it will potentially destroy the ball bearings inside the fans for wherever they are so if it's for the GPU that's super bad, just a fan used for case cooling not so bad but still bad. So it's easier to just hold the fan for whatever it is in place use the little compressed air can and get the dust out then you're good to go

I normally do it outside or just somewhere away from where i have my PC so all the dust and cat hair that gets inside my case doesn't end up back inside

Wok

Oh yeah I just use it for everything pretty much. Some parts like fans and things that aren't super important or attached to anything (Case fans for example) can get dust that gets stuck on so a brush or something can help wipe it off or a cloth even.
I mentioned the holding the fans in place because it will potentially destroy the ball bearings inside the fans for wherever they are so if it's for the GPU that's super bad, just a fan used for case cooling not so bad but still bad. So it's easier to just hold the fan for whatever it is in place use the little compressed air can and get the dust out then you're good to go.

Ah, thank you. I remember playing with the fans of the case a long time ago, I guess I should not have...

I am little sad to see the sticker showcase disappear, still not sure "why" we can't have them.

Also here's mine, feels like I should show it before it disappear.:D

I see we both like the lemonade guy...

8bRnVEX.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Congrats, I have been stuck on that level (level #16) every time I have played it this far.
yeah i actually only got there twice before beating the dragon, so it wasn't as tough as level 15 which is the one that's been giving me the hardest time

i also really appreciate that area #2 resets your stats back to zero so you can just skip straight to there instead of having to start over

it's the thing i don't like about the shortcuts in spelunky, whenever you start in the jungle or the ice caves or whatever you feel like you're super underequipped

this game is awesome, i was ready for it to end at level 16 but i'm really intrigued for what else is left, it's such a rewarding and cleverly designed game

also have to retry some hidden puzzles like the chess or vampire levels

Stoze

Been playing Fidel Dungeon Rescue, I'm getting Spelunky flashbacks in terms of how smart and elegant its design is. Music, sound effects, art, and game feel are all pitch perfect too.

Lanrutcon

Been giving Solstice Chronicles: MIA a go.

Reminds me of the (very) old Alien Breed games. Twin stick shooter with rpg and strategy elements. Story campaign with multiple difficulty levels, local coop and character progression. Survival modes for the brave. Shooting feels very good, boss battles make me want to put my keyboard through the screen.

All in all, not bad.

How's the game nowadays? Does it still stutter no matter what hardware you have unless you have a G-Sync monitor?

My target 1080/60fps and i think i can say i'm getting 60fps 80% of the game. Sure there is no perfect stability but so much things happening on the screen, so i think that's normal especially for my system. Also borderless windowed have some sluttering problem, full screen giving better performance for me. Can't say how this will perform on better CPU/GPU, Windows 10 etc. but i think perform very well and i'm happy with it, i'm enjoying so much!

My system:

Windows 7
i5 4590
GTX 970
16GB Ram
Installed on SSD

Game setting:

Arminsc

Btw, now that we're on topic of FFXIV. Lately I've been looking for some MMO to put some time into casually. Can someone sell me on it?

Btw, now that we're on topic of FFXIV. Lately I've been looking for some MMO to put some time into casually. Can someone sell me on it?

Do you like Final Fantasy?

Yes ----> Buy
No -----> Don't buy

It's basically Final Fantasy fanservice the game.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot within the last 3 months to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS -- MB-2162872EAC471B2C - Taken by bbd23. 61 entrants total.

t1501758248z1.png

Hektor

The gameplay is fairly run of the mill stuff but well done, it doesn't get an award for innovation but one for quality.

The asthethics and the OST are great and just get better in the more recent content.

The story of ARR was kinda boring and basic tbh but the heavensward one is genuinely interesting.

Unfortunately you're going to have to slog through quite some filler and grinding in the ARR content but in heavensward that's so pretty much eliminated.

The dungeons, raids and trials are all really, really fun, tho for the first 100 hours of playtime they won't be any challenging for you. Only in the ARR post story content they start to require skill and thought.

The entire ARR content i.e. the first 100 hours have some really big downs to the point that I can imagine a lot of people quitting on it, but afterwards it becomes an absolute blast.

If you feel threatened by the prospect of slugging through filler and grinding you can buy a starterpack for real money somewhere that boosts you straight into heavensward content, you'll always be able to watch the ARR cutscenes and replay old content.

Best thing about FFXIV is that you don't need an established party or guild to enjoy the content of the game, matchmaking and LFG-tools all are ace and the community is really friendly and welcoming of newcomers

I'd recommend it, played it for 200 hours over the last few months and am about to wrap up heavensward

Lanrutcon

Polished MMO in a juicy Final Fantasy wrapper, with 90% of the game being super accessible for the casual player. It's also damn pretty, and has enough diversions that you can pretty much find some activity you enjoy to focus on that.

Just don't roll a potato.

NeoRaider

I won mystery game last night and it was 16bit Trader. I already own it so... 9E94A-TMTCH-LK3BB

It's 0.50 game tho. XD

Those two games are are only his 10th and 11th most played games as well. He has more than 5k hours in Millie.

Also will hit 5k in a few hours, need a proper title for the milestone. Was thinking Divinity Original Sin 2?

Deques

Isn't this against Steam ToS in any way? And main question, why the heck he would do this? What's the point?

There is no point doing this. But his goal is to amass huge amount of game play time for no apparent reason. It's like Steam levels, a showoff of a digital number

Echoplx

Playing through Alice: Madness Returns and it really makes me miss the over the top PhysX effects from that era, especially now that it actually runs well on modern hardware.

fcnXe1F.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom