• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Grimoire. I'm in the mood of some dungeon crawling, any recomendation?

If you want a great dungeon crawler, there's Grimrock I and Grimrock II.

If you want a dungeon crawler + crazy japanese stuff, there's Stranger of Sword City and Operation Abyss (this one is on sale right now).

If you want a good dungeon crawler developed by a single man, there's Swords and Sorcery (it's really good, though it looks a bit rough).

If you want dungeon crawler + cities and stuff, there's Might & Magic X and The Quest.

If you want to go really old-school, there's Wizardry 6, 7 and 8.

If you want a dungeon crawler that's easy to get into and has unique visuals, there's Paper Sorcerer.

If you want the greatest RPG ever created by man and have an IQ over 120, there's Grimoire.

Wok

I mentioned it in a post a couple of days ago. Pay attention to what is happening in the PUBG market. The pre-order and Twitch prime crate prices have shown that people are spending money irrationally on this game. There's opportunity there if you are able to grab it.

You need to post a bigger picture of the mini-skirt, otherwise I just dismiss the post as another PUBG post. Not because of you, but because my PC is below the minimal requirements for the game.

Mivey

Speaking of Grimoire. I'm in the mood of some dungeon crawling, any recomendation?
What about the fruit of 20 years of hard work, by a developer, nay, auteur! who isn't too shy to toot his own horn. A true masterwork, that will never be de-valued by the likes of foul Steam sales.
In fact, after playing even moments of Grimoire, you will feel an incredible motivation to go out and do just about anything else, from banging your head on a wall to watching grass dry, that's how stimulating it is.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
upGyVel.jpg

People are odd.

all that those insane rambling tweets did was make me want to finally boot up God Eater.

Think I'll go straight into 2 tbh, let's not pretend im going to even remotely play all my steam games, might aswell go with the best one.

Annubis

If you want a dungeon crawler + crazy japanese stuff, there's Stranger of Sword City and Operation Abyss (this one is on sale right now).

If you want a good dungeon crawler developed by a single man, there's Swords and Sorcery (it's really good, though it looks a bit rough).

If you want dungeon crawler + cities and stuff, there's Might & Magic X and The Quest.

If you want the greatest RPG ever created by man and have an IQ over 120, there's Grimoire.

I'd add Paper Sorcerer
http://store.steampowered.com/app/263560/Paper_Sorcerer/

It has a really nice class system and you can shape your character pretty much however you'd want it.

Geoff9920

Has anyone run into this issue when using Steam Big Picture?

Basically, I've got an xbox one controller connected in Windows 10, but I'm seeing playstation button prompts. Everything behaves normally when it game, but steam big picture always shows the playstation prompts.

This is using the latest drivers:10.0.15063.0 dated 3/17/17.

I managed to reach level 15 (out of 16) in a little over an hour in Fidel Dungeon Rescue. Now I'm worried about the game's longevity. Are there more levels, unlocks or a huge new game+?

Rizzi

If you want a dungeon crawler that's easy to get into and has unique visuals, there's Paper Sorcerer.

So, Stranger of Sword City or Operation Abyss?

C4rter

Anyone playing Path of Exile 3.0?

I started with a new character because my old one lost all of his passive skills in the skill tree so I have to completely re-skill which takes time.
But it's not really working for me so far. I guess I'm just not in the ARPG mood right now.

Wok

I managed to reach level 15 (out of 16) in a little over an hour in Fidel Dungeon Rescue. Now I'm worried about the game's longevity. Are there more levels, unlocks or a huge new game+?

Beating level 16 is at most 50% completion. This is all I know.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh cool Green Arrow is coming to the Telltale Batman game

DGfA1DcXUAAHfCl.jpg

208110-em-arrow-na-5-temporada-lanterna-ve-diapo-2.png

it's actually The Riddler, the fuck is up with the hoodie >_>

My mom isn't that much of a gamer but over the past two weeks I saw her play through Life is Strange. Are there any good story-like games you guys could suggest? I was thinking of recommending Wolf Among Us to her but I personally haven't played that game yet. Sam & Max was something that she wanted to play but the lack of native support for controller is sort of a let down. I'm not exactly sure if the game is playable with only a controller.

zkylon

zkylewd
i should go back to ladykiller in a bind

i really liked that game and then life kind of got in the way and ruined it for me and now i can't go back to it cos i don't remember anyone's names but i also know if i play it again i'll try different things and i really like this thing i got going on of being a major asshole to everyone so it's all really confusing...

You do know that every mission shows which Aragami you'll have to fight, right?

what's you mean

cyba89

So I guess you can make the most Steam bucks with PUBG when you hold onto the Gamescom crates til the promo is over and not sell them right away?

Parsnip

Oh hey, thanks ES.

eoR2WFL.jpg

I'm 11 Steam years now. 2006 was such a long time ago.

Has anyone run into this issue when using Steam Big Picture?

Basically, I've got an xbox one controller connected in Windows 10, but I'm seeing playstation button prompts. Everything behaves normally when it game, but steam big picture always shows the playstation prompts.

This is using the latest drivers:10.0.15063.0 dated 3/17/17.

What checkboxes have you ticked in the Steam controller config in big picture mode?
So I guess you can make the most Steam bucks with PUBG when you hold onto the Gamescom crates til the promo is over and not sell them right away?
That's my plan.

Though I'm terrible at the game so actually amassing the crates is slow for me. :p

Geoff9920

Oh hey, thanks ES.

eoR2WFL.jpg

I'm 11 Steam years now. 2006 was such a long time ago.

What checkboxes have you ticked in the Steam controller config in big picture mode?

That's my plan.

Though I'm terrible at the game so actually amassing the crates is slow for me. :p
Only the "guide button sets focus to steam" option. All the other ps4/generic/xbox support are not checked.

The only solution I've found is to change the windows 10 driver to the much older "xbox one controller driver" in the device manager, but then windows 10 will continually remind meto update my drivers to the most recent version. Plus, that driver prevents certain windows store games (like gears 4) from seeing the controller.

Tonton

Looks like Cold Steel managed a peak of 1,354 players today, beating SC and 3rd's
Also already has more reviews than 3rd

Maybe not all is lost

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I 100%ed Final Fantasy 6 yesterday but decided to do a final Kefka run today. Killed him in one attack with Locke. (8x9999 damage)

Geoff9920

Only the "guide button sets focus to steam" option. All the other ps4/generic/xbox support are not checked.

The only solution I've found is to change the windows 10 driver to the much older "xbox one controller driver" in the device manager, but then windows 10 will continually remind meto update my drivers to the most recent version. Plus, that driver prevents certain windows store games (like gears 4) from seeing the controller.
Deleting everything, but Steam.exe and the steamapps folder did the trick. Thanks for the help Parsnip.

Ludens

Banned
You must have missed Stump's meltdownhighly informative post about how the Steam version is terrible.

I played both the original and the Steam version, and I think the PC edition is not horrible at all.
Of course I prefer the original for its art, but the Steam edition is a good adaptation. People have opinions, I guess.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Did they ever give proper voice acting to the opera scene in Final Fantasy VI, or does it still have that hilarious sound-chip reverberating to imitate "human sounds" for any of the versions?

Or at least a mod for the Steam version?

Knurek

Did they ever give proper voice acting to the opera scene in Final Fantasy VI, or does it still have that hilarious sound-chip reverberating to imitate "human sounds" for any of the versions?

Or at least a mod for the Steam version?

There's a fan patch for the GBA release that adds proper opera singing.

Parsnip

Deleting everything, but Steam.exe and the steamapps folder did the trick. Thanks for the help Parsnip.

I imagine if you had ticked the xinput/xbox box from the config and restarted Steam, you'd probably have gotten the correct prompts as well. But you got it sorted, that's all that matters. :D

I'm hoping someone can help me find this game, I'm going nuts looking for it.

It was on sale this past week for $9.99 from $19.99.

It was a Medieval game and it looks like a Choose your Own Adventure book type of game. Looked like it might be a visual novel.

I can't for the life of me find it now and when you try to Google search for it, jesus the results are insane.

Anyone?

zkylon

zkylewd
I mean that every mission shows the portraits of the Aragami you're going to encounter in the description, which means scrolling through the side mission now and then to see if something new is in there isn't a bad idea.

but that would mean playing more missions

i'll see the new enemy types when i see them :>

I'm hoping someone can help me find this game, I'm going nuts looking for it.

It was on sale this past week for $9.99 from $19.99.

It was a Medieval game and it looks like a Choose your Own Adventure book type of game. Looked like it might be a visual novel.

I can't for the life of me find it now and when you try to Google search for it, jesus the results are insane.

Anyone?

Sorcery!

The Warlock of Firetop Mountain

Fighting Fantasy Legends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom