• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

upGyVel.jpg

971.gif

People are odd.

The resillience against Turbmods is incredibly stupid.

There have been a handful people here on GAF complaining about how that would make FFXII easier and how they might as well put in a press A to win button

I wish there was a developer like the one of grimorie who obviously has social issues that didn't descend into his racism, sexism, homophobia and so on. To clarify I mean he's obviously full of some of the worst human traits but I just wish there was someone who was weird, offbeat, etc but wasn't a racist and sexist piece of shit.

Wok

I wish there was a developer like the one of grimorie who obviously has social issues that didn't descend into his racism, sexism, homophobia and so on.

People keep talking about Cleve's "racism, sexism, homophobia", etc., but there is so much more to him: he literally believes in every conspiracy theory, even the weirdest ones, e.g. that Stephen Hawking would be dead, and would have been replaced by a clone.

ivvcPu6.png

He is totally insane. And the people commenting on his blog are too. Do not read if you don't want to feel grossed out early in the morning:

V156zim.png

Ascheroth

I'm dumb what is turbo mode? I'd Google it but I just typed this instead
Speeding up animations while not speeding up music and voices and stuff.
Especially handy in turn-based RPGs without animation skip functionality in combat and it makes traversing big maps a breeze.

Durante added it officially to the Cold Steel port and in many other games you could use CheatEngines speedhack functionality for it (but it doesn't work for everything).

People keep talking about Cleve's "racism, sexism, homophobia", etc., but there is so much more to him: he literally believes in every conspiracy theory, even the weirdest ones, e.g. that Stephen Hawking would be dead, and would have been replaced by a clone.

ivvcPu6.png

He is totally insane. And the people commenting on his blog are too. Do not read if you don't want to feel grossed out early in the morning:
I've truly met people who act and talk like him and at a certain point it stops being surreal and fun and just disgusting. Particlally in terms of believing every conspiracy theory ever and becoming racist and sexist in the process. Especially when so much of their views are contradictory.

It's so much more inherent than you'd think.

Drunk sorry lol.

prudislav

We Happy Few final price is a bit high in my opinion. As far as i know people were complaining that there is not enough content for 30$ game and now they are rising it to 51$. I hope that they have huge content patch ready. Also that new price won't do them any favors going forward, it is still game for limited audience.
Well games Sandbox mode got quite expanded and improved throughout the Early Access and v1.0 is supposed to have the cinematic iirc 10+ storymode they teased on e3 ... there games much more overpriced with much less content on the store

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of low-G, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (low-G, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
DmC: Devil May Cry -- MB-E3DD651C5894F06A - Taken by PaulSane. 9 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
SPINTIRES -- MB-AB0A84DE0A39E558 - Taken by Vlad. 14 entrants total.
3DMark Advanced Edition -- MB-0B95F89734A10C54 - Taken by data. 5 entrants total.
Binary Domain -- MB-B91FCB9DAE3FF1A7 - Taken by oni-link. 5 entrants total.
Curious Expedition -- MB-2EE9354BD00655BF - Taken by rainking187. 18 entrants total.
Curses 'N Chaos -- MB-7C78A651FD90ECFC - Taken by Large Professor. 13 entrants total.
Galak-Z -- MB-2EBE2DDE408E090F - Taken by Vastag. 3 entrants total.
Gunpoint -- MB-8A8D81C6FECEA67D - Taken by lazerfox. 2 entrants total.
Hacknet -- MB-10DB6CF13F1741FA - Taken by Zeeman. 5 entrants total.
N Plus Plus (NPLUSPLUS) -- MB-A19A0727BDA31B25 - Taken by TheGreenArrow. 27 entrants total.
Pony Island -- MB-FAAB4AAF5F0BB300 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 5 entrants total.
RIVE -- MB-7993C2DB61B5A5B2 - Taken by dot. 9 entrants total.
STRIDER -- MB-1617BAD994FBD242 - Taken by MissChief. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-26631C8F93B94726 - Taken by Annubis. 1 entrants total.
The Deadly Tower of Monsters -- MB-36DD4071F1F7972E - Taken by Purkake4. 5 entrants total.

t1501968636z1.png

Wok

there games much more overpriced with much less content on the store

We are talking about PC gamers. How often does one spend $51 for 1 game on the Steam store? I think I have never paid this much for a Pay-to-Play game on Steam.

Edit: My biggest expenses these past years:
  • 2017: Yooka-Laylee (30 €)
  • 2016: No Man's Sky (48 €), then The Witness (37 €)
  • 2015: Metal Gear Solid V (33 €)
  • 2014: Dark Souls II (27 €)
Every other game has cost me less than 30€.

So, if I paid $51 for We Happy Few, this would be my biggest purchase ever on Steam.

dex3108

Well games Sandbox mode got quite expanded and improved throughout the Early Access and v1.0 is supposed to have the cinematic iirc 10+ storymode they teased on e3 ... there games much more overpriced with much less content on the store

It still doesn't help because game is kinda specific. And people complained that there is not enough content for 30$. Going for almost full price could harm their sales.

prudislav

We are talking about PC gamers. How often does one spend $51 for 1 game on the Steam store? I think I have never paid this much for a Pay-to-Play game on Steam.

So, if I paid $51 for We Happy Few, this would be my biggest purchase ever on Steam.
Well I am pretty sure you will find it on certains stores fir much less anyway as steam store is the one with console-ish prices outside the sales (or at least here in CZ )
Alsi we are euthasianists with long backlog and ton of indie games , the casual Pc gamers still buy their couple games even for the usual 60, maybe more when it comes to season pussies.

As for guess closest comparission to WHF would be Long Dark , but thats just 2/5 of the story and the sandbox has imo lesscontent

But who knows - from WHF we saw only the prog cinematics and sandbox is getting tweaked every now and then so who knows in the

Same here. Think the most I've paid was $35 for MGS V, and then $30 a couple of times for bundles with multiple HQ games.

JDB

Banned
Anyone have the issue that when playing games on borderless windowed mode that the game will overlap the taskbar when you're tabbed out? It started happening a while back on every game I play borderless on and it's pretty annoying.

Usually never. The latest game that I purchased at full price was NieR: Automata and I had bought it the second month it came out. I'm not a fan of purchasing games at the full retail price unless I'm familiar with the developers. I'll make exceptions for console or handheld titles, but nothing on PC.

Anyone have the issue that when playing games on borderless windowed mode that the game will overlap the taskbar when you're tabbed out? It started happening a while back on every game I play borderless on and it's pretty annoying.

This is kind of a frequent bug with Windows 10. The way I've resolved the problem is closing explorer.exe and relaunching it.

Knurek

Or would it be an insult to the name of god if you could not endure a strike from a mere child like myself? I can see your tribulation. That is why you appeared as a prisoner. You were far too large an existence, and the world too small to hold your grand being.
Aye, I can share in your torment. The world is small. Water and nutrition are but a dry well for us. From the very advent of the stars, we had been locked in coffins.
I suppose I can confess it now. You looked to me like a withered tree when we first met, your being lacking even a single drop of water. You seemed shriveled even in the eyes of a dead man like myself.

Say what you will about Dies irae problems, quality of writing is not one of them.

Also, the games know how to escalate things. It laughs at puny stakes of finales of Gurren Lagann and/or Kill la Kill.

Dies Irae is Heaven's Feel on steroids.

Shantom

Thanks forTrashDump bot info, wasn't aware of something like that exists.

Was crazy enough to go through whole list, and got Thumper 66% coupon, which brought game to 6.80Eur, cheapest that's ever been, so I guess it was worth it lol

Some other interesting coupons I saw besides CSH 50%; Intra 75%, Littlewitch Romanesque 66%, The Cursed Crusade 90%, Atomine 90%

Thanks for this, I grabbed the last CSH coupon.

Platy

Damn. You can actually do this?

COMING SEPTEMBER 29th, CUPHEAD WILL BE THE GREATEST RUN AND GUN GAME EVER MADE. IF YOU DON'T THINK SO YOU ARE PROBABLY A DUMB DUMB.

I really doubt.

Specially since it was more of a Mega Man: The Power Battle game originally so I have a hard time imagining that a late request for actual levels would result in the best run and gun level design ever made

Not saying it will be bad (with those graphics I would buy even if was the shittiest game ever xD) but keep your expectations in check

Wok

I really doubt.

Specially since it was more of a Mega Man: The Power Battle game originally so I have a hard time imagining that a late request for actual levels would result in the best run and gun level design ever made

Not saying it will be bad (with those graphics I would buy even if was the shittiest game ever xD) but keep your expectations in check

You know you are talking to the dev, right?

Question - who is this Wok sacré who posted directly below you in this thread. :)

There are many Woks in Steam world.

I guess.

:p

Guys, thanks a lot for the trashdump bot advice. I was patiently waiting for a sale to get The Quest, but the bot had a very handy 50% coupon. Also, I finally got rid of the Street Fighter V Beta gifts I had in my inventory.

I like crafting badges, so every now and then I get a coupon for a game I don't want. From now on, I'm giving them to trashdump bot.

sheaaaa

I really doubt.

I was worried too but I read a recent interview with the devs (can't for the life of me remember where right now) in which they said their original vision for the game had actual levels, but they reduced the scope to just bosses because of limited resources. With (presumably) the MS money and the huge attention the game's garnered, they decided to put what they originally had planned for the game back in.

Rizzi

Grimoire is the same price as Trails of Cold Steel. One of which I know I would enjoy, and the other is an oddity.

Grimoire actually hit the top 10 on Steam. Not sure if people are actually looking for a good game or ?MEMES? though.

Really? I don't see it in the Top 10 now... was it yesterday?

Biggest problem is it probably won't have legs. I think most people that waited 20 years for the release bought it yesterday.

I'm curious about the game. I'm not getting it because 1) the price is too high and 2) I still haven't touched Wizardry VI and VII (I own both).

Wok

I should have entered that PUGB anonymouse giveaway the other day.

ExTYB3M.png

Why did nobody tell me you can wear a skirt in this game? This changes everything!

Edit: Or hotpants!

5vp1DVB.png

yuraya

ExTYB3M.png

Why did nobody tell me you can wear a skirt in this game? This changes everything!

5vp1DVB.png

But how much does that entire outfit with the pan and mask cost in real life tho?

Digital world stays winning.

lazerfox

Made 15 bucks so far from selling PUBG crates. People love their lewd skins.

Had already $20 in my steam wallet and bought Cold Steel. I love the steam market place

When I get my computer, I'm gonna quit my job and be a full time PUBG marketplace seller. Thinking about starting a thread because I know it's a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom