• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I started playing Life is Strange and-

kqxarxa.jpg

You forgot one vital step

asgo8q4p.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I got a rando friend invite that shows steam level 11 but on mouseover of profile is 0. How is that possible?

The profile is private or limited to friends. The pending invite allows you to view it, though, so you have a better idea of who the person is (if it's a person at all).

The profile is private or limited to friends. They can be viewed while the invite is pending, though, so you have a better idea of who the person is.

Thanks. They got ignored. Sorry if it was one of you SteamGAF but you got multiple VAC bans and some suspect previous user names for me to assume you are legit.

Beaten Hollow Knight. 33 hours, 78% completion, neutral ending.

The game lived up to my expectations and then some - it really is fantastic, up there with Zelda and Horizon: Zero Dawn as one of my top three games of the year so far. I was surprised how relatively easy the fight with
the Hollow Knight
was, but I know that that's because
there's another fight to come.
. I can't leave it there, though - I'm back in to see how close I can get to that full 100%, though having just been thoroughly bested by
the Fallen Champion
I'm not sure that I'll manage to get all the way there. I think I'll definitely need the last nail upgrade before I put much more effort toward that fight!
Fwiw, I found the optional boss re-fights more demanding than the true final one, even though that one can kill you the fastest.

It's less about nail upgrades and more about charm composition imo.

Also, even if this could be considered a mild spoiler, I still wish I had known this (I'll be vague tho):

When going for the final ending,
there's half of an item you have to get from making it through a trap-filled castle. Once that item is acquired/completed, it functions as a charm, and you will lose it once you go to the place mentioned in its item description and reach a certain object. Only go there once you're sure you want to see the final ending/confrontation, once you've done all other challenges or if you're okay with permanently losing the function of that item.

is that a good or a bad game?

why are ppl cheering for its failure?

The gameplay itself isn't too bad even if it's unnecessarily complicated, but it has lots of game-breaking bugs (double-clicking a character portrait will crash the game, there's a good chance the game will crash after boss fights, people with W10 are having trouble getting it to run, etc.) People expected that with more than 20 years of development time, it would have been released without more crashes than New Vegas.

is that a good or a bad game?

why are ppl cheering for its failure?

I only recently heard about Grimoire, but apparently, the dev is a lunatic supremacist who spent 20 years developing (and delaying) the game. Seems like the kind of guy you don't want to root for.

That said, he spent 20 years developing the game and I respect that, so I'm not cheering for its failure.

Visiting his personal blog is like falling into a bottomless pit filled with crazy fire ants hopped on PCP and white supremacist shitbaggery

Calling him a lunatic is a mild understatement

He's like 3 levels ahead of all conspiracy theorists on reddit

illusionary

Fwiw, I found the optional boss re-fights more demanding than the true final one, even though that one can kill you the fastest.

It's less about nail upgrades and more about charm composition imo.

Also, even if this could be considered a mild spoiler, I still wish I had known this (I'll be vague tho):

When going for the final ending,
there's half of an item you have to get from making it through a trap-filled castle. Once that item is acquired/completed, it functions as a charm, and you will lose it once you go to the place mentioned in its item description and reach a certain object. Only go there once you're sure you want to see the final ending/confrontation, once you've done all other challenges or if you're okay with permanently losing the function of that item.

Kingsoul
, I assume? I've got half at the moment, but not enough essence to go for the second part just yet. Thanks for the heads-up, as while I've read a bit ahead, I didn't know about potentially
losing it
- I assume that's what differentiates between the 'good' and 'bad' endings.

FoneBone

AFAIK The Spirits Within still has the highest RT score of any video game adaptation (actually, Angry Birds tied it, but still).

AFAIK The Spirits Within still has the highest RT score of any video game adaptation (actually, Angry Birds tied it, but still).

Besides using the Final Fantasy name, it's really not a video game adaptation at all.

It's just a sci-fi movie with a Final Fantasy attached on its title.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
welp, The Final Station was absolutely fantastic.

Story gets a little surreal (and incomprehensible to be honest) but that doesnt really detract from the game, really cool little gem they made. Wish it was a little longer, I feel the systems they have could sustain 1 or 2 more hours... not a lot more than that mind you, but yeah, a little more (I finished it in about 4).

bbd23

Guys is my PC dying

sometimes when I play games i get random fps drops and a weird static sound coming from my pc? but like the audio on my tv gets all static too?

searching around says its an overheating issue? I think i need to reapply thermal paste to my cpu? im spooked I dont like touching things :3

Guys is my PC dying

sometimes when I play games i get random fps drops and a weird static sound coming from my pc? but like the audio on my tv gets all static too?

searching around says its an overheating issue? I think i need to reapply thermal paste to my cpu? im spooked I dont like touching things :3

Download something like Speccy to check the temps but "static" sounds more like an electrical short to me. If it is it's probably in the PSU, if it was the CPU it would be dead.

kurahador

Guys is my PC dying

Doesn't sound like a CPU issue. What do you mean by static? Like electrical static or static sound?

Regginator

Guys is my PC dying

Download MSI Afterburner and monitor the temps, it should easily give you an indication of what's running too hot. If it's even heat related...

iosefe

Angry Birds is a weird beast. At times I was entertaining, but the movie had piss drinking and a child abduction joke at the expense of a character offering free hugs.

Fuck that movie

bbd23

Download something like Speccy to check the temps but "static" sounds more like an electrical short to me. If it is it's probably in the PSU, if it was the CPU it would be dead.
temp right now is 45-48 C. down to about 40-41 now. (close overwatch like 10 minutes ago)

Doesn't sound like a CPU issue. What do you mean by static? Like electrical static or static sound?

like a distortion kinda sound. Like my whole PC kinda lags up for a few seconds after I close the game then everything is back to normal

Grief.exe

Dragon Quest Builders 2 announced for Switch and PS4, no PC. The stream was Japan only, so still could be announced later.

Skipping PC for this series is mindbogglingly ignorant.

temp right now is 45-48 C. down to about 40-41 now. (close overwatch like 10 minutes ago)

like a distortion kinda sound. Like my whole PC kinda lags up for a few seconds after I close the game then everything is back to normal

Temps are fine.

How much memory do you have? 2 sticks? 4 sticks? Might be a memory issue as it's happening when your PC is returning the space to the PC for use. Maybe check it Windows Memory Diag Tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom