• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

preta

Oh? I'd like to hear your impressions on Ys 8 then if you don't mind.

I honestly can't fathom how someone who liked Seven wouldn't like VIII, which pretty much contains all of the good things about Seven and Celceta cranked up to 11 and few of the flaws of either.

Ys VIII is my GOTY so far (played the JP PS4 version) and I think it's highly unlikely for that to change.

bloke

If you want Wuppo for cheap, the Trashdump bot currently has 2 75% and 1 90% coupon in its inventory (snagged a 90% coupon myself).

Thanks forTrashDump bot info, wasn't aware of something like that exists.

Was crazy enough to go through whole list, and got Thumper 66% coupon, which brought game to 6.80Eur, cheapest that's ever been, so I guess it was worth it lol

Some other interesting coupons I saw besides CSH 50%; Intra 75%, Littlewitch Romanesque 66%, The Cursed Crusade 90%, Atomine 90%

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Offworld Trading Company -- MB-6807943119009EF9 - Taken by oipic. 17 entrants total.

t1501898986z1.png

Shengar

so i got off work early today cos i was feeling sick, so what better way to use my newfound free time than beat the second part of god eater

i generally enjoyed this much better, i feel the story was more sparse but also actually decent, so unlike the main game it felt a lot more like reward than punishment, hopefully what's next follows that same style, i don't want to be flooded with shitty cutscenes, i just want a few story beats every couple missions to feel like shit is going somewhere

i also got a better handle over the different upgrade systems, but i still think they're real dumb and convoluted, i barely use half of them because of how costly it is to experiment

i'm kind of intrigued if god eater 2 actually makes good on some of those shitty systems and both expands and simplifies them in ways that make them make more sense. i also hope it has more enemy variety, level variety and has a bit more depth to the weapon wielding and it has better controls

this is a clunky ass game that needs a ton of work to be considered good lol

Resurrection actually came after GE2, so don't get yourself hopeful for a major rework.

Rather than just said the game clunky, I want to point out that the game have problem with its animation quality.

fenners

I'm utterly perplexed by Nongunz from this month's Humble Bundle. It's a shooty/platformer, with a strong black & white art-style, but it revels in obtuseness, from the interface to the mechanics, and apparently has some nasty difficulty spikes down the line.

I *want* to like it...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm utterly perplexed by Nongunz from this month's Humble Bundle. It's a shooty/platformer, with a strong black & white art-style, but it revels in obtuseness, from the interface to the mechanics, and apparently has some nasty difficulty spikes down the line.

I *want* to like it...

I'm already frustrated with it. It takes the Dark Souls "hey let's not explain anything" to a ridiculous degree unfortunately.

zkylon

zkylewd
Btw there are some enemies that only show up in side missions/show up in side missions long before they do in a main mission.
Don't miss out on them!
ye i'm skipping all the side missions so...

DS4 Windows. Real simple, real easy.

http://ds4windows.com/

Dead Rising 2 might be a bit strange because they had to remove GFWL from the game and rerelease it, so there may still be some relics left over preventing the Steam API.
i actually don't use that anymore since it used to have like weird conflicts with steam for me and half the times the controller plain didn't work

steam hasn't failed me yet (tho it's acting kinda wonky with tacoma, but that game is kind of bad with a controller)

Resurrection actually came after GE2, so don't get yourself hopeful for a major rework.

Rather than just said the game clunky, I want to point out that the game have problem with its animation quality.
yeah i wasn't hoping for much, just saying what i would expect from a sequel without having any context

was actually thinking of sitting down for a while with a pen and paper and spreadsheets and tear apart all these systems cos i'm kind of curious if they actually do anything or they're just fluff

my initial impression like a billion hours in is that they're fluff tho lol

fenners

I'm already frustrated with it. It takes the Dark Souls "hey let's not explain anything" to a ridiculous degree unfortunately.

Ah, Dark Souls is a good comparison. Ugh. I love the look & music, I love the minute to minute gameplay, but damn, they don't want me to enjoy it.

First person to quote this can have my humble Pillars of Eternity key, just play it at some point and don't add it to the backlog abyss :p

Vardhan

Is anyone else getting an Access Denied message on Steam?

"You don't have permission to access "http://store.steampowered.com/" on this server."

Anyone played Foxhole, best seller on steam yet? I've been meaning to pick up Running With Rifles for some time and I'm tempted to just get the former instead.

Madventure

Anyone played Foxhole, best seller on steam yet? I've been meaning to pick up Running With Rifles for some time and I'm tempted to just get the former instead.

I played it with my buddy for the alpha during and we both liked it and it was with limited options for map/vehicles and stuff. You have to really really work together though, as in a group of 5-6 people one guy gets metal from a factory and runs back and forth and loads up the truck while one guy gets gasoline and ammo.
While the other guys are on an objective and they're ferrying supplies to a frontline type of thing to the other squads of people depending on what the objective at the time for your team currently is

You can't really run off by yourself at all or you'll just die instantly every time for the most part.

We both ended up playing it the entire weekend and all that happened was us chain dying, and it looks like they added a lot more to it since I played it last so It looks good to me at least.

dex3108

We Happy Few final price is a bit high in my opinion. As far as i know people were complaining that there is not enough content for 30$ game and now they are rising it to 51$. I hope that they have huge content patch ready. Also that new price won't do them any favors going forward, it is still game for limited audience.

We Happy Few final price is a bit high in my opinion. As far as i know people were complaining that there is not enough content for 30$ game and now they are rising it to 51$. I hope that they have huge content patch ready. Also that new price won't do them any favors going forward, it is still game for limited audience.

That's lame, I felt it was overpriced at $30 considering what it had to offer.

Is that game still in early access?

The Evil Within would be leagues better if it didn't try to be a stealth game. I'm barely on chapter 3 and I already see this being tiring

The Evil Within would be leagues better if it didn't try to be a stealth game. I'm barely on chapter 3 and I already see this being tiring
Practice your aiming :p Evil Within has the best head shots in gaming so as long as you aren't playing on the highest two difficulties it's pretty easy to go all out past the first few chapters and special encounters.

Tho prior to upgrading it does have one of the most jerky crosshair cursors in any action game.

Madventure

Okay, Grimoire is out? What.

Yep.

I can't tell if the reviews are a joke or not, there's only a handful that are past the 2 hour window to then immediately refund it.
I don't know who bought it as a joke to just write a review to make fun of the developer

Javier23

Banned
Keep playing. You may be very surprised. Game focuses on stealth much more during the first three chapters. It's almost a different game from the fourth onwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom